Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely terrible network speed.

Options
  • 25-06-2015 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

This is what I have to put up with with the Next Generation DSL connection, meant to be up to 20mbps (well less than 2 is till up to 20 I suppose)

4459981187.png

Got a new modem/router a while back since our old one was old, and told that was the problem with the drops, still have daily drops and can't even stream youtube videos without constant buffering. Awful altogether, not to mention I live in Wexford Town and have been assured efibre for over a year now, even though the Eircom website states that Wexford Town is "complete", I can assure you it is not, I live in the town and I do not have access to better internet than this. This is 2015, we are mean to be a big IT country, having households in towns, with less than 2mb bandwidth is atrocious nevermind an upload speed of a quarter of a mb, awful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

White_Wolf wrote: »
    This is what I have to put up with with the Next Generation DSL connection, meant to be up to 20mbps (well less than 2 is till up to 20 I suppose)

4459981187.png

Got a new modem/router a while back since our old one was old, and told that was the problem with the drops, still have daily drops and can't even stream youtube videos without constant buffering. Awful altogether, not to mention I live in Wexford Town and have been assured efibre for over a year now, even though the Eircom website states that Wexford Town is "complete", I can assure you it is not, I live in the town and I do not have access to better internet than this. This is 2015, we are mean to be a big IT country, having households in towns, with less than 2mb bandwidth is atrocious nevermind an upload speed of a quarter of a mb, awful.
    Hi White_Wolf

Very sorry to hear of the slow speeds & connection drops. Please do feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll investigate & check eFibre plans for you.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement