Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ahhhhh I think that's Ticketmaster US only, you can't do that through IE site AFAIK (stupid that you can't)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

maximoose wrote: »
    Ahhhhh I think that's Ticketmaster US only, you can't do that through IE site AFAIK (stupid that you can't)

You could be right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

brinty wrote: »
    You could be right

He is right afaik. Transfers, resale, etc are features of the US site. I wouldn't count on them being available on .ie site yet
    It's not on the AU site either. Very annoying as its such a good feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Aisling Daly vs Ericka Almeida added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

That_Guy wrote: »

Would've preferred Redmond to be on the card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Would've preferred Redmond to be on the card

It would have been great to have all the Irish lads on the card. But as a MMA pioneer in Ireland and Europe, Ais more than deserves her place on this card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That_Guy wrote: »

I was hoping for her to be against someone from her series of TUF. Glad to see her on the card, even though it was absolutely certain to happen anyway.

Can't beat a women's strawweight bout! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

From Three:

UFC at 3Arena 24th Oct 2015. Want presale tickets? Free text UFC to 51020. Terms at three.ie/plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

From Three:

UFC at 3Arena 24th Oct 2015. Want presale tickets? Free text UFC to 51020. Terms at three.ie/plus

Your code for UFC at 3Arena is xxxxxxx. Make sure to register for 3Plus at three.ie/plus then visit: http://bit.ly/1MNRnms Weds 2nd Sept at 12. Terms three.ie/plus

• Registered Users Posts: 36 madeofbraille

Paully D wrote: »
    I was hoping for her to be against someone from her series of TUF. Glad to see her on the card, even though it was absolutely certain to happen anyway.

Can't beat a women's strawweight bout! :)

Same, would have liked to have seen Herrig, Rawlings or Clark fight her as they're all yet to prove themselves since the show.

Regarding Redmond, he's been to Stockholm and Glasgow, lost both and missed weight on his UFC debut, he hardly deserves a hometown show.

He has a lot to do to prove his worth to the UFC. He'l be used to fill up some random fight night show where the UFC are merely making up numbers.

Our card could be described exactly as that but I can't see them giving him the privilege of fighting on his door step.

Wilkinson v Whiteford being rumoured at the minute. If that is true it would likely rule out Redmond's involvement in the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Same, would have liked to have seen Herrig, Rawlings or Clark fight her as they're all yet to prove themselves since the show.

Regarding Redmond, he's been to Stockholm and Glasgow, lost both and missed weight on his UFC debut, he hardly deserves a hometown show.

He has a lot to do to prove his worth to the UFC. He'l be used to fill up some random fight night show where the UFC are merely making up numbers.

Our card could be described exactly as that but I can't see them giving him the privilege of fighting on his door step.

Wilkinson v Whiteford being rumoured at the minute. If that is true it would likely rule out Redmond's involvement in the card.

The missing weight can't really be used against him tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

stephenl15 wrote: »
    The missing weight can't really be used against him tbh

He had two weeks to cut the weight on very short notice. While he's lost two in the UFC, I actually counted Glasgow as his first fight given that he had time to train and cut weight properly.

Would still like to see him on the card but if I had to choose, I'd like to see Seery get the nod over him. Ideally I'd like both but spots are filling up quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

What day is the fight club presale anyone?

ASOT wrote: »
    What day is the fight club presale anyone?

Google not working?!

Its 2nd Sept.

Regarding Redmond, he's been to Stockholm and Glasgow, lost both and missed weight on his UFC debut, he hardly deserves a hometown show...
    This part makes no sense to me. He doesn't deserve to a hometown fight? Surely home town fights are entry level. Most fighters start with home town fights and work up. The alternative is to fly him and his corner internationally, and put them up in a hotel, which is a bigger expense for the UFC.
    I don't know if they have many euro cards to fill in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mellor wrote: »
    This part makes no sense to me. He doesn't deserve to a hometown fight? Surely home town fights are entry level. Most fighters start with home town fights and work up. The alternative is to fly him and his corner internationally, and put them up in a hotel, which is a bigger expense for the UFC.

It's just the flights, hometown fight or not all fighters will still get a hotel room (s) paid for by Zuffa

scudzilla wrote: »
    It's just the flights, hometown fight or not all fighters will still get a hotel room (s) paid for by Zuffa
    I thought some might choose to stay at home for comfort, but probably not allowed for ease of access.
    But my point remains, excluding filling in for injury at short notice, hometown fights are the bottom rung generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Been told by Ticketmaster that tickets are limited to 6 per transaction, 4 if you're using the Three presale. Wasn't it 8 last year? Could've sworn.

