Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 cars impounded?

• 26-06-2015 10:26am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heard a rumour that about 100 people were left stranded on the side of the road when guards impounded their cars mainly for tax offences last Wed in the Castletroy area. Just wondering if anybody knows anything more about this?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I would highly doubt they could impound they many cars at one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

This is from Tuesday, could this be what you are referring to?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153159475663001.1073742358.167613868000&type=3

Limerick Division Traffic Corps led a large scale multi-agency checkpoint on the M7 at Gooig, Castleconnell between 10am and 14.30 on the 23rd June.

During the checkpoint, approximately 2,200 vehicles were processed during the three and a half hours of the checkpoint, with feedback from the public being very positive.

They received assistance from the Regional Support Unit (RSU), the Dog Unit and Revenue.

Two arrests were made at the checkpoint, one for driving while disqualified and the other for an outstanding warrant.

There were approximately 25 Fixed Charged Penalty Notice (FCPNs) issued, and 12 vehicles were seized for no tax/insurance/NCT.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ya that's it, didn't realize it was on the motorway though. Would that not be a bit dangerous?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I was passing just as it was being set up, thank god I didnt get stuck in that mess!

Advertisement