Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Shaping up to be ok but a bit gutted gunni wont be fighting on it. If he was to be added along with Stipe it would be a great one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Shaping up to be ok but a bit gutted gunni wont be fighting on it. If he was to be added along with Stipe it would be a great one
    Who said he's not going to be on it?

Who said he's not going to be on it?

Hes obviously trying to be on it. But if Stipe/ Rothwell is co- main then I cant see him fighting in a fight that will be below that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

If Gunni is added and the HW fight, surely they'll be rearranging the card and Duffy V Poirier will be relegated to Main/ Co Main status...

The card is generally built around the biggest and highest ranked guys fight being the main The next highest ranking is co main

The HW and Gunni fights would be higher ranked than Duffy Poirier so would jump overt it into the main/Co Main slots..

I'd be ok with those three as the big three fights and be going for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Big Ben favourited my tweet about hearing he's going to be on the card, really really hope this fight gets announced. Bens a hero and Stipe is a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 madeofbraille

Darren Till was excellent in his last fight, really worth checking it out if you haven't seen it.
    The guy left Liverpool to train in Brazil at like 19, he knew the lingo and spoke to the fans after he won in Brazil.
    Glad to see him on there. Dalby actually fought on that card too.

We actually have 4 guys fighting on this card who were also on the Condit/Alves card in Brazil.

“I thought for them (UFC) it would be easy to put me on the Dublin card because I only 20 minutes away. But, apparently, they are only sticking five Irish guys on it and as of yesterday four have been signed. I’d love to fight here because of all the mad lunatics would be there. But the way I see it, if they’re keeping me on, I’ll fight on the North Pole.”

Taken from a Paul Redmond interview with Severe MMA.

Not sure where the claim that only 5 Irish guys are to be on the card but if so, only one of Seery, Redmond or Daly can be added.
    Not going to be too pedantic about the whole thing and question Parke being from the north, the term 'guys' and Daly being female etc.
    I presume it was meant as 5 irish representatives in the broadest terms.

I remember hearing when this card was initially announced that it would be a showcase for SBG, even suggestion that new blood from SBG could feature. Pure balls of course.

Someone mentioned that Daly said she was on this card when they seen her in Glasgow and if that's the case, there's your fifth.

Mind you lads could be just putting Redser up the walls and feeding him ****e knowing he's dunging them about his future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I remember hearing when this card was initially announced that it would be a showcase for SBG, even suggestion that new blood from SBG could feature. Pure balls of course.

There was people suggesting that a certain fighter (or two) might get a spot, despite the fact he had yet to make his pro debut. Nonsense stuff.
    It'll be a typical fight night card. 5 hometown fighters is about right, if there was more people who complain about that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

There was people suggesting that a certain fighter (or two) might get a spot, despite the fact he had yet to make his pro debut. Nonsense stuff.
    It'll be a typical fight night card. 5 hometown fighters is about right, if there was more people who complain about that too.

The last Dublin card was a showcase for SBG.

If you are interested in seeing the next generation of SBG fighters you would be better to attend BAMMA and keep your eye other pro shows.

There will be new wave of experienced amateurs making pro débuts in the next few months.

UFC Europe ‏@UFCEurope 3m3 minutes ago

It's official! The heavyweights are coming to #UFCDublin! @stipemiocicufc vs @RothwellFighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Image_1gg.jpg

Holohan v Smolka officially added!! A pretty mediocre bill has improved a hell of a lot the past few days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone who signed up for Sun+ and having issues with getting your Fightpass code...

Over the last month I received 3 codes that didn't work, got another one today along with an actual apology this time. Again the code didn't work, until I thought maybe it was due to regional issues - fired up Hola with UK VPN settings, and voila the code worked!

Now I'm wondering if the previous 3 are still active....

Send me one and ik have a check on my account ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Any idea on ticket prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

It's official! The heavyweights are coming to #UFCDublin! @stipemiocicufc vs @RothwellFighter https://ufcdublin.signmeupfor.com/

11222573_606702582766112_7739236983824161230_n.jpg?oh=847629860277cf4ba24f725539128a0f&oe=563752DD

Brad Scott and Sam Alvey pushing for a fight on the card. They've both retweeted a load of sites rumouring the fight so they obviously want it, it'd be another good fight. What a difference a few days makes.

