Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest combo + satellite install

• 25-06-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭

Looking around the web there's a huge variance in price between installs. Could anyone provide an estimate on this

In Dublin 7
    Have existing wiring from Upc
    Would need an aerial
    Would need boxes in two rooms
    Neither box needs hd or rewind etc.
    Both boxes need saorview and uk channels
    Both boxes need EPG

Thanks

(also do you need both a dish and a satellite?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

multimate wrote: »
    Looking around the web there's a huge variance in price between installs. Could anyone provide an estimate on this

In Dublin 7
    Have existing wiring from Upc
    Would need an aerial
    Would need boxes in two rooms
    Neither box needs hd or rewind etc.
    Both boxes need saorview and uk channels
    Both boxes need EPG

Thanks

(also do you need both a dish and a satellite?)

Yes you need a dish if your looking for the UK channels.

I would guess your looking at maybe 150 - 200 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

So I definitely need both on the roof. Damn.

Wow thats a good bit cheaper than what I was looking at. Do you know where the best place to get it would be or was that off the top of your head? Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

So I definitely need both on the roof. Damn.

Wow thats a good bit cheaper than what I was looking at. Do you know where the best place to get it would be or was that off the top of your head? Thanks a million

That was off the top of my head. A low end box price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

So I definitely need both on the roof ...

The dish doesn't have to be on the roof, just needs to be able to 'see' the relevant part of the sky. (And preferably be kept out of harm's way.)

The aerial is best mounted good & high up, if even just to clear other buildings etc., but if you were going to DIY it, & not set up for working at height, you could try it at a lower level or in the attic.

Thurston? wrote: »
    The dish doesn't have to be on the roof, just needs to be able to 'see' the relevant part of the sky. (And preferably be kept out of harm's way.)

The aerial is best mounted good & high up, if even just to clear other buildings etc., but if you were going to DIY it, & not set up for working at height, you could try it at a lower level or in the attic.

Would probably end up getting a professional installer to do it as a once off.
    This looks like the best option so far http://www.freetv.ie/saorview-approved-multi-room-combo.html

Thanks

• Advertisement

These seem to do installation as well actually. http://www.satworld.ie/multiroom-digital-tv-box-and-aerial-kit.html

nvm saorview only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Do none of your TVs work with Saorview? (At least, some even have satellite tuners their owners are unaware of.)

You could post the makes & models here if you're not sure.

Thurston? wrote: »
    Do none of your TVs work with Saorview? (At least, some even have satellite tuners their owners are unaware of.)

You could post the makes & models here if you're not sure.

No, unfortunately not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

You need a separate feed from the satellite dish to each TV point.
    Chances are that the UPC cabling is just a single cable so you'd need to add cabling which could add a good bit to the cost depending on the difficulty to add it.

Advertisement