Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    And that's your choice. I'm sure you didn't build a successful business by wasting money. What is it you do?
    I imagine a lot of people wouldn't spend 175. Especially people only getting into the sport, and a bit unsure. But for long time fans it's not a lot really. Especially if you compare it with the cost of going to a premiere league match for example.
    There's another factor you have to consider, somebody travelling to dublin for this, saying in a hotel etc, with a $75 ticket, probably has to spend more than a guy from dublin in a $175 seat.

But that's the thing isn't it?

This is the equivalent of paying top rate to see a "Premier League" match, Premier League branding etc., but the teams that are actually playing turn out to be Scunthorpe v Accrington Stanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

MrStuffins wrote: »
    But that's the thing isn't it?

This is the equivalent of paying top rate to see a "Premier League" match, Premier League branding etc., but the teams that are actually playing turn out to be Scunthorpe v Accrington Stanley.

It's not top rate prices though, they would be PPV levels which these aren't close to. You're being asked to pay around the standard price for a fight night card.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It's not top rate prices though, they would be PPV levels which these aren't close to. You're being asked to pay around the standard price for a fight night card.

Not necessarily. I went to UFC Berlin, Joanna was defending her belt. Tickets started at €40 IIRC. I got really decent tickets for €70.

Would I have paid more? probably. Would it have been worth it? No. But that's my choice to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

John_D80 wrote: »
    Must be doing well to be able to pay yourself the 100K and beyond that would give you 70k net.

Just out of pure curiousity, how did you manage to run your business last year while completing your first year of your University course?? You must have been really busy!

Its Medicine your studying isnt it?

Doing a graduate degree. Run a small online business which I have had for over ten years. You don't get successful in business blowing money foolishly and without stringent financial management! I was and am incredibly busy, but that's nothing new to me! You make it work if you have to and you are doing what you love!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Not necessarily. I went to UFC Berlin, Joanna was defending her belt. Tickets started at €40 IIRC. I got really decent tickets for €70.

Would I have paid more? probably. Would it have been worth it? No. But that's my choice to make.

That wasn’t the original main event though and the demand wasn’t as high as Dublin. Tickets for Dublin started at 50 and the next tier is 75, which I presume will be decent, so it’s very close to Berlin.

‘Worth’ is an individual thing so I don’t know why you and others are trying to make it appear like they can state it like it is fact. Paying 175 for a ticket mightn’t be worth it to you but for the next person it is.

Either way stating that these are top tier (premier league) pricing is just flat out incorrect, they’re at the lower end of what UFC charge for an event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Doing a graduate degree. Run a small online business which I have had for over ten years. You don't get successful in business blowing money foolishly and without stringent financial management! I was and am incredibly busy, but that's nothing new to me! You make it work if you have to and you are doing what you love!

Well im on the welfare the moneys not great but the hours are fantastic, Can we please get onto Ufc again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well able to find the time to post complete and utter bollocks on here at the same time however.

I'd imagine in time the UFC will introduce European, asian belts etc, to give a little more legitimacy to the mediocre cards they put on in this part of the world. No doubt the Irish punter would lap it up and pay 400€ a ticket to see pendred fight for the UFC welterweight western european title!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Paully D wrote: »
    Well able to find the time to post complete and utter bollocks on here at the same time however.

Not to mention video games and watching Wrestling... Bluffer has been found out.

• Advertisement

Looks like you've been doing that for a few years, with 20,000 posts to your name! have you ever left your basement?have you ever tasted sunlight on your face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

How much to see this fight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Few people getting high and mighty here yet again. As I said, I can't justify paying these prices for this card. I'd be paying for 3 fights that I'm interested in and it's not worth it for me.

However, if you have bought a ticket, you'll have an absolute ball particularly if it's your first time going to a UFC event.

Ok, there's plenty of MMA events around Ireland but the UFC's set up really is quite incredible and a sight to behold.

More power to you if you're going along and the UFC have really been advertising this show around the atmosphere that was created last year. The fights were pretty decent last year but everybody was talking about the atmosphere more than anything.

Personally I find the prices scandalous but that's just me. I'm sure I'll be envious come fight week but I hope anybody here who bought tickets has a great time.

Don't let naysayers make you think twice about buying a ticket for this.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    ‘Worth’ is an individual thing so I don’t know why you and others are trying to make it appear like they can state it like it is fact. Paying 175 for a ticket mightn’t be worth it to you but for the next person it is.

You're right, "worth" in an individual thing.

And I haven't seen one single individual say "This is worth it because the fights are great".

I've seen people talk about the atmosphere and justify over paying here because they normally over pay on nights out in general.

