Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notified fees

Options
  • 26-06-2015 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Money was taken by BOI today and it was called a 'notified fee'. I am not disputing that I need to pay fees , but I didn't receive a notification - I get everything online and the last notified statement is from 01/05/2015 and it was only for €5. I checked and that money was taken several weeks ago.

When should I get these notifications? Surely they should come before the money goes out so I can plan around the money. It is a tight enough week for me as I have just paid rent for the money so I am now left with less than €40 until next Thursday. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭kooga

+ 1 here account debited this morning for fees (notified fees) but received no notification from BoI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Lux23 wrote: »
    Money was taken by BOI today and it was called a 'notified fee'. I am not disputing that I need to pay fees , but I didn't receive a notification - I get everything online and the last notified statement is from 01/05/2015 and it was only for €5. I checked and that money was taken several weeks ago.

When should I get these notifications? Surely they should come before the money goes out so I can plan around the money. It is a tight enough week for me as I have just paid rent for the money so I am now left with less than €40 until next Thursday. 
    Hi Lux23 and kooga,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

You will receive a fee notification statement approximately two weeks before the account transaction fees are charged to your current account if the total is more than €12.70. Otherwise the fee advice statement will be included with your next regular account statement.

You should receive a Fee Notification Statement via the method you receive your statements. So when you are signed up for estatements, you can view your Fee Notification online by going to Statements on the left hand menu and then clicking on the Statements and Documents tab.

If you did not receive this statement and your fees were over the amount of €12.70, please send in your query via 365 Online by going to the Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option. A representative can then check your account fees and provide you with your Fee Notification statement. 
    Alternatively you can call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 to query this. 

The dates that fees are deducted from your account are included in our Schedule of Fees and Charges brochure which you can find here

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

OK, that makes sense. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

My fee is regularly over 12.70 and I rarely get a statement

My fee is regularly over 12.70 and I rarely get a statement
    Hi Monkstownhoop, 

Thanks for your post.

If you are not receiving these Notification statements, please contact us on the Online Service Desk on 365 Online as I mentioned above or by calling Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365. A representative will be happy to look into this for you further.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

I had €20 debited from my account for fees (€5 a quarter).  I never got any notifaction.  The fees were going back a year and I was only notified retrospectively when I got my  yearly statment.  sneaky way of doing business.  I rang up BOI and ask why wasnt I notified about these charges before they kicked in? I would have closed my account after the first fiver was taken out.  I was told its not policy to notify indivudal costomers of charges! I asked how was I sposesd to know about the charges?  I was told it was advertised in the branches!  I closed my account the following day and was charged another fiver as it had gone into a new qtr.  Like I said a sneaky way of doing business.

duchalla wrote: »
    I had €20 debited from my account for fees (€5 a quarter).  I never got any notifaction.  The fees were going back a year and I was only notified retrospectively when I got my  yearly statment.  sneaky way of doing business.  I rang up BOI and ask why wasnt I notified about these charges before they kicked in? I would have closed my account after the first fiver was taken out.  I was told its not policy to notify indivudal costomers of charges! I asked how was I sposesd to know about the charges?  I was told it was advertised in the branches!  I closed my account the following day and was charged another fiver as it had gone into a new qtr.  Like I said a sneaky way of doing business.
    Hi duchalla, 

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry you feel this way. We do notify our customers of fees applied, and provide our customers with a schedule of fees and charges when you open an account with us. As previously mentioned, if your fees are above €12.70 you will receive notification before the fees are deducted. 
    We appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback here and we will ensure to pass this on. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

As with so many things it doesn't actually work the way the reps report it here. I get notification of fees every time before they are taken even if they are under €12.70. Last notification I have in front of me now was for €10.80 (May 1st).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Why can I not see a real time list of fees as they are being applied online?  This is again basic stuff, and the team behind 365 Online are either intransigent or incompetent in this regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Red Alert, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie and offering your comments and feedback on this Thread. 

While we currently do not have the facility for our customers to view a list of real time fees and charges, we will certainly pass on your feedback to our Online Development team for future reviews. 

We have a dedicated page here on our website which explains our pricing which may be beneficial to you. 

We hope this helps. 

Thanks once again. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement

notified fees taken this morning and again not notified of the amount, twice in a row now bank of ireland!

i am on paper statements!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Do you have e-statements set up - if so the notified fees go there and you'll get an email to say you have a new e-statement (or something like that) you may confuse this with an expected notification re credit card etc (which I have done).

no i have deliberately kept this account on paper staements for my records.

I am receiving my paper statements and uptill recently i was getting a notified fee statement but this has now ceased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

kooga wrote: »

I am receiving my paper statements and uptill recently i was getting a notified fee statement but this has now ceased.
    Hi kooga,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Once your fees are above €12.70 you should receive notification by post or if registered for E-Statements this will be available to you online.

If you wish to confirm the amount of you fees please contact one of my colleagues in BOI Direct on 0818365365 who will be happy to assist you.

Advisors are available from 8am to Midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Have a good weekend and if there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Helen

Hi kooga,

Once your fees are above €12.70 you should receive notification by post or if registered for E-Statements this will be available to you online.

If you wish to confirm the amount of you fees please contact one of my colleagues in BOI Direct on 0818365365 who will be happy to assist you.

Advisors are available from 8am to Midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Have a good weekend and if there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Helen
    please read my post, rather that issue a standard response

yes i know i pay fees but what is not happening is the notification. you did not notify me in june nor again today.................

Hi kooga,

Helen
    please read my post, rather that issue a standard response

yes i know i pay fees but what is not happening is the notification. you did not notify me in june nor again today.................
    Hi Kooga,

Thanks for your reply. 

To check that the Fee Notification statement is being sent correctly to you, please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and select option 1 followed by the * to speak with a representative. They will be happy to check this for you on your account. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Surely I should receive a notification of any fee, regardless of how low it is?  Simple good practice bookkeeping!

Has any update come back from the development team in response to my query above re: real-time view of fees amounts accumulating?

Red Alert wrote: »
    Surely I should receive a notification of any fee, regardless of how low it is?  Simple good practice bookkeeping!

Has any update come back from the development team in response to my query above re: real-time view of fees amounts accumulating?
    Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for your post here. 

We don't have an update on the real time viewing of fees on your account, however we'll be sure to post here should we receive one. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ash1511

Looks like I’m not the only one who is going through this notified fees trouble. BoI, why was €15 deducted from my business account yesterday? I wasn’t notified about any fees. Moreover as far as I remember, there wasn’t any fees to be charged on this account. Then why? Now please don’t tell me that it’s a quarter fee. Even if it is quarter fee, it should have been €5, then why €15?

i have to laugh fees deducted this morning €24 wasn't notified as usual !

wasn't going to post but saw the above post and had to laugh - everything is set up on banking 365 I get me statements electronically etc etc

Joke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

ash1511 wrote: »
    Looks like I’m not the only one who is going through this notified fees trouble. BoI, why was €15 deducted from my business account yesterday? I wasn’t notified about any fees. Moreover as far as I remember, there wasn’t any fees to be charged on this account. Then why? Now please don’t tell me that it’s a quarter fee. Even if it is quarter fee, it should have been €5, then why €15?

Hi ash1511

Thanks for reaching out to us here with your banking query.

If it's a new business account and is presently exempt from fees we would ask you to give a call to our Business Advisory Team on 0818 200 348 and an Advisor can look further into this and quickly rectify the charge with you. The Team are available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

i have to laugh fees deducted this morning €24 wasn't notified as usual !

wasn't going to post but saw the above post and had to laugh - everything is set up on banking 365 I get me statements electronically etc etc

Joke!

Hi kooga,

Thanks for coming to us here with your fee query.

When you login www.365online.com please select Statements on the left and then the 'Statements and Documents Tab', a recent breakdown of the fees should show here for you. If you need further assistance with viewing the fee statement you can select the Service Desk/ Ask A Question and an Advisor will be happy to help.

We also have some information here you may find useful in reducing the fees and also has a fee calculator you can use.

Please let us know if we can help further,

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement