Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question on my consumer rights

Options
  • 25-06-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

my internet provider installed a dish on my house and said a neighbours tree will cause disruption to the signal unless I cut the tree down. I have asked for the dish to be moved but have been told that I will be charged if they move it. Should I have to pay this charge to get good signal on my internet

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Consumer Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Did the installer select the first location or did they warn you of the possibility of interference before they installed the dish there?

Imo if the installer discovered the issue when commissioning the system and now recommends the second location then I would consider that part of the installation process and his cost. However if the interference has only become an issue some weeks, months or years after installation then that might be different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As above was the potential issue with the tree indicated before installation or after, when you have got in touch regarding poor service?

Not sure what the legal standpoint is, but if you are being told this after installation, and the tree was present during installation(and you werent told at that point) I'd look to have the dish moved and costs covered by the ISP.

Satellite internet is notoriously poor and unreliable, and many companies have come into the market in the last 8 years with a similar service and left quickly after.

Is Satellite literally the only option you have in the household? Not to go off topic, but if maybe you have an alternative service, and only signed up recently, you should definitly in my opinion get out of that ASAP and look into a more stable platform for internet.

Advertisement