Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing name on account

Options
  • 25-06-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I've been renting with my girlfriend and the bills are in my name.
    I have the rent contract as proof, and I'd like to transfer the electric bill on her name so she has a proof of address that will be accepted by banks/other institutions.

Could one of the reps PM me so we can discuss this issue?

Thanks,
    Alex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Alexanderis,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We would be unable to transfer the account into your girlfriend's name without her permission, so she would need to get into contact with us. We would require an up to date meter reading to effect the change from and the date that the reading was taken. She would need to confirm the MPRN from your bill and the full address. We would then issue a closing bill in your name and set up a brand new account in her name.

The other option would be to simply add her name to the current bill. We would require no readings in this case and the account could remain as is, but she would need to confirm that she was willing for her name to be added. She can do this here on Boards or on any of our other Social Media channels. We are on [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ElectricIreland"]Facebook [/URL]and [URL="https://twitter.com/electricireland"]Twitter [/URL]also. Alternatively, she could ring our colleagues on 1850 372 372 and speak to a Customer Service representative.

If you wish to go ahead with the second option, we will also need your authorisation and your customer details. We can make a note on file confirming that you have given your permission to add her name. We would require the following information:
    • confirmation that you are the account holder
    • your full name and address
    • your account number
    • your contact number or date of birth

Do let us know how you wish to proceed. If you have any other questions in relation to this or anything else, do let us know.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alexanderis

Hi Alexanderis,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We would be unable to transfer the account into your girlfriend's name without her permission, so she would need to get into contact with us. We would require an up to date meter reading to effect the change from and the date that the reading was taken. She would need to confirm the MPRN from your bill and the full address. We would then issue a closing bill in your name and set up a brand new account in her name.

The other option would be to simply add her name to the current bill. We would require no readings in this case and the account could remain as is, but she would need to confirm that she was willing for her name to be added. She can do this here on Boards or on any of our other Social Media channels. We are on  Facebook and Twitter also. Alternatively, she could ring our colleagues on 1850 372 372 and speak to a Customer Service representative.

If you wish to go ahead with the second option, we will also need your authorisation and your customer details. We can make a note on file confirming that you have given your permission to add her name. We would require the following information:  
    • confirmation that you are the account holder
    • your full name and address
    • your account number
    • your contact number or date of birth

Do let us know how you wish to proceed. If you have any other questions in relation to this or anything else, do let us know.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    Hi Aoife,

Thank you for your quick reply. The second option does indeed look easier.

Thank you mods!

Here are my details:

<SNIP>
    Don't post your details on a public forum read by over 2 million people, send a private message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Alexanderis,

Thank you for getting back to us. For your own account security, can you please delete your last post and send this in a private message instead as this page is public.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks and regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement