Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Just over 4 weeks until this event.Anyone have any idea when we can expect to get the tickets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

yabadabado wrote: »
    Just over 4 weeks until this event.Anyone have any idea when we can expect to get the tickets ?

Usually about 2-3 weeks out from the event itself. But Ive got tickets as late as 3 days before for different things from ticketmaster.

No need to sweat it unless you hear of everyone else getting theirs and yours still arent showing up. You can be sure people will be posting here when the tickets start arriving.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Usually about 2-3 weeks out from the event itself. But Ive got tickets as late as 3 days before for different things from ticketmaster.

No need to sweat it unless you hear of everyone else getting theirs and yours still arent showing up. You can be sure people will be posting here when the tickets start arriving.

I'm passing them on to a friend but hope to get them in good time as I'm away for a week or so before the fight. No biggy be just handier if I could have them passed onto him before I head away.

I'm passing them on to a friend but hope to get them in good time as I'm away for a week or so before the fight. No biggy be just handier if I could have them passed onto him before I head away.

You might still be able to change the delivery address if you wanna be sure.

Cheers ,that never crossed my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I'm not sure you can change delivery address on Ticketmaster, I think they always post the tickets to the billing address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Deadst4r wrote: »
    I'm not sure you can change delivery address on Ticketmaster, I think they always post the tickets to the billing address

They post to the address linked to the card that made the purchase.

You can view by going to My account then select relevant event (e.g. UFC) order details if chosen ticket method was postal billing address will be listed this is address tickets are sent.

Cheers folks.Its not the end of the world either way,be just a bit handier for all concerned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Bit of an interview with Smolka here

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/louis-smolka--on-the-cusp
    October 24 will see Smolka go into the “the biggest fight” of his career when he meets another surging flyweight in Paddy Holohan. Smolka knows not to take the Irishman lightly and considers ‘The Hooligan’ to be in a similar situation as himself – a win for either of the fighters could thrust them into the UFC’s flyweight rankings and potentially the title conversation given the dominance of Demetrious Johnson.

“I would place him exactly where I see myself, we’re both fringe contenders,” highlights Smolka. “We’ve both got a bit of hype surrounding us, people are beginning to take notice after we’ve taken a couple of wins and I think we’re both on the cusp of being ranked and being in the conversation for getting big fights and big names.

“We’re right on the brink of breaking through, we’re right there. This is a really dangerous fight for me and it’s an important one too. This is probably the biggest fight of my career. It’s sink or swim time, I’m going to find out if I can actually be a contender or if I’m going to be stuck fighting unranked guys for the foreseeable future.”

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

third row ringside tickets now back on sale @ €175, block U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

amorgan wrote: »
    third row ringside tickets now back on sale @ €175, block U

Dam I paid way more from TM for U just a few weeks back!

jimmii wrote: »
    Dam I paid way more from TM for U just a few weeks back!

Unlucky! I saw those at high prices early on and couldn't justify it! I guess they couldn't sell them and reduced them to sell out properly.

Problem is that now I'm stuck with my original tickets to try and sell! Reckon I can get the face value back though as they're decent. (block D, row 12!)

Unlucky! I saw those at high prices early on and couldn't justify it! I guess they couldn't sell them and reduced them to sell out properly.

Problem is that now I'm stuck with my original tickets to try and sell! Reckon I can get the face value back though as they're decent. (block D, row 12!)

Wouldn't be surprised if they went down further again! Great seats at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I had those seats for the last UFC although was in Row B. Great seats but being face on with the cage, we ended up looking at the screen for a lot of it as you can't get a great view all the time. Looking down into the cage I think is a better view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Watching Barnett v Nelson last night on Fight Pass and they showed a preview for UFC Dublin. Anik was going through the usual promo and then said the main card starts at 5pm eastern. That's 10pm our time.

Only 4 fights listed on the main card as per Wikipedia, so it'll be 10pm-midnight if that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Paully D wrote: »
    Watching Barnett v Nelson last night on Fight Pass and they showed a preview for UFC Dublin. Anik was going through the usual promo and then said the main card starts at 5pm eastern. That's 10pm our time.

Only 4 fights listed on the main card as per Wikipedia, so it'll be 10pm-midnight if that's the case.

I thought the 3 Arena had a 23:00 curfew on it when they re-built it from the old Point Depot?

Main card on UFC.com has it starting at 4pm ET, which is 9pm.

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-dublin-2015

9pm - 11pm is more in line with 3Arena guidelines so he may have just misread that.

I thought the 3 Arena had a 23:00 curfew on it when they re-built it from the old Point Depot?

BAMMA didn't finish up until 11:15pm last weekend. It was 11:30pm before we even started to leave the arena. Might be a different time for Saturday events maybe? I'm not sure. I also thought there was a curfew for around 11pm so was surprised that BAMMA was allowed to run that late.
    Main card on UFC.com has it starting at 4pm ET, which is 9pm.

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-dublin-2015

9pm - 11pm is more in line with 3Arena guidelines so he may have just misread that.

Yeah, that would certainly make more sense. Anik 100% said 5pm eastern though, but it could have been a mistake on his part.

Based on that link it'll be first fight at 5:45pm, main card at 9pm and finished up at 11pm if the above is correct. Ticketmaster has 4:45pm as the time on their website so that'll mean doors open at that time which is in line with the times on that link.

I'm sure we'll know for certain soon anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

BAMMA didn't finish up until 11:15pm last weekend. It was 11:30pm before we even started to leave the arena. Might be a different time for Saturday events maybe? I'm not sure. I also thought there was a curfew for around 11pm so was surprised that BAMMA was allowed to run that late.

Yeah, that would certainly make more sense. Anik 100% said 5pm eastern though, but it could have been a mistake on his part.

Based on that link it'll be first fight at 5:45pm, main card at 9pm and finished up at 11pm if the above is correct. Ticketmaster has 4:45pm as the time on their website so that'll mean doors open at that time which is in line with the times on that link.

I'm sure we'll know for certain soon anyway. :)
    Without doing any research or googling it, there are sometimes discrepancies between eastern time and our time because of Daylight savings. Someone else look it up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Chase3 wrote: »
    Without doing any research or googling it, there are sometimes discrepancies between eastern time and our time because of Daylight savings. Someone else look it up!!

Daylight savings doesn't end until after UFC Dublin. 5 hours ahead

Tickets finally arrived today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Does anybody know if this will be on TV live and what channels?

Looking at some odds for this event, and there's not much separating Paddy and Smolka. The bookies make Smolka a slight favourite (10/11 vs 11/10). How do we think that one will play out? I really enjoyed Smolka's fight with Seery, but I think if Smolka lets Paddy get into similar positions as Neil did, that Paddy will certainly be able to capitalise on them much more. It's a cracking matchup really. We're in for a treat.

Does anyone think Poirier is larger than he should be at 2/1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Looking at some odds for this event, and there's not much separating Paddy and Smolka. The bookies make Smolka a slight favourite (10/11 vs 11/10). How do we think that one will play out? I really enjoyed Smolka's fight with Seery, but I think if Smolka lets Paddy get into similar positions as Neil did, that Paddy will certainly be able to capitalise on them much more. It's a cracking matchup really. We're in for a treat.

Does anyone think Poirier is larger than he should be at 2/1?

Yes Poirier should be at 3/2 or 5/4 as a minimum.

Bookies always favour the home guy but that's a crazy price

I'd lump a few hundred on that as a betting man cos I can't see Duffy winning (hope to be proven wrong)

brinty wrote: »
    Bookies always favour the home guy but that's a crazy price

Don't agree with that. Bookies don't take into account "home advantage".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Mellor wrote: »
    Don't agree with that. Bookies don't take into account "home advantage".

They'll shorten the likes of Duffy and Holohan though as they'll definitely take more money on them as they're home fighters

They'll shorten the likes of Duffy and Holohan though as they'll definitely take more money on them as they're home fighters
    Why would they take more money on them because they are "home"?

They shorten popular fighters no doubt. That applies whether home or away though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

srumball wrote: »
    Does anybody know if this will be on TV live and what channels?

BT Sports & very likely TV3 or 3e.

• Advertisement

Mine too. Wasn't expecting them for another week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Mellor wrote: »
    Why would they take more money on them because they are "home"?

They shorten popular fighters no doubt. That applies whether home or away though.

Because the Irish will back an Irish fighter.

Because the Irish will back an Irish fighter.
    Of course, but they'll back an Irish fighter whether they are fighting in Dublin, in London, in Germany or in Vegas.
    So it doesn't mean they take more bets at home.

Besides Irish bets are a blip on markets overall.

Rory MacDonald is coming over for this with the Tristar lads. I wonder if the UFC will get him in for the Q&A? That would be awesome.

Does anyone know if Bruce Buffer will be announcing?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

Rory MacDonald is coming over for this with the Tristar lads. I wonder if the UFC will get him in for the Q&A? That would be awesome.

Does anyone know if Bruce Buffer will be announcing?

Given the amount of money Irish fans have dumped into the UFC, I will feel cheated if they give us another watered down show with no Bruce Buffer, he announced Berlin, Poland and Scotland so I am sure he will do here too.

ACANDROID wrote: »
    Given the amount of money Irish fans have dumped into the UFC, I will feel cheated if they give us another watered down show with no Bruce Buffer, he announced Berlin, Poland and Scotland so I am sure he will do here too.

I know it's only superficial, but his introductions make such a difference.

The ring announcer last time was cack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I am assuming that there is scope for another fight on the card? I am thinking that if Lobov is eliminated from TUF that he will probably get a fight on the card just because McGregor will be pitching for it.

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    I am assuming that there is scope for another fight on the card? I am thinking that if Lobov is eliminated from TUF that he will probably get a fight on the card just because McGregor will be pitching for it.
    That's actually not a bad shout. Would make sense if that was the fight and it had to be kept quiet due to non-disclosure agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

What's the story with tickets for the weigh inns on the Friday lads?

Still no sign of mine.

Still no sign of mine.

I did get mine in the 3 presale if that makes any difference.

• Advertisement

I did get mine in the 3 presale if that makes any difference.

I bought mine in the fight club pre sale so I would have thought I'd have them now as well.

Nothing here either. I got from regular old TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Mine arrived today... Fight club...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ian Whelan wrote: »

I'd be surprised. It's only four weeks to the fight. Would make sense for Artem to fight on the tuf finale so himself and conor are synced up with their training camps

JR6 wrote: »
    Mine arrived today... Fight club...

Same as that.

i have a question for those who were at the previous events in the 3 arena (i was out of the country, so this is my first one!)

i have two sets of tickets and can't decide which is better and which to sell. one is block D, row 12 (on the side close to block E) and the other is block U, row 3 (fairly central). which would you recommend keeping? i'd guess block D will be better for atmosphere and maybe the tiered seating will assist in a good view? it's hard to not want the ringside ones, but as they're flat seating and the ring is elevated, would that view be obstructed? (the other will be sold on at face value, i didn't buy two sets to scalp before anyone thinks so!) thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Block U is tiered too as that's where the stage usually is in the 3Arena, they're extra seats brought in for this kind of event
    If it were me I'd keep those ones & sell the others as 3rd row should be level with the cage

I was in Row B of Block U last time it was there. It's right next to the prep point which is pretty awesome and you're looking directly on into the cage. We were right next to McGregors family which tells you how they're rated, if it's good enough for them....

Sometimes you'll have to check out the screen if it goes to some areas but even if you're tiered and the fight comes to the near side of the cage you'll need the screen.

Keep the Block U ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Block U is better for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I agree with everyone else, sell me the section U tickets.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement