Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Lahinch from Dublin (Bus Eireann)

• 25-06-2015 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, I'm thinking of booking a trip from Dublin to Lahinch. I want to know the routes I can take. I see on the website getthere.ie, I have to get off Galway Station and walk. The problem is the directions are obscure. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think walking from Galway is an option.

Personally, I would get the train or bus from Dublin to Ennis and then the Ennis to Lahinch bus, it's a fairly regular service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fegelspook

Sorry I meant walking 15 minutes towards a bus stop and taking a bus to Lahinch. Not walking all the way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

fegelspook wrote: »
    Sorry I meant walking 15 minutes towards a bus stop and taking a bus to Lahinch. Not walking all the way.

Oh right :)

I think there's a direct bus from Ennis to Lahinch, not sure about from Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

As far as I know there is coastal bus from Galway 350 if I am correct. If you are travelling from Dublin with one of the private operators then when you come out of their depot take a left towards Eyre Square. Bus/Train Station will be on your left as you enter Eyre Sqaure about 5-10 minutes walk.

ger664 wrote: »
    As far as I know there is coastal bus from Galway 350 if I am correct. If you are travelling from Dublin with one of the private operators then when you come out of their depot take a left towards Eyre Square. Bus/Train Station will be on your left as you enter Eyre Sqaure about 5-10 minutes walk.

Is this from Galway Bus Station to Eyre Bus station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Is this from Galway Bus Station to Eyre Bus station?

Yes, Directions are from the Private Operators Terminal. All Bus Eirean buses go from Train Station at the bottom of Eyre Square

ger664 wrote: »
    Yes, Directions are from the Private Operators Terminal. All Bus Eirean buses go from Train Station at the bottom of Eyre Square

Thanks so much. Just one more question. Can I take the bus from Busáras or Burgh Quay?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭BANNERMAN98

Hey, I'm thinking of booking a trip from Dublin to Lahinch. I want to know the routes I can take. I see on the website getthere.ie, I have to get off Galway Station and walk. The problem is the directions are obscure. Can anyone help?

Now that was funny!:) would be quite the walk indeed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

dublin to galway, galway to ennis, ennis to lahinch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

dublin to galway, galway to ennis, ennis to lahinch

The Route 350 runs from Galway to Ennis via the coast.

It leaves Galway at 0800; 1000; 1300; 1500 and passes the Lahinch 2 hours 25 minutes later.

It leaves Ennis at 1030; 1230; 1430 and passes the Lahinch 35 minutes later.

Last Bus from the Lahinch to Galway is 1705 arriving in Galway at 1930.
    Last Bus from the Lahinch to Ennis is 1725 arriving in Ennis at 1800.

There are a number of options from Dublin to either Galway or Ennis from Bus Eireann/Irish Rail and various Private Operators.

Ennis and Galway are not that big so I would plan my arrival in either to coincide within 30 min of the departure of the 350 bus.

And plan my return based on the return service from the Lahinch to either Galway/Ennis arriving within 30 min of the onward connection to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

The Route 350 runs from Galway to Ennis via the coast.

It leaves Galway at 0800; 1000; 1300; 1500 and passes the Lahinch 2 hours 25 minutes later.

It leaves Ennis at 1030; 1230; 1430 and passes the Lahinch 35 minutes later.

Last Bus from the Lahinch to Galway is 1705 arriving in Galway at 1930.
    Last Bus from the Lahinch to Ennis is 1725 arriving in Ennis at 1800.

There are a number of options from Dublin to either Galway or Ennis from Bus Eireann/Irish Rail and various Private Operators.

Ennis and Galway are not that big so I would plan my arrival in either to coincide within 30 min of the departure of the 350 bus.

And plan my return based on the return service from the Lahinch to either Galway/Ennis arriving within 30 min of the onward connection to Dublin.

could just take the train from dublin to galway/ennis and bus from there on.

definietly wont be walking not even from ennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Useful map showing the new 'Coach Station' used by Citylink and Gobus buses. The area marked 'Train and Bus Station' is for Iarnrod Eireann trains and Bus Eireann Buses. http://www.galwaytourism.ie/UserFiles/Image/galway-tourist-map.pdf?pdf=Galway-Map A short walk, as described by ger664.

Advertisement