Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ASOT wrote: »
    Here's my view from there anyway it was good!

This is 8 rows from the back? Thats a great view in fairness. Can you remmber what ection you were in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

John_D80 wrote: »
    This is 8 rows from the back? Thats a great view in fairness. Can you remmber what ection you were in?

Here's a picture completely zoomed out as the other was slightly zoomed In, and here's my exact seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    Here's a picture completely zoomed out as the other was slightly zoomed In, and here's my exact seats.

The way some had described it I was expecting you to have needed a telescope to see the action. That view is canny IMO. That said I much prefer having a top down view for UFC anyway. I'm actually kind of wishing I had gone for those seats now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Thisbis ridiculously late but I have a fight club presale code for 2 tickets if anybody wants it. Rather than waking up tomorrow to the hassle of trying to go through Ticketmaster. PM me if you do

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gixer1000

Carroller wrote: »
    Thisbis ridiculously late but I have a fight club presale code for 2 tickets if anybody wants it. Rather than waking up tomorrow to the hassle of trying to go through Ticketmaster. PM me if you do

The Fight Club presale ended Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I was under the impression you could get them up until general sale. My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

gixer1000 wrote: »
    The Fight Club presale ended Wednesday morning.

It ended Thursday at 10am, you had 24 hours to buy a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    But is the atmosphere really something to pay over the odds for?

I didn't get tickets because I can't go, but I wouldn't have been paying €175 for that card. Not a hope.
    The prices of tickets has nothing to do with the quality of the card.
    It's basic economics. Why should they price them at any value lower than what they can get.
    I doubt anybody does that in their own job.

Look at UFC191 this weekend. Same arena as 189, but it'll do a way smaller gate.
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Even I didn't think they would sell 5200 tickets at €175 a pop though so they are clearly geniuses at pricing their tickets.
    ^ This TBH

Look at UFC 189, does a $7.2m gate. This weekend 191 will do a fraction of that in the same venue. Seats that cost $244 for McGregor are probably $70 for Mighty Mouse.
    Reason being Might Mouses last title defense only did a $700k, they adjust prices to try to just sell out. For reference UFC Dublin (2014) did twice that, $1.4m

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irish150

what a joke 175 pound in this day and age and the state of the economy what about the comman man youd be better craic getting a few lads around and having a few beers and watching it on the box

hard to get dedicated ufc fans tho in this country to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Does this work with a code similar to the fight club presale?

I tried signing up to the newsletter weeks ago but got no response into my email.

Any newsletter codes going? :o

• Advertisement

irish150 wrote: »
    what a joke 175 pound in this day and age and the state of the economy what about the comman man youd be better craic getting a few lads around and having a few beers and watching it on the box

hard to get dedicated ufc fans tho in this country to do that

It'd be far cheaper, but it wouldn't be better in any way, shape or form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Rob01 wrote: »
    Does this work with a code similar to the fight club presale?

I tried signing up to the newsletter weeks ago but got no response into my email.

Any newsletter codes going? :o

UFCIRELAND

10am for the newsletter sale. Use code UFCIRELAND as already posted. Good luck all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

is there a different page on ticketmaster for the newsletter presale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I smell BS. Been on since 10am and it's telling me that there isn't anything left. Not even a single ticket at any price.

fcuking none available at 10.01 :mad:

Did anyone have any luck with the newsletter presale? Out of curiosity I tried a search for two tickets in any section a few times and was told there was nothing available.

It'll be interesting to see what the story with the general sale is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yep same here, nothing available at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Only showed me 175 tickets and cant afford that

• Advertisement

It's €175 tickets I'm looking for, for a friend. Nada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

nothing for me either, I even tried to put in one ticket and it wasn't giving me availability for anything at all, even the 175 (which I wouldn't have paid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I got two 100 euro tickets just now in the newsletter presale.

Had the phone, ipad and laptop going.

Got lucky on the laptop, other two said no tickets left instantly.

i'm willing to pay the 175 and I can't even get one

Take my money

mdwexford wrote: »
    I got two 100 euro tickets just now in the newsletter presale.

Had the phone, ipad and laptop going.

Got lucky on the laptop, other two said no tickets left instantly.

Well done, you were lucky

I didnt get a sniff of a ticket
    And the security anti-bot words you had to enter where the most confusing ive ever seen on a site!

gixer1000 wrote: »
    And the security anti-bot words you had to enter where the most confusing ive ever seen on a site!

They were taking the pish out of me.

"in the doldrums"

"very doubtful"

:mad:

• Advertisement

someone tell all these McGregor fans that he won't be there so I can get a ticket

DrPhilG wrote: »
    They were taking the pish out of me.

"in the doldrums"

"very doubtful"

:mad:

I got "Union Jack" which was a bit funny for an Irish event

a lot of the time its harder to get presale tickets. Good luck in the general sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    a lot of the time its harder to get presale tickets. Good luck in the general sales.

They Prob held some back for the general, but not a lot is say. Will go fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    The prices of tickets has nothing to do with the quality of the card.
    It's basic economics. Why should they price them at any value lower than what they can get.
    I doubt anybody does that in their own job.

Look at UFC191 this weekend. Same arena as 189, but it'll do a way smaller gate.

I know how economics works, trust me.

I wasn't disagreeing with the prices of the tickets. We vote with our wallets.

I was disagreeing with the delusion of saying "Well, the atmosphere will be great".

It seems a sentence designed to delude yourself into thinking you're not paying over the odds for what you're getting.

Just be honest with yourself.

"I bought a ticket for €175. I don't think the card is worth it, but the demand is very high so I had to pay more than what I thought was value".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

i used the UFCSOCIAL code and got mine. 2 €100 tickets.

None available :mad:

went on there to see what the general sale was like, its tough to get tickets had a 100 euro let go a mate was looking for hens teeth 50 or 75.

keep checking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I checked at 12.02 for an single extra for a mate anywhere in the 3Arena and nadda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

Something up there, not a single ticket available on ticketmaster

so frustrating....I guarantee you 80% of people getting tickets don't even know who Miocic or Rothwell are.....or even Duffy for that matter

Just nabbed 2 x €175 for my friend (he's travelling so can't get online).

Good seats too, 7th row of the tiers.

Everything else is wiped out.

Currently telling me that there's not even a single left at any price.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

managed to get 2 @ €175, block D in the presale on the button of 10am, nothing after at all. checked at 12 out of curiousity and got offered 2 more again (block A row 20-something) as it rolled to 1 sec left then nothing after that.

• Advertisement

Thats it folks.
    I dont feel so bad now that I got some 100 euro tickets at least

Are there really 5200 idiots out there!

Anyone else suspect that the UFC have manipulated this sale, the prices, the amounts released in each presale etc with an eye on McGregor vs Duffy?

There's no doubt that McGregor is a bigger star, more well known and higher ranked. But this event will have a bigger gate due to the extortionate pricing structure and will probably sell out faster due to the seemingly tiny number of tickets kept for the general release.

Que the UFC promoting Duffy as having sold out Dublin faster than McGregor and taking a higher gate which will inevitably prompt a backlash from McGrEGOr

Why are they idiots? If I want a ticket and can afford the €175 how does that make me or anyone else an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭mel123

For anything that will sell out, I think its almost impossible to get tickets. For example the amount that will go to corporate/press/complimentary, presales, anyone who has a ticketmaster machine will just print off as much tickets as they can get (I know someone who used to do this because he knew he would sell them), and the list goes on. Theres probably very little available for general sale.

Saw someone on Twitter say a fire alarm went off in work just as he was waiting to buy tickets. The poor bastard.

Wonder how many tickets even got released in general sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If I can afford to go, want to go and I enjoyed the last two events there, I am very much not an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I managed to get 3 x €75 tickets at 10am - in retrospect, very lucky to have done so!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Saw someone on Twitter say a fire alarm went off in work just as he was waiting to buy tickets. The poor bastard.

A real fan would have taken the chance of death by fire...

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement