Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 17), Jun 26-27

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

It baffles me how anyone could read Sandford's intentions from that clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

CSF wrote: »
    You can't really see any of Sandford's tackle there because the Harps player is in the way of the camera. Looks like he is going for the ball, doesn't seem to be that high, absolutely entitled to go for it. I'd be screaming at him if he didn't go for it. He doesn't get it.

Nothing compared to the stamping, punching, horror tackles and elbow throwing that has become notorious for Harps players under Horgan.

It doesn't take a genius to work out what happened there, foot into chest. Gallaghers arms can show you the height of the ball.
    I asked in the context of your criticism of mailey last year who I recall you saying "tried to take your players head off". Sandfords foot was high, he could see the keeper coming which was more than could be said for mailey... But nope, your man should go for the ball, mailey was dangerous. Just for the record I dont think it was malicious, but that doesn't mean it wasn't dangerous

And I commented on our own discipline, I'm not happy with it. Id just like people to call a spade a spade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

overshoot wrote: »
    It doesn't take a genius to work out what happened there, foot into chest. Gallaghers arms can show you the height of the ball.
    I asked in the context of your criticism of mailey last year who I recall you saying "tried to take your players head off". Sandfords foot was high, he could see the keeper coming which was more than could be said for mailey... But nope, your man should go for the ball, mailey was dangerous. Just for the record I dont think it was malicious, but that doesn't mean it wasn't dangerous

And I commented on our own discipline, I'm not happy with it. Id just like people to call a spade a spade
    As said by the person above me aswell, you can tell pretty much nothing from that clip, so I don't know where you're getting that level of detail from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I was in clear sight of it from the New Stand and it looked like the keeper made an absolute meal out of nothing.

Advertisement