Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing a garage remote?

• 25-06-2015 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, I've had these remotes for a very long time, about 15-20 years and all 4 that I have are now broken. Does anyone know what kind of remote they are so I can get new ones?

They are the type that you program by moving the 8 switches to match the pattern of the switches in the receiver as shown in the picture but I have no idea what these types of remotes are called?

P.S. The shop they were bought at is long gone so I can't go back there for a replacement.

efS86.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

That is a relatively simple circuit and should be easily repairable.

The chip shown is a remote control encoder and there is very little else there, so replacing it, or repairing a track might be all that is needed.
    It might only be a failed diode that is the problem.

EDIT: Datasheet

www.adafruit.com/datasheets/PT2262.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

To be honest I'd rather just replace the whole remotes because it's not just the circuit boards that are broken, the cases that hold them have also been broken over the years, some now missing buttons and others that don't stay closed.

Advertisement