But it's a ticket to watch fights. And nobody yet has said that the value is relative to the fights being presented. In my opinion they are not. At least not worth €175.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Looks like you've been doing that for a few years, with 20,000 posts to your name! have you ever left your basement?have you ever tasted sunlight on your face?

Yeah Paully you utter sadcase with all of your posts. Get a lif....

<----

Bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Still tickets left. Out of my budget though. Why can't I be richer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

You're right, "worth" in an individual thing.

And I haven't seen one single individual say "This is worth it because the fights are great".

I've seen people talk about the atmosphere and justify over paying here because they normally over pay on nights out in general.

But it's a ticket to watch fights. And nobody yet has said that the value is relative to the fights being presented. In my opinion they are not. At least not worth €175.

To give some context from my own opinion on the value of the tickets. I paid c$400 for tickets to UFC 137 (GSP vs Diaz at time of booking, ended up been Diaz vs Penn). That was face value and the seats were lower tier about half way back. Today I paid €175 (c$200) so half the price for better seats but an event about half the standard (Block F).

Would I of liked to grab the €50/€75/€100 tickets? Yes!!! €100-125 was what I really wanted but I am fine with paying the €175 as I think it will be a great event. This co-main event could be a number 2/3 slot on any PPV card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I know it's a bit much to ask but is there any chance we can actually discuss mma instead of how people should spend their money or how many millions we make selling magic beans and Wolf tickets online?
    Stay on topic lads.

Lightweight Dustin Poirier vs. Joseph Duffy
    Heavyweight Stipe Miocic vs. Ben Rothwell
    Welterweight Nicolas Dalby vs. Darren Till
    Flyweight Patrick Holohan vs. Louis Smolka
    Lightweight Norman Parke vs. Reza Madadi
    Lightweight Stevie Ray vs. Mickael Lebout
    Middleweight Scott Askham vs. Krzysztof Jotko
    Welterweight Cathal Pendred vs. Tom Breese
    Middleweight Bubba Bush vs. Garreth McLellan
    W Strawweight Aisling Daly vs. Ericka Almeida
    Flyweight Neil Seery vs. Jon Delos Reyes
    Do you think the current order as per wikipedia will be how it's run?

I'm hoping Seery is further up the list, I know its a recent addition which is probably why it's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Will this be on 3e, like the last time?

Based on the amount you have been posting since the UFC Dublin tickets went on sale, you'd be on course to have well over 600 more posts than me in the same duration that I have been posting on Boards! Must just be a slow week at the "incredibly busy" wheel I suppose, is it? :rolleyes:

To get somewhat back on topic, the best thing about all this however is that despite your comments, you've still given the UFC your money and thus are seen as no different to them than anyone else who has bought a ticket. All your posturing and bluster, yet in the end you have still spread your arse cheeks to the UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Rob01 wrote: »
    Lightweight Dustin Poirier vs. Joseph Duffy
    Heavyweight Stipe Miocic vs. Ben Rothwell
    Welterweight Nicolas Dalby vs. Darren Till
    Flyweight Patrick Holohan vs. Louis Smolka
    Lightweight Norman Parke vs. Reza Madadi
    Lightweight Stevie Ray vs. Mickael Lebout
    Middleweight Scott Askham vs. Krzysztof Jotko
    Welterweight Cathal Pendred vs. Tom Breese
    Middleweight Bubba Bush vs. Garreth McLellan
    W Strawweight Aisling Daly vs. Ericka Almeida
    Flyweight Neil Seery vs. Jon Delos Reyes
    Do you think the current order as per wikipedia will be how it's run?

I'm hoping Seery is further up the list, I know its a recent addition which is probably why it's there.

No way. Seery will be higher and Dalby will be lower for sure. Still one or 2 fights to be added too.

No way. Seery will be higher and Dalby will be lower for sure. Still one or 2 fights to be added too.

Can't see any more fights been added

5 main card, 4 preliminary, 2 fights pass

I know this whole thing is probably on fight pass but 11 fights seems to be the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Rob01 wrote: »
    Can't see any more fights been added

5 main card, 4 preliminary, 2 fights pass

I know this whole thing is probably on fight pass but 11 fights seems to be the norm
    I'm pretty sure its almost always 12 or 13. 6+4+2/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 madeofbraille

I thought it would be a 12 fight event but doors open at 4.45pm.
    I'd imagine first fight has to be 5.30pm as you have to get everyone in the place.

Glasgow's card had 12 fights and started at 3pm.
    That said Glasgow was over for shortly after 9pm.
    Maybe Dublin will let the fight's run to 10.30pm or 11pm?

I still think another fight will be added as they didn't say the card was completed when they announced Seery fight.
    Don't be surprised if that is our lot though...
    Ellenberger v Thompson, Mendes v McGregor, Johnson v Cormier and Fight Night Berlin all had 11 fights.
    Machida v Romero only had 9.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    torontosun.com/2015/09/03/paige-vanzant-slowly-climbing-strawweight-division

PVZ wanted to fight in Dublin.

Cheers UFC.

So the rumours were (at least partly) true about fighters requesting to fight in Dublin, but the UFC has been turning big names away.

No where in that article does it say PVZ wanted to fight in Dublin.

Did you even read it before you posted this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Id love this start at 5 finish at 9, less chance of listen to drunken fools looking for McGregor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I reckon Conor will put in an appearance there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Deffo gonna be in to steal the thunder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got Block D, was on block U last time so will have completely different view. Was well worth the money last time, probably best live event I've been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mdwexford wrote: »
    I reckon Conor will put in an appearance there for sure.

Afaik, The ufc are bringing over a "champion" for photos/meet and greet for the VIP experience. It's obviously gonna be Conor.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Afaik, The ufc are bringing over a "champion" for photos/meet and greet for the VIP experience. It's obviously gonna be Conor.

He's in the country from today or tomorrow until November too, so it's perfect timing really. Hopefully they'll get him in for a Q&A on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BAMMA

If you wanted to goto UFC Dublin but couldn't get tickets, can I suggest you come to BAMMA on Sept 19th instead? With 20 fights and tickets starting from €20 in fact the €35 tickets are the same seats as the UFC €175 ones.

It's going to be a cracking night with Tom DuQuesnoy defending the FW Title against no.1 challenger Brendan Loughnane, Chris Fields, Catherine Costigan, Alan Philpott and full pro supporting card with plenty of Irish talent.

You can goto the BAMMA website for the ticket link or check the BAMMA thread on these boards for more details.

I see Walter Mitty closed his account :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I see Walter Mitty closed his account :pac:

LOL, so he has!! No doubt to return again under another name.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gixer1000

He think he didnt realise, in that article, they changed from talking about Paige to Jimi Manuwa pretty quickly and didnt notice that part of the article was'nt about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

hey chaps i ****ed up presale and missed tickets, anyone selling tickets, I`m obviously willing to pay a bit more but seen lads on adverts and done deal looking for over 200 for seats at very very back so a bit cheeky really.

If I get tickets for Vegas I might have to sell Dub tickets, obviously cost price will post here if I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    If I get tickets for Vegas I might have to sell Dub tickets, obviously cost price will post here if I do.

if they're 50/75 i'll take 'em

If they were scud I'd be defo going. They are 175, block D row 10 or 12

• Advertisement

If they were scud I'd be defo going. They are 175, block D row 10 or 12

count me out then, card's not worth that IMO (i really hate opening that can of worms again), cheers though

Don't start this again, I know everyones feelings on that.

Nah, i only start that when i'm gonna be offline for a while, drop the bomb then leave the place to blow up :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I`d be happy enough to take a ticket of your hands at that price, as i said i ballsed up the pre-sale and 175 is not "that" bad.

P.S fair play for selling at cost considering the demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 phily0702

I got two tickets for 75euro I'm in block kk row 52 will I be needing binoculars for this lads.

phily0702 wrote: »
    I got two tickets for 75euro I'm in block kk row 52 will I be needing binoculars for this lads.

Everyone in the place will be watching the screens, some more than others but even the best seat in the house will need the odd glance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sit ringside and you'll be glancing up at the screen most of the time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 phily0702

Iv never been in the 3 arena so just wasn't sure how high up the seating is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

phily0702 wrote: »
    Iv never been in the 3 arena so just wasn't sure how high up the seating is.

In fairness it's a very well seated arena, very few awful seats. You'll generally get a good view wherever especially with the screen.

It's not at all like going to a gig in the Aviva and being in the nosebleeds if that's what's coming to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Deepest apologies, I skimmed it and saw the quote from Manuwa about requesting Dublin.

Thank you so much for setting me straight by being a condescending bollix.
    gixer1000 wrote: »
    he didnt realise, in that article, they changed from talking about Paige to Jimi Manuwa pretty quickly and didnt notice that part of the article was'nt about her.

Correct. And thank you for pointing that WITHOUT being a condescending bollix.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Deepest apologies, I skimmed it and saw the quote from Manuwa about requesting Dublin.

Thank you so much for setting me straight by being a condescending bollix.

Correct. And thank you for pointing that WITHOUT being a condescending bollix.

I can afford to be condescending when you have made a dick of yourself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement