Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Yoshi's Woolly World Day!

Options
  • 26-06-2015 7:14am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just to say,
    We're all counting on you...
    Good luck....

And I can't wait to pick this up this morning, one of the final series of big launches for the format it seems and a gorgeous looking game to boot.
    Smyth's don't let me down!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€39.99 in eshop (with Yoshi Touch and Go on VC as a bonus)

Curious to see what the shops are charging.

Edit: €47.99 in Argos
    €55 in Smyths (€60 with woolly Amiibo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

My son wants this. Looks crap to me. Any reviews when you get it would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    €39.99 in eshop (with Yoshi Touch and Go on VC as a bonus)

Curious to see what the shops are charging.

Edit: €47.99 in Argos
    €55 in Smyths (€60 with woolly Amiibo)

The eshop price is pretty great, and Touch and Go is a launch DS title and a still decent game, so not a bad deal at all.
    I've the Amiibo bundle preordered, hopefully to be collected this morning.
    Might get to play it tonight after work.

Reviews have been pretty good, lots of 9/10, a smattering of 7/10 too.
    But universal is praise for the visuals.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/yoshis-woolly-world

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

galljga1 wrote: »
    My son wants this. Looks crap to me. Any reviews when you get it would be appreciated.

You should buy it for your son, then play it when he's asleep.

Maybe then you'll feel the Nintendo Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just to say,
    We're all counting on you...
    Good luck....

And I can't wait to pick this up this morning, one of the final series of big launches for the format it seems and a gorgeous looking game to boot.
    Smyth's don't let me down!

Huzzah! Delighted! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Would it be unrealistic to walk into Smyths and pick up the Amiibo bundle without pre-ordering?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was just picking mine up just now, I only ordered it before work this morning!
    Check online and see if its still available.
    The staff in Smyths Swords said that they are all gone though, so good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Are there any wooly amiibo left anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just picked up my copy with the Green Yoshi Amiibo. It looks amazing but if I have one slight complaint it is the fact the Green Yoshi comes with the game. I think I'd have prefered the blue one.

Still it looks great and I'll have to hide it on my 3 year old son.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I just picked up my copy with the Green Yoshi Amiibo. It looks amazing but if I have one slight complaint it is the fact the Green Yoshi comes with the game. I think I'd have prefered the blue one.

Still it looks great and I'll have to hide it on my 3 year old son.

Take it out of the box, I guarantee you'll love it and never want to let it go. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Are there any wooly amiibo left anywhere :(

I saw four on the counter in Smyths Jervis Street. They looked like they were for sale because they had a price tag on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I saw four on the counter in Smyths Jervis Street. They looked like they were for sale because they had a price tag on them.
    I rang, all gone :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The reveal of Unravel at E3 pretty much halved my interest in Wooly World. It looks like it's doing much more in terms of new mechanics and playstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The reveal of Unravel at E3 pretty much halved my interest in Wooly World. It looks like it's doing much more in terms of new mechanics and playstyle.

Bit like comparing Little Bit Planet and New Super Mario Bros WiiU though

Well, I can't wait to get home to play the game.
    Only Tearaway and Puppeteer have, for me, come close to matching Nintendo and their natural ability to make damn fine platformers.
    That's probably where the sense of fatigue comes in, where they just seem to be able to make them so well.

I picked up the last Amiibo one in Fonthill. Delighted but condolences to those who missed out.

Can't wait to start playing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 BenHK

Well, I can't wait to get home to play the game.
    Only Tearaway and Puppeteer have, for me, come close to matching Nintendo and their natural ability to make damn fine platformers.
    That's probably where the sense of fatigue comes in, where they just seem to be able to make them so well.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if it was 2005. But in all honesty I just don't think Nintendo make the sort of quality games they used to in the genre and not so much in the "ah well that was a waste of money" way...but in the "well, that's been done before....and better" way. What I mean is they're no longer innovating when it comes to the genre of platformer. In fact the only series I can think of where I'd tip my hat would be Donkey Kong Country and even at that it was made in the United States by Retro and wasn't harmed in anyway whatsoever by David Wise's musical magnificence. I think if anyone is innovating in the genre it's the indies. Braid, Cave Story, Fez, LiMBO, Shovel Knight, Mark of the Ninja, Spelunky...hell, even Ubisoft's Rayman Legends is a masterpiece when sat alongside New Super Mario Bros for example. And it's quite strange too because these used to be Nintendo's bread and butter.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I wasn't going to get this but reviews are very good. Will prob invest over the weekend.

I would suggest people play New Super Mario Bros U and the semi sequel Luigi U, as brilliant constructions, if you want to see good platformers .
    Kirbys Dreamland on the Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2 also on the Wii, Super Mario 3D World, these games are stunning and amongst the best on the market, never mind the system.

Just spent a half hour with Wooly World and it's lovely.
    Very happy with this one.
    The visuals are gorgeous while the play is a mix between Yoshi games we've played before and Kirbys Epic Yarn.
    The Yarn Yoshi Amiibo is beyond cute, remarkable how much work went into this, in an age of no physical media options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

Looks like Argos has a few of these in stock at most stores. But the priciest at 69.99 including 'must have' green knitted amiiboo.
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=428%2F6961

some of the Smyths stores around the country seems to have them too.

sadie9 wrote: »
    Looks like Argos has a few of these in stock at most stores. But the priciest at 69.99 including 'must have' green knitted amiiboo.
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=428%2F6961

some of the Smyths stores around the country seems to have them too.

Smyth's is cheaper, at 59.99 for the Amiibo pack.
    But you could get the game for 39.99 from the eshop and buy the Amiibo if you can find them in the shops.
    I'm just short the blue Yarn Yoshi now.
    I had them all in my hands but walked away... Big eejit that I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Smyth's is cheaper, at 59.99 for the Amiibo pack.
    But you could get the game for 39.99 from the eshop and buy the Amiibo if you can find them in the shops.
    I'm just short the blue Yarn Yoshi now.
    I had them all in my hands but walked away... Big eejit that I am.

Are they really that sought after?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Are they really that sought after?

So it would seem, but it might be a symptom of a small delivery rather than epic demand.
    Still lovely items and a lovely game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So it would seem, but it might be a symptom of a small delivery rather than epic demand.
    Still lovely items and a lovely game though.

I was thinking of rebuying the Wii U to play it, makes a change from the dark serious games.

So swallow an enemy, press down to turn them into a ball and press down directly after. It sounds like Yoshi is saying 'dumb fuk'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Takashi Tezuka doesn't get the praise Miyamoto gets but he's been behind just as many classics as he has and usually works with Miyamoto. Every time you see his name associated with a game it's almost guaranteed Classic status and this just might be another one. He's the man responsible for A Link to the Past after all.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Takashi Tezuka doesn't get the praise Miyamoto gets but he's been behind just as many classics as he has and usually works with Miyamoto. Every time you see his name associated with a game it's almost guaranteed Classic status and this just might be another one. He's the man responsible for A Link to the Past after all.

Holy crap,
    What a CV!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Tezuka

Advertisement