Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Won't Read Discs

Options
  • 25-06-2015 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

A year or two ago I was playing my 60GB fat PS3 when the game froze. In some mad rush of stupidity I turned it off at the back instead of the standby button at the front and when I turned it back on it wouldn't read discs anymore.

They still appear to be spinning since the icon in the top right of the screen still shows. Now I'm looking to try and get rid of the PS3 and obviously I think it'd be worth far more if I can fix this. I've looked around at different tutorials but haven't worked so I'm hoping I can get a little bit more specific advice since I've never troubleshot a console before.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

You will need to replace the blu ray lens.

What exact model is it?
    CECHA CHECHB or CHECHC?
    Generally they are CHECH03 for UK/Ireland.

If so you will need :
    Blu-ray lens model KEM-400AAA
    Description The original with single lens
    PS3 models CECHA

Buy one here on ebay for under €20
    Try to get the mount/caddy included also as it makes it easier replace.

More info here : http://www.edepot.com/playstation3.html

And tutorial here :
    http://youtu.be/bj5fKi6MulY

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

60GB for FAT PS3 it's CECHC.

KEM-400AAA it's a slide not laser. Laser model is KES-400A single lens (there is an option to adapt dual lens laser but it's much more work). Lasers for under €20 are bad quality. Buy one with warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

This is what the link says and has worked for me. KEM-400AAA is the full unit, laser and slide.

Thanks for the info that the KES has worked for you.

KEM-400AAA The original with single lens (includes mount) CECHA-CECHE
    KES-400AAA Single lens using cheaper parts. CECHG

Advertisement