Either way, it messes up my plans. Got 7 people lined up who want to go and now we'll have to split groups. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Been told by Ticketmaster that tickets are limited to 6 per transaction, 4 if you're using the Three presale. Wasn't it 8 last year? Could've sworn.

Either way, it messes up my plans. Got 7 people lined up who want to go and now we'll have to split groups. Damn.

is the three presale tickets out on the Thursday, I know fight clubs are out on the Wednesday

To explain what I meant by deserve;

He has done very little traveling since joining the UFC. Two european shows is a good break for a Dubliner starting out in the UFC. Regardless of the circumstances around his debut, he took the fight.

Looking at Seery recently travelling to LV, Parke fighting in Brazil/US and same for Pendred, obviously these guys have fought more than Redmond but they are putting in the miles after a few cards close to home.

Whether they used that 'local' aspect to their advantage is another thing but staying on the continent with short flights and 1/2 hr time difference is a gift for a fighter who can't afford a camp in the respective country weeks before the fight.

At the minute he's low on the UFC priority list, they are hardly keen to get a 0-2 a fight when the division is rammed with prospects. I just don't see the UFC sticking Redmond on here because he's irish and people are asking for him, if anything they could send him to Korea, hope the travel wares him down, loses fight and can be dropped off the roster.

So to clarify, 'deserve' was in respect to how accommodating the start of his UFC career has been in regards to travel. I'm aware Seery got 3 European shows in a row but he did win his second show, and third for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Macheetah

do you know if two people can use the same fight club pre-sale code at the same time? Im guessing its possible as long as you dont go over the 6 ticket limt per code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Macheetah wrote: »
    do you know if two people can use the same fight club pre-sale code at the same time? Im guessing its possible as long as you dont go over the 6 ticket limt per code?
    You guess correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Just logged into fightclub for the first time i about 2 weeks. Presale codes for this are up!! One week to go :-)

They are indeed!

I signed up to the Sun+ lark, but ended up getting Fightclub anyway for 194. Assuming I get my tickets for Dublin ok through Fightclub presale I'll have a sun+ presale code going spare, any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Any codes going I'll happily make use of them :)

Yours it is, I'll send it on to you when I get the details!

Cheers Buck. Give me another shot at tickets, been to the previous ones and vegas last july shame to miss this.

To explain what I meant by deserve;

He has done very little traveling since joining the UFC. Two european shows is a good break for a Dubliner starting out in the UFC. Regardless of the circumstances around his debut, he took the fight.

Looking at Seery recently travelling to LV, Parke fighting in Brazil/US and same for Pendred, obviously these guys have fought more than Redmond but they are putting in the miles after a few cards close to home.

Whether they used that 'local' aspect to their advantage is another thing but staying on the continent with short flights and 1/2 hr time difference is a gift for a fighter who can't afford a camp in the respective country weeks before the fight.

At the minute he's low on the UFC priority list, they are hardly keen to get a 0-2 a fight when the division is rammed with prospects. I just don't see the UFC sticking Redmond on here because he's irish and people are asking for him, if anything they could send him to Korea, hope the travel wares him down, loses fight and can be dropped off the roster.

So to clarify, 'deserve' was in respect to how accommodating the start of his UFC career has been in regards to travel. I'm aware Seery got 3 European shows in a row but he did win his second show, and third for that matter.
    I still think you have it backwards. Fighting on european fight nights isn't much of a gift imo. Regardless if it suits the fighter or not.
    Seery wasn't doing the UFC a favour flying to vegas for a fight. Getting a fightbon a huge PPV is the goal. He described it as a dream come true finally getting to Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Just realised my mates wedding is on the same day as this so wont be going after all! As is the Rugby World cup semis, selfish bastard!:pac:

• Advertisement

I still think you have it backwards. Fighting on european fight nights isn't much of a gift imo. Regardless if it suits the fighter or not.
    Seery wasn't doing the UFC a favour flying to vegas for a fight. Getting a fightbon a huge PPV is the goal. He described it as a dream come true finally getting to Vegas.

You say fighting on a European Fight Night card isn't a gift.

What isn't a gift is fighting on an Asian Fight Night card, I doubt any European or American who has only fought a handful of times relishes going to Japan or Korea.

By the way Seery was on Fight Pass, not the PPVs. So he effectly was watched by the same people who watched Glasgow and will watch Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RhysLK

How reliable is the sun plus presale? Does anyone have any idea how expensive the ticket will be? How much was the last UFC in Dublin last July? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

RhysLK wrote: »
    How reliable is the sun plus presale? Does anyone have any idea how expensive the ticket will be? How much was the last UFC in Dublin last July? Thanks

Good thing you asked, as none of these topics have been covered multiple times, so far!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RhysLK

Saipanne wrote: »
    Good thing you asked, as none of these topics have been covered multiple times, so far!

:)

I take it this is sarcastic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Just realised my mates wedding is on the same day as this so wont be going after all! As is the Rugby World cup semis, selfish bastard!:pac:
    Ireland's semi will be on the sunday. I am gonna go to this then fly to london on the sunday morning!

You say fighting on a European Fight Night card isn't a gift.

What isn't a gift is fighting on an Asian Fight Night card, I doubt any European or American who has only fought a handful of times relishes going to Japan or Korea.
    I'd consider Japan to be on the same level as most european cards tbh. Those cards made up on mostly local fighters too. Some established fighters in the main and and co-main, and after that its mostly asian affair, with a few exception. Korea and Japan and closer are probably closer to the west coast USA than the likes of Poland, Stolkholm and Germany.

They fill asian card with asians. Euro cards with euros.
    By the way Seery was on Fight Pass, not the PPVs. So he effectly was watched by the same people who watched Glasgow and will watch Dublin.
    I'm well aware he was an early fight. I was refer to fighting on a PPV event, ie a numbered event. This is a step up over fighting on undercards in Dublin/London etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Ireland's semi will be on the sunday. I am gonna go to this then fly to london on the sunday morning!

Oi! don't be so presumptuous with an Irish team that is 'fancied' in a sporting tournament, that rarely works out well for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

nocoverart wrote: »
    Oi! don't be so presumptuous with an Irish team that is 'fancied' in a sporting tournament, that rarely works out well for us.
    Ah I know but I have plans in place just in case, If not I will offload the ticket

I'd consider Japan to be on the same level as most european cards tbh. Those cards made up on mostly local fighters too. Some established fighters in the main and and co-main, and after that its mostly asian affair, with a few exception. Korea and Japan and closer are probably closer to the west coast USA than the likes of Poland, Stolkholm and Germany.

They fill asian card with asians. Euro cards with euros.

I'm well aware he was an early fight. I was refer to fighting on a PPV event, ie a numbered event. This is a step up over fighting on undercards in Dublin/London etc.

Reread my messages and decide which discussion you are having...

Christ, stay on topic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

:confused: Seery fought on the 189 card..it was a PPV, the other events were fight nights. He was on fight pass because he was in the prelims but its a big difference to get on a proper PPV card than a fight night. Fighting in Sweden, Dublin and London doesnt even come close to getting on the Las Vegas card for him.

Reread my messages and decide which discussion you are having...

Christ, stay on topic.
    How is that not on topic? It's a direct reply to your post.

Try to keep up.
    Axwell wrote: »
    :confused: Seery fought on the 189 card..it was a PPV, the other events were fight nights.
    Exactly. I'm baffled as to why anyone can't grasp this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Mondzz

Looking at signing up to the $75.00 fight club package for a better chance at tickets. Just wondering if i signed up today would i get access to the pre-sale code straight away or would i need to wait a few weeks until all the t-shirt package and stuff arrives?

You can buy the fightclub with the tickets on the presale day through ticketmaster.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    You can buy the fightclub with the tickets on the presale day through ticketmaster.

Cheers mate, wasn't aware of that. Just would be conscious of the time taken to register for that while the tickets are on sale.

If i registered tonight do you know if i'd have access to my pre sale code instantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Macheetah

Mondzz wrote: »
    Cheers mate, wasn't aware of that. Just would be conscious of the time taken to register for that while the tickets are on sale.

If i registered tonight do you know if i'd have access to my pre sale code instantly?

yes, my code has been there for a few days now.

Yeah you get it as soon as you log in.

Looking at signing up to the $75.00 fight club package for a better chance at tickets. Just wondering if i signed up today would i get access to the pre-sale code straight away or would i need to wait a few weeks until all the t-shirt package and stuff arrives?

After hummin and hawin renewed mine last night code there.

Yeah you get it as soon as you log in.
    After hummin and hawin renewed mine last night code there.

Cheers lads will get it purchased when i get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Out of curiosity, what price range tickets will people be going for?

Personally I will be looking for 2 x €150 tix again

Are the prices confirmed?

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Are the prices confirmed?

€50-175 (excluding VIP prices)

Got 125 last time out and were great but will prob try 75 this time out due to tickets been on sale before payday

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement