Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White dress is see through

• 25-06-2015 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I bought a dress online that was delivered today, I love it except it's totally see through 😕
    It's off the shoulder, floaty and kind of gathered at the waist, it's definitely a summer dress! Given the floatiness and the gathered waist etc what are my options?
    Would a good seamstress be able to sew a lining on it do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Could you share a link to the dress (or your own pic) and we'd have a better idea of what could be done? Sounds like a 'slip' might not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

I'm not allowed to post links or attachments as I'm only a new user 😞
    No, given the style of dress a slip won't work. It's chiffon, floaty...very pretty but see through. It didn't look see through on website. It's from prettylittlething.com. It's their Lucy Mecklenberg (I know that's spelled wrong) collection.

This one then? https://www.prettylittlething.com/jena-cream-cold-shoulder-chiffon-dress.html
    I'd probably just buy a long bandeau top and wear it underneath!

Yes that's the one! Yeah I hadn't thought of that. Thank you. It'll save the bother of bringing it to seamstress. I don't know what she's wearing in the picture but it's super see through in reality.

Yes that's the one! Yeah I hadn't thought of that. Thank you. It'll save the bother of bringing it to seamstress. I don't know what she's wearing in the picture but it's super see through in reality.

Could be spanx or clever lighting, it's a lovely dress anyway, hope you enjoy wearing it!

• Advertisement

Thank you! I bought a few others as well and they are lovely. Only discovered the website last week, read a few mixed reviews and apart from the see through situation I am happy with their stuff. Worth a look anyway (-:

Thank you! I bought a few others as well and they are lovely. Only discovered the website last week, read a few mixed reviews and apart from the see through situation I am happy with their stuff. Worth a look anyway (-:

Must have a closer look myself, great value!

Advertisement