Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

customers friendly perume shop in Dublin?

Options
  • 26-06-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I bought nice cheap perfume some time ago (not in Lidl ;-). I love it. I presume it is copy of some designer scent and I wonder if I can find original. So I need some customer friendly shop where I can ask someone competent to match it? Any advice? I tried once help from airport perfumery and they were very helpful but I am not flying anywhere soon.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

HAve tried any of the online fragrance libraries? You might try http://www.fragrantica.com/ they have a pretty comprehensive database and if your perfume is on there it will recommend similar options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

HAve tried any of the online fragrance libraries? You might try http://www.fragrantica.com/ they have a pretty comprehensive database and if your perfume is on there it will recommend similar options.

That's the point. It may be absolutely useless search for someone like me. But if I find someone helpful and competent I can get correct fragrance, smell it and buy it straight away (if happy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

zom wrote: »
    That's the point. It may be absolutely useless search for someone like me. But if I find someone helpful and competent I can get correct fragrance, smell it and buy it straight away (if happy).

Do you know the name of the fragrance you bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Boots in Blanch were great when my old prefume was discontinued and i wanted something that smelt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

If you know the name of the fragrance you bought people will be able to tell you similar perfumes. Otherwise would you be able to pick out some of the notes your smelling in the perfume and tell us then we might be able to tell you. The problem with bringing it to a perfume shop is the staff are just shop assistants and many of them are not trained in picking out the notes in perfumes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Parfummarija in Westbury mall, the lady who runs it is a perfumier, and will maybe be able to identify the top middle and base notes for you? Then you can use fragantica to help you identify it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

There's a super helpful girl in the Perfume Shop in Stephens Green with red hair and glasses - she was very patient with me last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mozies

If I were you I'd pop into a local Boots and spray the perfumes on the strips and try and match it yourself. Normally your left in peace to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Perfume Shop in Stephens Green was a great help, I could recommend it for future if anyone needs that. I also got information about recent reformulation I was not aware.

Advertisement