Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

mate bought the tickets
    we got the €75 ones
    we're in section J on the floor with Uncles Dana, Frank and Lorenzo

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Can someone post an interactive map?

TM is down for me.

Bought the 125 tickets and am pretty pisst if i could of saved 50e to get 2 rows back. Block J row 38?

Lets hope Vegas next week wont be a mess like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gixer1000

Paully D wrote: »
    They 100% aren't. My codes for Glasgow, Dublin and Vegas are all the same.

Yeah sorry I just saw that now myself, its bad enough not being unique for each member let alone using the same code for multiple events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

gixer1000 wrote: »
    My apologies, I just checked, they are the same. Thats an absolute joke!!!

Why is it a joke?

Each member pays for presale access for that member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

brinty wrote: »
    mate bought the tickets
    we got the €75 ones
    we're in section J on the floor with Uncles Dana, Frank and Lorenzo

75 euro got u on the floor?
    U sure it's not block j in the rafter?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 1630

Have one face value ticket (€75.00 plus booking fee) for sale. PM me for details if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

brinty wrote: »
    mate bought the tickets
    we got the €75 ones
    we're in section J on the floor
    with Uncles Dana, Frank and Lorenzo

You sure you didn't pay €750? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emo19

Can someone please provide the ticketmaster link where I can put in my three plus code I can only get the fight club presale on ticketmaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

but1er wrote: »
    Delighted got 75 euro tickets I'm block k right in front of the cage!

Are you sure about that? Block K is right up in the gods.

UFC-seating.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mondzz

Sat in seats 11,12 in Block A, not sure if it's going to be a decent view with it not being so central, has anyone sat around there before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

That_Guy wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? Block K is right up in the gods.

UFC-seating.jpg

Learned from Invicta and ufc in Vegas! The future the back the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

but1er wrote: »
    Learned from Invicta and ufc in Vegas! The future the back the better

To an extent. It's much better to be looking over the cage but we were right at the back last year and were looking at the screen for 90% if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Yeah I wouldnt share my code but have on numerous times got extra tickets and sold them on for face value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah sorry I just saw that now myself, its bad enough not being unique for each member let alone using the same code for multiple events
    They are unique for each member, but they member has the same code for 12 months. It's makes sense to do it that way, if people want to share them online it's a risk they take.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Why is it a joke?

Because they keep the same code for every event. It should at least be a unique code for every event.

Mellor wrote: »
    They are unique for each member, but they member has the same code for 12 months. It's makes sense to do it that way, if people want to share them online it's a risk they take.

Ah ok , I didnt realise its unique for each member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I got 6 tickets sorted using the fight club code and 2 tickets using the 3 priority code... all €50..

€75 weren't much better so saved my €25 to buy 2 drinks in there.

From experience using the phone is always better, i was getting €150,€75, €125 prices for 3 code as they said €50 and €75 were sold out, went on the phone and straight away got the €50.

even if website says it is sold out always take a chance going through the phone app... has always dug me out of a hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R.F.

Got two tickets @ €175 each

ouch!

They better have great views

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Why is it a joke?

It makes perfect sense from UFC's point of view.if the code was different for every presale then people would have no problem passing them on and UFC would sell less memberships.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

sorry guys
    its the €175 tickets, missed the 1 on my last post

Because they keep the same code for every event. It should at least be a unique code for every event.

What difference does it make? :confused:

Why keep generating a different code for every member for every single event (25 or so) in the year?

yabadabado wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense from UFC's point of view.if the code was different for every presale then people would have no problem passing them on and UFC would sell less memberships.

My point exactly. I just don't get why people are annoyed that they don't use different codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

hey lads got a code which is working from a workmate in three all thats left is 175 tickets, so for those of you in the know what section and row is good if im paying that much may as well get a good seat with decent view

fitzparker wrote: »
    I got 6 tickets sorted using the fight club code and 2 tickets using the 3 priority code... all €50..

€75 weren't much better so saved my €25 to buy 2 drinks in there.

From experience using the phone is always better, i was getting €150,€75, €125 prices for 3 code as they said €50 and €75 were sold out, went on the phone and straight away got the €50.

even if website says it is sold out always take a chance going through the phone app... has always dug me out of a hole!

jesus I couldn't even get one fifty euro ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Seemed very tough to get anything decent for less than 150, but the atmosphere will be great even if you are at the back. I sat at the back in Wembeley arena a few years ago and it was kinda horrible, but I didn't regret going at all. IF you can afford it, I recommend sitting up close at least once, being close enough to avoid looking at a screen when it goes to the ground is a great experience.

It does seem like a rip off, but if it sells out (which it will) then it makes perfect sense in our less than perfect capitalist society.

For anyone in Dublin. There is a 'Mocktagon' set up behind Jervis today, you can go inside and take pics anytime. Or between 5 and 7 tonight you can meet Ais Daly, Pendred, Paddy and Parke there for pictures, chats and free giveaways. Plus there are rumours of more fighters showing up, probably Neil Seery etc...

the UFC are laughing their holes off at us, we will get cards which are further watered down next time.

at this stage we are basically paying for cage contender event with ufc logo slapped on top.

I've been to events in Vegas, Boston and Canada and a card like this wouldn't wet the whistle of the yanks.

It's fair enough, its the current UFC policy, pack a card with hometown guys, slap a ufc banner on it and call it the big leagues. happens in almost every country now except the good old USA. If you want the real deal, save up a few bob for the McGregor fight in January. You'll have a great night in dublin regardless however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

the UFC are laughing their holes off at us, we will get cards which are further watered down next time.

at this stage we are basically paying for cage contender event with ufc logo slapped on top.

I've been to events in Vegas, Boston and Canada and a card like this wouldn't wet the whistle of the yanks.

It's fair enough, its the current UFC policy, pack a card with hometown guys, slap a ufc banner on it and call it the big leagues. happens in almost every country now except the good old USA. If you want the real deal, save up a few bob for the McGregor fight in January. You'll have a great night in dublin regardless however.

'December.'

Also I would recommend anyone on the fence about expensive tickets here check out Expedia for Vegas deals, prices seemed to come down a lot last night. About 670 for four nights at the Luxor or Excalibur, including flights with an option for 1 stop over only. Thursday to Monday.

What difference does it make? :confused:

Why keep generating a different code for every member for every single event (25 or so) in the year?

Yeah sorry, I didnt realise that that the code was unique to each member

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

People said the exact same last year, yet during and afterwards they raved about the event.
    The fight night events in the states are the same at times. The vegas events not so much though obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anyone wanting to gauge the view from their seats could use this.

http://www.ufc.com/fanpic

Not enjoying my view tbh, make shift "floor" seating seems to be a hangout for security.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Not enjoying my view tbh, make shift "floor" seating seems to be a hangout for security.

is there one of these for the MGM grand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

If anyone, at any point in the future, has two.or three 50/75 tickets for sale, please send me a PM and I will take them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mellor wrote: »
    People said the exact same last year, yet during and afterwards they raved about the event.

The fight night events in the states are the same at times. The vegas events not so much though obviously.

I've seen worse Fight Night cards in the US. Much worse in fact.

That is the level of show you are going to get outside the US in general barring a few exceptions. They save the big names and biggest fights for Vegas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hahahaha Tony with his ****ing ace on the fan pic hahahaha!

68c43a5751e820569206c19c26279482.png

I've seen worse Fight Night cards in the US. Much worse in fact.

That is the level of show you are going to get outside the US in general barring a few exceptions. They save the big names and biggest fights for Vegas.

Yeah exactly, people have to remember its a fight night, not a numbered UFC.
    I actually think its a really good card, im looking forward to most of the fights.
    If the atmosphere is half as good as last year it'll be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

I got the 100euro tickets running out the door this morning at 10am. Didn't look to see where they were and I am shocked how far back I am. I am in Block L row 47. 8 Rows from the back. People who got the 50euro tickets, as someone said earlier, they must be watching from the door or something. I got the €175 ones last year and they were unreal, couldn't stretch the budget this year.

I suppose being there is enough but I couldn't believe how bad value for money that was. Ah well.

ps3man wrote: »
    I got the 100euro tickets running out the door this morning at 10am. Didn't look to see where they were and I am shocked how far back I am. I am in Block L row 47. 8 Rows from the back. People who got the 50euro tickets, as someone said earlier, they must be watching from the door or something. I got the €175 ones last year and they were unreal, couldn't stretch the budget this year.

I suppose being there is enough but I couldn't believe how bad value for money that was. Ah well.

Yeah im the same with 100 euro ticket,only im in row 45
    They seem to have the 50, 75, 100, 125 tickets pretty close to each other high up so they can fill the rest with more expensive tickets.

I should have taken the 50 euro tickets i was offered when I first logged into Ticketmaster
    but then I didnt like where they were I refreshed and could only get 100.

I got the expensive ones last year but didnt want to spend as much this time.

The only thing is though, its not like getting the nosebleed tickets in a much bigger venue. The 3Arena is small so even the 50 euro tickets have a decent enough view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I don't think i'd be chuffed with a lad 2 rows behind me paying half what i paid to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

ps3man wrote: »

I assumed when I got my 75e tickets thar I had just got the short straw and got the ones furthest back, but I'm only 1 row behind you! Ridiculous.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I don't think i'd be chuffed with a lad 2 rows behind me paying half what i paid to be honest!

Definitely not happy about that :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Seery vs Delos Reyes added to the card. 1-2 fights left.

I assumed when I got my 75e tickets thar I had just got the short straw and got the ones furthest back, but I'm only 1 row behind you! Ridiculous.

I got 75 as well and am in row 48.

50 i'd say is back row and nothing else.

H row 41 was 75 euro as well though

you'll have a grand view. not worth paying any more than that tbh. the best view is on the telly as you always see dana et al watching the monitors not watching the cage

F U C K IT!!!
    we're all going and thats the main thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BNHammer

I got the €150 tickets myself Block A Row 25! Originally went for the €125 and was in Block H Row 36 which was pants, so said to meself may just pay the extra €25 and get the lower trier seating! All the €50-100 tickets were sold seemingly by 10:30/10:45 few lads had to get the €175 and were the lower yellows block!
    Floors Seating were Platinum Tickets seemingly I heard from a lad who works in the 3Arena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Probably way too late here and haven't been following how sales have gone but I have a three code. If anyone needs it just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Boston - P1 still glanced at screens.
    Glasgow - P2 watched on screens.
    Dublin - P3 will watch on screen but am very pisst I could of saved 75e to look at screen.
    Vegas TUF - meh P5 to P6, will watch screen.
    Vegas 194- Dropping to P4, will watch on screens.

Dublin card you may as well branch out the 175 for the good seats as expenditure won't be as much and its the cheapest you will get for the closet.
    I regret my choice already.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R.F.

Anyone know times of the weigh ins on the Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Block E Row 14.... €175 but fack it anyway!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement