Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ESB / Gas Meter external wall costs

• 25-06-2015 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Due to extensions work I need to move both my ESB and Gas Meters. They are to be moved from my current house wall onto what'll eventually be just a normal garden type wall. The length of the wall will be 1.5 metres long and approx 1 metre high. The wall will be capped. It'll have red brick on one side and rendered the other side.

The excavation work etc for the pipe work will be already complete so my question concerns just the construction of this wall. I've been quoted €1,066 (VAT included) for materials and labour, does this price sound excessive? I've asked a few people and they think it is so I'm just a bit confused.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Tefral

van_beano wrote: »
    The excavation work etc for the pipe work will be already complete so my question concerns just the construction of this wall. I've been quoted €1,066 .

Materials:
    Concrete 1m3 = €120 (small load)
    Concrete Blocks= (16*0.80)= €12.80
    Mortar= €30
    Capping = €9
    Plaster both sides = €60
    ESB Meter box: €25
    Disposal of Material €30

Total Materials= €286

Labour:
    1 G.O. for a day €200
    1 tradesman for a day €240

Labour total: €440

Misc Plant €50

Total ex VAT €776
    Total incl Vat €950

I didn't include for the Gas box as im nearly sure Bord Gais do those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

cronin_j wrote: »
    Materials:
    Concrete 1m3 = €120 (small load)
    Concrete Blocks= (16*0.80)= €12.80
    Mortar= €30
    Capping = €9
    Plaster both sides = €60
    ESB Meter box: €25
    Disposal of Material €30

Total Materials= €286

Labour:
    1 G.O. for a day €200
    1 tradesman for a day €240

Labour total: €440

Misc Plant €50

Total ex VAT €776
    Total incl Vat €950

I didn't include for the Gas box as im nearly sure Bord Gais do those.

Thanks Cronin for your reply, always good to get a 2nd opinion on this things and that it pretty much adds up to the price I was quoted.

Advertisement