Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Canal Park - Site development

Options
  • 26-06-2015 9:44am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

I notice two sites being developed at the Cabra end.

Any ideas what they are ? I am assuming one is the new Educate Together school (well I am hoping so)

The other I heard was an Aldi - any truth in the rumour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Park and Ride for Luas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

the luas is nowhere near it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

is one of them this

the map on that page suggests so.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

It would be flipping fantastic if it was a LUAS stop.

I cant see anything on that map except new changing rooms to be built in Tolka Valley Park

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The Luas will stop at Broombridge and there aren't P+Rs planned.

From your description, it looks like it's the development of Royal Canal Park that you saw.

Have a look at the site layout map of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The new Educate Together is moving from Grangegorman up to the new DIT Campus

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

John Mason wrote: »
    I notice two sites being developed at the Cabra end.

Any ideas what they are ? I am assuming one is the new Educate Together school (well I am hoping so)

The other I heard was an Aldi - any truth in the rumour?

Show me where they are on a map and I'll tell you exactly what's getting built.

The new Educate Together is moving from Grangegorman up to the new DIT Campus

there is a new ETNS being built in pelletstown opening Sept 2015. the boy is enrolled

http://www.educatetogether.ie/pelletstown

i cant open the map right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

That sep 2015 'opening' will be at some temporary site

uli84 wrote: »
    That sep 2015 'opening' will be at some temporary site

the temp site is on the actual site in prefabs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Currently 3 projects underway in Pelletstown, that i can see.
    1. Unit 3, Meridian Court, Royal Canal Park, Pelletstown - Fitout of restaurant/ take away, external works & signage along with associated site works.
    2. Royal Canal Park, Ratoath Road, Pelletstown- Phase 1 - The development will consist of 40 houses at Royal Canal Park, Ratoath Road, Pelletstown, Dublin 15.
    3. Royal Canal Park, Ratoath Road, Pelletstown- Phase 1a - The development will consist of 1 house at Royal Canal Park, Ratoath Road, Pelletstown, Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

So has anyone bought here? How is progress going on contracts, snag lists etc?

We're seriously considering one of the houses remaining in phase 1 or maybe one of the houses in phase 2.

Very interested in garnering others thoughts and feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi

Have looked at these houses and they look to be of very good build quality, the interior is lovely and the BER is very good. Prices seem reasonable for the location . I have smallish children and would have a concern about them living in a dense area so close to water, but then again it not like you can really let them outside unsupervised anywhere else in D7 unless you have a decent back garden . I took a walk up there the other day and noticed a well known Dublin "Diner" (no not not ERsnI wish)...Chipper is going to open soon. I would not mind so much but it has a very tacky signage . Just wondering if anyone has bought here or is thinking about it , and tips or advice on the area

Thanks

Advertisement