Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Got 3 75 euro tickets in Block N row 49. Pretty horrible seats to be fair but what can you do. Looking forward to the action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I don't think anyone likes their seats. Has anyone posted that they liked their seats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Block E Row 14.... €175 but fack it anyway!

Same G Row 14 !! not too shabby, I reckon Ill be over Duffy's walkout entrance, we'll see !! had better seats row 6 section B last year, same price...luck of the draw ! but who cares !! bring it on.

Will I be the only one shouting for DP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gixer1000

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Same G Row 14 !! not too shabby, I reckon Ill be over Duffy's walkout entrance, we'll see !! had better seats row 6 section B last year, same price...luck of the draw ! but who cares !! bring it on.

Will I be the only one shouting for DP :)

May I ask why you are shouting for DP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R.F.

I don't think anyone likes their seats. Has anyone posted that they liked their seats?

I paid full whack and in block F row 14

They better be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

gixer1000 wrote: »
    May I ask why you are shouting for DP!!

Whatever floats his/her boat I suppose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any chance of a McGregor Q&A on the Friday I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    Any chance of a McGregor Q&A on the Friday I wonder?

I'd be fairly confident he'll be there in some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone know if there's a news letter sale? When will they send a code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 phily0702

Anyone know if there's a news letter sale? When will they send a code?

I have a code from my sun+ subscription that I won't be using if you want it pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

150 +7.10 ticket

Block C Row 31

• Registered Users Posts: 36 madeofbraille

Seen this on twitter...

@UFCGENIUS: 3Arena Dublin houses 9500 seated. Minus cage/media #ufcdublin has 8620 cap.
    5200 are €175
    2120 are €150
    1500 are a mix of €125/€100/€75/€50

Ridiculous that three fifths of the arena is priced at the highest catagory.

I was always happy to spend €175, assuming that price guaranteed the first 10 rows but crazy you could be right at row 20 for €175 and row 21 at €150.

Glasgow definitely had a much wider range of seating options for your money. I think floor was dearest then tiered seating on floor was second dearest. That's catchments of around 600 seats at the dearest price and 500 at second dearest. Dublin's dearest ticket covers over 5000 seats.

Maybe we brought this all on ourselves. It shouldn't be a bad thing but maybe all the irish enthusiasm translates as gullable morons to the UFC and it's a no brainer cash in for what we probably be one of the cheaper events on their calendar.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Isn't the same for all events in Dublin?
    Standard answers are costs of getting over, bringing over equipment, staff etc.
    Getting beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dan_kel

I ended up paying for €75 tickets in Section K and I am in the second back row. I would love to know how many tickets actually sold in the €50 price band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I hope yous are all off to the BAMMA card in September in the 3 Arena as well. Going to be a serious night for MMA in Ireland. Tickets are mad cheap, and it's stacked with Irish fighters. I think SBG alone has 10 or so on the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I hope yous are all off to the BAMMA card in September in the 3 Arena as well. Going to be a serious night for MMA in Ireland. Tickets are mad cheap, and it's stacked with Irish fighters. I think SBG alone has 10 or so on the card.

If you bought the cheapest ticket for it (€20), it works out at less than €1 per fight. Amazing value. Needs to be well supported so they'll come back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

MagicIRL wrote: »

got my tickets ages ago, am bringing my 13yr old son, he cant wait to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

got my tickets ages ago, am bringing my 13yr old son, he cant wait to go

Same here!! Well my lad is nearly 13. And he is buzzing for it. Its his first big live event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Don't know if I can justify the price for the UFC event this year. I always enjoy watching Holohan and Duffy and that heavyweight fight is pretty incredible on paper.

Outside of that, I don't know if I can justify splurging out for it this time out.

BAMMA and Battlezone later in the year will probably get my money instead but I won't fully rule anything out with this event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Another Dublin event i've not bothered getting tickets for, i looked but was only offered 175Euro tickets and for the card that is WAY over priced IMO, just paying for the UFC brand and i will not be another sheep falling for Zuffa's tricks

The same seat i paid 50Euro for at UFC 93 is now 125Euro, make of that what ya will.

Bring on BAMMA, now THAT is value for money :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Just for anyone who is unaware there is a UFC Newsletter pre-sale at 10am tomorrow morning 2 hours before the tickets go on General sale at 12pm and the code has just been released.

Use the code UFCIRELAND

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Does anyone know if there is a limited number of tickets allocated to three.ie for their presale? They only appear to have 175euro tickets left which I don't fancy paying out. Has anyone puchased tickets through the SUN+ membership in the last hour or so. I'm almost tempted to buy it to see if they have cheaper tickets available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sarah88 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a limited number of tickets allocated to three.ie for their presale? They only appear to have 175euro tickets left which I don't fancy paying out. Has anyone puchased tickets through the SUN+ membership in the last hour or so. I'm almost tempted to buy it to see if they have cheaper tickets available.

I wouldn't bother to be honest. I signed up last week (free membership with sky sports) and still never got a code even after chatting with one of their reps online. Just used a friends 3 presale code in the end. Even still, I'd say the sun are working from similar pools of tickets. Given that the majority of tickets are 175, you'll probably only get a similar offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

DK224 wrote: »
    Just for anyone who is unaware there is a UFC Newsletter pre-sale at 10am tomorrow morning 2 hours before the tickets go on General sale at 12pm and the code has just been released.

Use the code UFCIRELAND

Did they email you the code. i signed up for that months ago and never got a thing from them

scudzilla wrote: »
    Another Dublin event i've not bothered getting tickets for, i looked but was only offered 175Euro tickets and for the card that is WAY over priced IMO, just paying for the UFC brand and i will not be another sheep falling for Zuffa's tricks

The same seat i paid 50Euro for at UFC 93 is now 125Euro, make of that what ya will.

Bring on BAMMA, now THAT is value for money :D

UFC 93 was nearly 7 years ago. What IS the same price seven years later?
    If you'd witnessed the amazing atmosphere of the last event, you'd not complain about an extra €25 extra.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the increase? If it was €50 a ticket you'd have alot more casual fans getting tickets with true MMA fans potentially missing out.
    It's all about supply and demand. If Croke Park happens there will be plenty of cheap tickets as the supply will be greater.

If you'd witnessed the amazing atmosphere of the last event, you'd not complain about an extra €25 extra.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the increase? If it was €50 a ticket you'd have alot more casual fans getting tickets with true MMA fans potentially missing out.
    It's all about supply and demand. If Croke Park happens there will be plenty of cheap tickets as the supply will be greater.

75Euro extra, no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Did they email you the code. i signed up for that months ago and never got a thing from them
    Yeah received it via email this morning

scudzilla wrote: »
    75Euro extra, no thanks

I was comparing it to the last event, not the 7 years ago event

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

DK224 wrote: »
    Yeah received it via email this morning

So strange, I never got the code either and actually signed up with a few different addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Deadst4r wrote: »
    So strange, I never got the code either and actually signed up with a few different addresses.
    Spam folders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Connavar wrote: »
    Spam folders?

Nope.

Anyway, as long as someone posts the code here for 194 I won't be too worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

But is the atmosphere really something to pay over the odds for?

I didn't get tickets because I can't go, but I wouldn't have been paying €175 for that card. Not a hope.

If you chose to, fine! But the atmosphere argument doesn't so it for me i'm afraid.

"Hey guys, please pay us €175 so you can all turn up and make noise and therefore your own entertainment".

There's no reason why people couldn't turn up to the BAMMA card this month and make the same amount of noise. It's not going to happen, but if it were guaranteed would you pay €175 for a ticket? I doubt it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Jesus what bull****.

So they're doing true MMA fans a favour by having prices through the roof.

There are far too many 175 tickets and pretty much no 50 and 75 tickets considering the views people have. If the numbers above are correct about there being 5200 175 tickets then it's disgraceful money grabbing.

I realise they can charge what they want when people will pay it and it's smart business but they won't get my money.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Jesus what bull****.

So they're doing true MMA fans a favour by having prices through the roof.

There are far too many 175 tickets and pretty much no 50 and 75 tickets considering the views people have. If the numbers above are correct about there being 5200 175 tickets then it's disgraceful money grabbing.

I realise they can charge what they want when people will pay it and it's smart business but they won't get my money.

If the prices are too high, it won't sell out. Most seats have risen by €25 (17%), considering the interest the sport has generated, I wouldn't say through the roof.

If the prices are too high, it won't sell out. Most seats have risen by €25 (17%), considering the interest the sport has generated, I wouldn't say through the roof.

IMO the prices are too high, sorry, maybe not too high but too few of the cheaper seats, and it will still sell out.

Not a hope they'll be getting my money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

5200 are €175
    2120 are €150
    1500 are a mix of €125/€100/€75/€50

The UFC brand is flavour of the month here at the moment with all the McGregor hype.