Brad Scott and Sam Alvey pushing for a fight on the card. They've both retweeted a load of sites rumouring the fight so they obviously want it, it'd be another good fight. What a difference a few days makes.

Can't see that happening in Dublin but it's driving attention in the card's direction which is good.
    Only 4 fights to be announced and Daly is apparently one of them.
    Wouldn't be expecting anything special in these last announcements, probably all predetermined and they just biding their time in letting us know.

Could have one more big-ish fight, hopefully its gunni.

The early prelim spots should be filled so hopefully there's 1 or 2 decent matchups left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just seen the recent additions. Rothwell vs Miocic is worthy of a PPV main card/Fight Night headliner by itself.

Incredible fight. Also looking forward to seeing Nicolas Dalby again. Really like how he fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Fabio Maldonado called out a few different guys and Ilir Latifi responded by asking to fight him in Dublin.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/16/9160295/ufc-fabio-maldonado-gustafsson-latifi-manuwa-mma-news

I tweeted sterling about Dublin and he's trying to get on the card!

https://twitter.com/yLwoT/status/633021097986752512

What is the deal with all these fighters talking themselves onto the card?

There's only 3 bouts left to be announced given Daly announcement is imminent. Those 3 unannounced fights were surely agreed a long time ago.

One thing it does clarify is that Latifi was not scheduled for this card as he's even got Gustafsson trying to get him a fight.

Alvey and Scott would actually be a good fight but again I'm presuming UFC has the matchmaking done long ago.

What is the deal with all these fighters talking themselves onto the card?

There's only 3 bouts left to be announced given Daly announcement is imminent. Those 3 unannounced fights were surely agreed a long time ago.

One thing it does clarify is that Latifi was not scheduled for this card as he's even got Gustafsson trying to get him a fight.

Alvey and Scott would actually be a good fight but again I'm presuming UFC has the matchmaking done long ago.

You could be right, maybe not all 3 are settled though. Still 2 months to go til the card.

Stevie Ray added to the card.

Mickael Lebout's fight in Glasgow was atrocious.
    Maybe it was his opponent but this was such a disappointing fight.

Thought Ray or Whiteford would get added, should be an easy one for Ray if he can do what he did in Glasgow.
    I think Ray only found out on Saturday about being added to Dublin.

That's not to say it hasn't been on paper for ages, but if they genuinely are still finalising fights at the moment then some of these twitter fights could happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Macheetah

Do you think the demand will be as big as last year considering mcgregor wont be on the card? I'm just considering whether or not it will be necessary to buy ufcfightclub membership for the presales...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Macheetah wrote: »
    Do you think the demand will be as big as last year considering mcgregor wont be on the card?

NO
    Macheetah wrote: »
    I'm just considering whether or not it will be necessary to buy ufcfightclub membership for the presales...

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Macheetah

scudzilla wrote: »
    NO

YES

ok, thanks. I managed to get a ticket last year but only on the second sale they had.

Thought Stevie Ray deserved a bigger step up after his KO win.

Thought Stevie Ray deserved a bigger step up after his KO win.

Agreed, he's 2/2 and got performance of the night.
    Lebout lost his debut and merely beat a newbie in Glasgow.

Chris Wade would have been a good test for Ray.
    I know he pulled out of the UFN 74 through injury but he'd surely be good to go for October.
    They both defended their respective belts in their last organisations too.

Ah well, it'l be a quick one, another round one finish for Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Must say I'm getting excited for this event. Feel it is gonna be another landmark event with Duffy making a huge statement against Poirier.

How does everybody feel this time around compared to last year?

Last year I remember a lot of people cribbing about the main and look where we are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

UFC Fight Night Dublin - POIRIER vs. DUFFY

Fight Club Presale:
    Starts Wednesday, September 2nd – 10 am IST
    (Ultimate & Elite Fight Club Members)

Public On-Sale Date:
    Starts Friday, September 4th – 12 noon IST

Ticket Prices (Does not include fees):
    P1 = €175
    P2 = €150
    P3 = €125
    P4 = €100
    P5 = €75
    P6 = €50

From Announcements section on Fight Club Forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Will Three customers get early access like O2 did for the last one? No mention of it anywhere so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

UFC Fight Night Dublin - POIRIER vs. DUFFY

Fight Club Presale:
    Starts Wednesday, September 2nd – 10 am IST
    (Ultimate & Elite Fight Club Members)

Public On-Sale Date:
    Starts Friday, September 4th – 12 noon IST

Ticket Prices (Does not include fees):
    P1 = €175
    P2 = €150
    P3 = €125
    P4 = €100
    P5 = €75
    P6 = €50

From Announcements section on Fight Club Forum

Presuming they'll be using the same seating plan:

UFC-seating.jpg

Obviously P1 will be cageside, P2 will be the lower tired seating, does anyone have any pictures from their seats in P3 or P4 from last time to get an idea of what the views are like please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Paully D wrote: »

Obviously P1 will be cageside, P2 will be the lower tired seating, does anyone have any pictures from their seats in P3 or P4 from last time to get an idea of what the views are like please?

I was in P1 last year, it was the lowest tier but wasn't cage side. Cage side is all the VIP tickets as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was in P1 as well, great being so close but you *should* have a great view of the action no matter where you are. I was still watching the screens above for some of the action when the camera man or octagon posts got in the way. The VIP section is to the left, absolutely ZERO ATMOSPHERE. Empty during the prelims and then half filled with people who were barely interested for the rest. The right floor section was all media. Those seats at the back of the Octagon looked good as well.

359106.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The blue section to the left of the cage on the seating map is the media area. The other seating in blue is the vip/floor seating. There's not much different between there and the front seats of the lower tier seating. Don't have pics from p3 or p4 but this pic we took at the event will give you a good idea of the distance of most seats from the cage and the layout.

http://tag.huggity.com/fanpic/401-2014-ufc-dublin/app/index.php

*ignore*

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I was in P1 as well, great being so close but you *should* have a great view of the action no matter where you are. I was still watching the screens above for some of the action when the camera man or octagon posts got in the way. The VIP section is to the left, absolutely ZERO ATMOSPHERE. Empty during the prelims and then half filled with people who were barely interested for the rest. The right floor section was all media. Those seats at the back of the Octagon looked good as well.

So are the blue areas on the floor tiered?

So are the blue areas on the floor tiered?

No. They are floor level seats.

• Advertisement

So Zero Cool is seated is the first couple of rows of the yellow section on the seat map?
    Looks like the ideal type of seat.

Ticketmaster has a 10% booking charge on their tickets, at least they did on Glasgow tickets.
    So P1 ticket would end up at €192.50, which is £137.
    I paid £135 for the second highest category ticket in Glasgow so P1 actually seems like a fair enough price as it appears to be much closer to the cage.

So Zero Cool is seated is the first couple of rows of the yellow section on the seat map?
    Looks like the ideal type of seat.

Yep, looks a few rows back in E or D I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Me and a mate will be trying to buy tickets for Dublin in the presale. Better chance of getting them if we both try but We only need 6 and will be buying at the time. Do ye reckon if we both get tickets will it be easy to sell the extra 6 on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

JR6 wrote: »
    Me and a mate will be trying to buy tickets for Dublin in the presale. Better chance of getting them if we both try but We only need 6 and will be buying at the time. Do ye reckon if we both get tickets will it be easy to sell the extra 6 on here?

Why not just buy what you need? I assume it's the fight club presale. You should be grand. There's better ways to go about it than just buying 6 each. Maybe you could be on the phone to one another or do it together so if one secures them the other doesn't have to.

Should be easy enough to sell them on
    I sold two tickets for UFC189 easy on here. Had about 5 offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Use whatsapp to coordinate it. Once one of you gets through to booking, you're fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If someone has presale tickets I'll take 2/3 of them anyway. As long as its postal tickets not printed ones.

Edit - I would probably want to try for my own to be 100% sure though, it will sell out so won't be a problem for you if that happens.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    If someone has presale tickets I'll take 2/3 of them anyway. As long as its postal tickets not printed ones.

Edit - I would probably want to try for my own to be 100% sure though, it will sell out so won't be a problem for you if that happens.

Printed tickets can be transferred from one person to another so long as ye both have ticket master accounts... no risk to the buyer or seller or duplications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Really? When did that become a feature?

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Really? When did that become a feature?

Dunno but that's what I was able to do when I sold the 189 ones on. the guy I sold them to is a poster here too, so can verify there were no issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement