Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissolve a Partnership Keep the business name

Options
  • 25-06-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi guys my partner and i have recently decided to go our separate ways and im wondering if it would be possible for my to keep the business name but just operate as a sole trader?

I would like to keep the website and .ie domain. We have agreed that if this is allowed that i can retain the business name.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Just close the partnership and register again as a sole trader. If its only registered as a business name there isn't much stopping yourself or anyone else trading under that same name as an ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Thanks Jimmii thats what i wanted to hear. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

steve_ wrote: »
    Thanks Jimmii thats what i wanted to hear. Cheers!

I've gone through the process myself its surprisingly easy. I timed it so that it was the end of a VAT period to make it more straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

jimmii wrote: »
    I've gone through the process myself its surprisingly easy. I timed it so that it was the end of a VAT period to make it more straight forward.

We actually only applied for VAT not long ago so its yet to be processed. So hopefully it wouldn't be to hard to close things

Advertisement