Even I didn't think they would sell 5200 tickets at €175 a pop though so they are clearly geniuses at pricing their tickets.

I'd like to see the seat price breakdown from last year and see is there a difference.

Almost 85% of the total tickets are €150+, that's ridiculous imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

makes me thankful I got the 75 euro ones tbh.

I'd eat my fist before I'd give them anymore than 75.

People paying 175 euro for a ticket need their head examined. I'd imagine a lot of the more expensive tickets will be snapped up by lads who jumped on the bandwagon in the last twelve months and don't realise what they are paying for.

Just because someone is fighting under a UFC banner, doesn't necessarily mean you are watching UFC material.

Better luck to anyone with more money than brains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

This topic is boring, its an free market, vote with your wallet. Agree it is a farce the % of tickets at the higher prices. Anyone got a ticket for Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    This topic is boring, its an free market, vote with your wallet. Agree it is a farce the % of tickets at the higher prices. Anyone got a ticket for Sunday?

The issue in this case with the "vote with your wallet" approach, is that it has absolutely no impact, as the demand will usually be high enough to sell out anyway, as a lot of (foolish IMO) people are willing to part with their money for Fight Night tickets at PPV prices.

The issue is perceived interest; the UFC believes they can keep upping the prices due to "growing demand", where the same demographic will keep shelling out for tickets (Male 24-29 on good salaries would cover a lot of it). The problem is that a lot of dedicated MMA fans know the sport too well to justify paying these prices for this card, and while a lot of these are within the demographic I've mentioned, it's putting them off buying a ticket, while the prices will continue to rise due to the events selling out anyway mostly due to people with a good amount of disposable income and little sense of value.

It's a vicious circle if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Guess I'm a fool for buying a ticket, UFC here I will be there if I can and this time I could. I will also be at BAMMA event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

They are fight need prices. The grouping if them is wrong but some if those 175 tickets would be over a grand for a big ppv in america

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

They are fight need prices. The grouping if them is wrong but some if those 175 tickets would be over a grand for a big ppv in america

But this is a fight night (and an average one imo) in dublin, 175 for those seats is a pisstake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

lads make no shakes about it, Dana et al are laughing at you from their ivory towers in Nevada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Most would agree. I think top priced tickets for UFC 99 in Cologne was €250.

Having a price range of €50-175 is grand.

Having a breakdown of about 3% at the lowest price and 60% at the highest is taking the pee.

And how many of the fights we have in Dublin would even make it to the main card of a PPV? I'd say just the co main

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 madeofbraille

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Most would agree. I think top priced tickets for UFC 99 in Cologne was €250.

Having a price range of €50-175 is grand.

Having a breakdown of about 3% at the lowest price and 60% at the highest is taking the pee.

That's the nail on the head, some people can and want to pay for the highest category ticket, but when the scope of the ticket can cover 5000 seats it's a joke.

It will be interesting to see the price breakdown for the 02 event in February.
    Then we'll truly know if UFC think the European fans are idiots or their new policy is to treat them like idiots.

Also to the lad saying vote with your wallet, that is impossible when they demographic is greater than the capacity. If you don't go, you didn't make a statement, as someone else will gladly take your seat.
    It would take an Aviva/Croke event to get the message through to the UFC but i'd still predict both stadiums would sell out with little difficulty even if this same type of price tier was enforced.

The way I look at it, the UFC might not be back for 3/4 years, enjoy it while it lasts, you'll be pining for an Irish show to be announced this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ice30

I paid €175 for my ticket, the card is ok I kno I paid more than I wanted too but feck it! I was so far back last year, five rows frm the back wall in fact, I had to watch all the fights on the big screen,

ice30 wrote: »
    I paid €175 for my ticket, the card is ok I kno I paid more than I wanted too but feck it! I was so far back last year, five rows frm the back wall in fact, I had to watch all the fights on the big screen,

You must have terrible eyesight so, I was 8 rows from the back and could see perfectly fine without the screens. There isn't a bad seat in the O2 but obviously the pricing should have been more spread out this event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    You must have terrible eyesight so, I was 8 rows from the back and could see perfectly fine without the screens. There isn't a bad seat in the O2 but obviously the pricing should have been more spread out this event.

I can't comment either way as I've never been in the seats in the arena (always standing for concerts), but from looking at the fan pic it seems that even if you're at the back row you'd still be able to see grand without using a screen. Apart from those sitting very close to the cage, people generally look at screens when it hits the deck anyway.

Here's my view from there anyway it was good!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement