Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking: Terror attack on French gas factory, several casualties

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Thanks. Nutters like the white lad who tried to hack off a Sikh chaps head in retaliation for the Lee Rigby murder. He was a fan of the ISIS. I note that you ignore the rest of my post. Good man.

Sorry... I think I may not have got this one. The guy who tried to hack off the head of a Sikh in revenge for the Lee Rigby murder was a fan of ISIS???????

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Well at least Gaddaffi, mad and all as he was, was able to provide some semblance of a normally functioning state that provided the basic infrastructure and services people needed. No room for democracy, true, but if someone was prepared to tow the official line and not rock the boat shouting their mout off they'd probably enjoy a reasonable enough lifestyle.

Now it is just pure and utter bedlam with little central control of anything.

Yep. What people don't seem to understand is that life under Ghadaffi was quite pleasant. Free petrol, free medical and dental, free education, free water, 10 grand gift to newlyweds to buy a house.

Now it's headed towards a Taliban-esque nightmare but people will still try and convince themselves that Libyans who are now living in filth, squalor and terror are so much happier and better off.

mg1982 wrote: »
    From the looks of it, trying to get rid off saddam hussein gadaffi and assad is a major mistake. Even though they were brutal dictators at least they kept a lid on sectarian tensions and were quite secular. Pandoras box has being opened and its going to be very hard to shut it now.

Not only that but they were warned before they attempted all three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Egginacup wrote: »
    Yep. What people don't seem to understand is that life under Ghadaffi was quite pleasant. Free petrol, free medical and dental, free education, free water, 10 grand gift to newlyweds to buy a house.

Now it's headed towards a Taliban-esque nightmare but people will still try and convince themselves that Libyans who are now living in filth, squalor and terror are so much happier and better off.

Remembering Hilary Clinton's "We came, we saw, he died!"? This nutter could be the president soon enough.

seanaway wrote: »
    We may have our diefferences egg but on this I totally agree with you. Never let them change you or your freedoms. That's why they are called terrorists.

Once you feel the terror and change your life --- they win. They don't have to kill you -- just make you afraid.

Well if you didn't fuck with them in the first place none of this would even be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Tunisia attack on Sousse beach 'kills 37'

Man decapitated in French attack

Kuwait Shia mosque blast death toll 'rises to 25'

Islamic State 'kills 120 civilians' in Kobane

Good thing it's the religion of peace, can you imagine what things would be like if it inspired violent behaviour?

Unless you opposed him...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

http://www.thelocal.es/20150413/more-than-6000-have-left-europe-for-isis-jihad-eu

Some craic when these lads start to come home. 30-40 are Irish based.

Natural selection will hopefully take care of them. Be surprised if more than 10 washed up here, those that do will be under surveillance. Not the first time we've had to keep an eye on a handful of moron terrorists. It'll be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Pick one to oppose.

1. Saddam
    2. Ghaddafi
    3. Your friendly local ISIS commander.

Right now number three looks like the worst option.

• Advertisement

Well if you didn't fuck with them in the first place none of this would even be an issue.

Alas it would....your comment is akin to saying if Hitler had been left alone...or Stalin...or Napoleon....etc... they wouldn't have bothered anyone else.

I take it from you rather naive view of the world you have never been in a place where internecine strife and hatred of the unknown other have caused untold misery and death.

And if you have lived in Ireland long enough to remember the bigotry of the North...then you should draw on that experience and reflect on what it has done and still does to people.

Leaving people alone? Yes.

Leaving people alone who have hatred of anything they disagree with and make others of other persuasions pay for that?

NO!

Believe it or not...there are people out there who to behave this way. Left alone or otherwise, they will find a 'reason' to do what they do...

Therefore it is better not to leave them alone to carry on with cold blooded indifference to their fellow humans.

Pick one to oppose.

1. Saddam
    2. Ghaddafi

Why oppose just one???

Kinda like Thailand then

Alas it would....your comment is akin to saying if Hitler had been left alone...or Stalin...or Napoleon....etc... they wouldn't have bothered anyone else.

I take it from you rather naive view of the world you have never been in a place where internecine strife and hatred of the unknown other have caused untold misery and death.

And if you have lived in Ireland long enough to remember the bigotry of the North...then you should draw on that experience and reflect on what it has done and still does to people.

Leaving people alone? Yes.

Leaving people alone who have hatred of anything they disagree with and make others of other persuasions pay for that?

NO!

Believe it or not...there are people out there who to behave this way. Left alone or otherwise, they will find a 'reason' to do what they do...

Therefore it is better not to leave them alone to carry on with cold blooded indifference to their fellow humans.

Your statement is absolutely inane. My statement would, if you want to bring in the usual, worn out, Hitler reference, be akin to saying that if Hitler had left the Poles, French, Slavs alone, he would not have faced guerilla resistance from rebels and partisans.
    There was no IRA before the British created the conditions for one. Likewise the French Resistance, Viet Cong, Pathet Lao, Hisbollah, Mau Mau, etc.

For you to come out with what you just wrote is an embarrassment.

fr336 wrote: »
    Remembering Hilary Clinton's "We came, we saw, he died!"? This nutter could be the president soon enough.

Indeed. This lady chortled that merry little quip after Ghadaffi was murdered by a NATO facilitated mob who pushed an 8 inch bayonet into his rectum up to the hilt.

Charming, isn't she.

• Site Banned Posts: 10 ismamoh

Irish Islamic community silently condoning what happened.

1. Do they condemn what happened?
    2. Do they condemn terrorist organisations like ISIS/ISIL/IS/etc.?

If they don't hurry up and make a timely and united statement, planning permission for their super-mosque in Balgriffin should be revoked.

• Advertisement

ismamoh wrote: »

If they don't hurry up and make a timely and united statement, planning permission for their super-mosque in Balgriffin should be revoked.

Yes all of them condone it. Round them up and throw them out. Cough 1930s Germany cough

Yes all of them condone it. Round them up and throw them out. Cough 1930s Germany cough

If ethnomasochism floats your boat, then best of luck with everything. How many churches are there in Saudi Arabia? How many Irish taxi drivers work in Abuja while simultaneously being entitled to State benefits?

Go on to Twitter and look for an islamic leader to speak out against what happened today.

Muslim leaders who say nothing are silently condoning the deaths. It really is that simple. The followers of these so-called leaders aren't as morally culpable, but they're still very much terrorist supporters.

From what I've seen, Irish muslim leaders are more concerned with reminding their members that ramadan is still in force.

Go on to Twitter and look for an islamic leader to speak out against what happened today.

Muslims who say nothing are silently condoning the deaths.

Irish muslim leaders are more concerned with reminding their members that ramadan is still in force.

Do Muslims not have lives of their own? Not everyone is online and watching the news etc.

If ethnomasochism floats your boat, then best of luck with everything. How many churches are there in Saudi Arabia? How many Irish taxi drivers work in Abuja while simultaneously being entitled to State benefits?

And what does that have to do with Muslims living in Ireland and elsewhere? Picking targets at random to blow up or hurl abuse at is as bad as the indiscrimatory terrorists.

And what does that have to do with Muslims living in Ireland and elsewhere? Picking targets at random to blow up or hurl abuse at is as bad as the indiscrimatory terrorists.

That's right, demanding that islamic leaders (who avail of all the benefits of Irish society) condone a few deaths is akin to terrorism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Why do you silently condone what Dylan Roof did in the US?

Nodin wrote: »
    Why do you silently condone what Dylan Roof did in the US?

Domestic lone wolf terrorists in the US are not something that Ireland has much of a role in (apart from offering our thoughts, prayers and support). I condemn what Roof did. Let's make no mistake about it.

Speaking of which, do you condemn today's killing of an Irish citizen?

Look, if Irish religion of peace leaders choose to say nothing, that's their free will decision. Because they live in a free country, they are free to exercise their beliefs, words and actions. Just don't expect anyone to give you a job, invite you into your home, want to live near you or invite you to a social occasion.

Domestic lone wolf terrorists in the US are not something that Ireland has much of a role in (apart from offering our thoughts, prayers and support). I condemn what Roof did. Let's make no mistake about it..

We, I presume you're white and he was white, so it makes as much sense for you to have to condemn as Irish muslims condemn this lot.

We, I presume you're white and he was white, so it makes as much sense for you to have to condemn as Irish muslims condemn this lot.

I'll take that as a no.

I'm done here. Best of luck destroying your inherited culture and passing it over to terrorist supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ah sure Nodin usually turns up in these isis threads to defend the un-defendable, he'll pick some random act by some right wing Christian group or individual in the US to prove that we Christians are all just as mad as these Isis fellows!

I'll take that as a no.

I'm done here. Best of luck destroying your inherited culture and passing it over to terrorist supporters.

....whatever the jaysus that means.

Ah sure Nodin usually turns up in these isis threads to defend the un-defendable, he'll pick some random act by some right wing Christian group or individual in the US to prove that we Christians are all just as mad as these Isis fellows!

I wonder why he hates his inherited culture, won't defend it and actually wants to just hand everything over to terrorist condoners? Why does he feel he has no stake in Irish society (and Western culture in general)? Often, there's a gripping self hate (mixed in with unhealthy amounts of London Guardian reading) underlying the ethnomasochism.

I will? Ye have me confused with somebody else there. I just make the utterly insane point that not all muslims are the same and they aren't collectively responsible for the headers and scum amongst them.

I wonder why he hates his inherited culture? Often, there's a gripping self hate (mixed in with unhealthy amounts of London Guardian reading) underlying the ethnomasochism.

Have yez finally worn the arse out of "indigenous"?

Have yez finally worn the arse out of "indigenous"?

All we're asking that you condemn terrorism and condemn the killing of an Irish citizen.

Instead, you're busy trying to portray your puzzled critics as racists. That and denying that culture exists at all and that no culture is worth striving to preserve nor contribute further to.

Good night and good luck.

• Advertisement

All we're asking that you condemn terrorism and condemn the killing of an Irish citizen.

Instead, you're busy trying to portray your puzzled critics as racists. That and denying that culture exists at all and that no culture is worth striving to preserve nor contribute further to.

Good night and good luck.

You must be confusing me with the Nodin that exists in your space/time continuum. Or you're just confused.

You must be confusing me with the Nodin that exists in your space/time continuum. Or you're just confused.

Great. We should suppress what we believe in, suppress our ideals and abandon the idea of the Irish State so that newly-arrived terrorists and terrorist condoners can take over with their architecture for the future, their beliefs, their actions and their religion. We (all Irish citizens) should stay silent.

Stay silent then.

I suppose you'll be buying (and serving up) the champagne too? Remember that according to the religion of peace, servants shouldn't speak or make eye contact.

Great. We should suppress what we believe in so terrorists and terrorist condoners can take over with their architecture for the future, their beliefs, their actions and their religion.

I suppose you'll be buying (and serving up) the champagne too?

....I'd say you've had all the champagne that was going, tbh.

....I'd say you've had all the champagne that was going, tbh.

Still no condemnation then? (The Irish islamic Twitter space is even more silent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Indeed. This lady chortled that merry little quip after Ghadaffi was murdered by a NATO facilitated mob who pushed an 8 inch bayonet into his rectum up to the hilt.

Charming, isn't she.

Yes she is - and funny too.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Yes she is - and funny too.

Guess you live in a cave then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

The religion of peace strikes again
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP21oFlVDu0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

I shuddered when I heard a decapitated body was found. Imagine the twisted fcukers that do such a thing.

Muslims are proportinally more psycho that Christians. That can't be denied by the liberal hippies.

Christian states/countries have problems. But Islamic states are archaic and full of nuts. The only bloody normal Muslims I know come from countries that are predominantly Christian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

The religion of peace strikes again

This line has been said approx one billion times in this thread alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Muslims are proportinally more psycho that Christians. That can't be denied by the liberal hippies.

I think there was a scientific study in the Journal of Scientific Studies of Science that confirmed exactly that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

I shuddered when I heard a decapitated body was found. Imagine the twisted fcukers that do such a thing.

Christian states/countries have problems. But Islamic states are archaic and full of nuts. The only bloody normal Muslims I know come from countries that are predominantly Christian.

BS

BS

Care to expand?

Have you ever been to the Middle East? I worked there for a total of 2 years on and off (Saudi, Iran, UAE). There culture/society is (in my opinion) horrible and of the middle ages).

Maddest christian country I worked in was Mexico. A lot of crime in the poorer areas. Gang land stuff. They don't kid themselves in thinking they are justified because its for Allah/God.

But sure call BS on my opinions based on observation. Sure call me a racist. I don't care. All I know is I could not bring my family to live with me in the Middle East. Hell on Earth.

That's right, demanding that islamic leaders (who avail of all the benefits of Irish society) condone a few deaths is akin to terrorism.

No...the very fact that you demand that Muslims condemn the crimes of others is, quite frankly a bit hypocritical. As if it has anything to do with them.

If a Traveller wedding got out of hand and a big brawl ensued would you stand on your soap box and insist that the local peaceful knacker family ought to come out and condemn it? As if it's their remit?

If a black man kills 5 people in Alabama, are you going to demand that all brown folk should drop everything and condemn his actions?

What about a fucking white man who wastes 9 people in a church in South Carolina? Are you going to demand every white person stand up and condemn that?

Why do you insist that Muslims are obligated to condemn killings? Why are they the ones who have to band together and apologise for crimes?

Why aren't you howling for everyone in the South of the US to denounce and condemn that lunatic, Dylan Roof?

Now in order to silence the bottom-feeders who will take nothing from this analysis other than to screech "See.....he hates freedom. Israel is to blame according to this tinfoiler America hater. Let's give terrorists a hug" and all the usual weak dross, I would say get lost. The fact that i have to even mention this is anathema.

Why do Muslims have to condemn this?

When the IRA blew the bollocks out of Warrington, Manchester, Canary Wharf, Guildford, etc. there was understandably anti-paddy hatred. I felt the brunt of it in a shop one time in Walthamstow. But I don't recall any crap from anyone demanding that all "Micks" should come out and condemn this activity. Yet people think that the onus is on Fatima from Islamabad or Rahid from Cairo or Moustaffa from Casablanca to all of a sudden drop everything and scream "We're so sorry. We must rein in our wayward, nutcase ragheads"

And to even entertain this thought displays a nauseating level of self-righteous racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Care to expand?

Have you ever been to the Middle East? I worked there for a total of 2 years on and off (Saudi, Iran, UAE). There culture/society is (in my opinion) horrible and of the middle ages).

Maddest christian country I worked in was Mexico. A lot of crime in the poorer areas. Gang land stuff. They don't kid themselves in thinking they are justified because its for Allah/God.

But sure call BS on my opinions based on observation. Sure call me a racist. I don't care. All I know is I could not bring my family to live with me in the Middle East. Hell on Earth.
    Nor would anybody who calls you racist for saying so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Charming, isn't she.
    Whereas Ghadaffi was just human kindness personified.

Care to expand?

Why did a chopped-off head shock you more than a death by stoning for an adulteress, an amputation for a thief or the execution of a homosexual that is au fait in Saudi Arabia?

I've been to Isfahan and Kish in Iran....granted Kish is a little getaway, but I don't remember anybody in Iran living in the "Middle Ages".

There were businessmen, beautiful avenues, tea houses, young punks in their smooth threads attempting to flirt with the lovely and shy girls (very similar to Rome or anywhere else).

You lived in a country outside of your own little mind? Really?
    I worked with a retard in New York one time and he claimed to have lived "abroad" and "knew the world". This tit spent 6 months as some radio fool in Kuwait. His other excursion "abroad" was a piss-up with equal morons in Negril.

So you think it's all "Hell on Earth"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Pick one to oppose.

1. Saddam
    2. Ghaddafi

This is true but the blow back is affecting the parts of Europe most opposed to American adventurism. The Christian zionists are safe enough in their flee ridden Texas hovels while France and Europe suffers.

Why did a chopped-off head shock you more than a death by stoning for an adulteress, an amputation for a thief or the execution of a homosexual that is au fait in Saudi Arabia?

I've been to Isfahan and Kish in Iran....granted Kish is a little getaway, but I don't remember anybody in Iran living in the "Middle Ages".

There were businessmen, beautiful avenues, tea houses, young punks in their smooth threads attempting to flirt with the lovely and shy girls (very similar to Rome or anywhere else).

You lived in a country outside of your own little mind? Really?
    I worked with a retard in New York one time and he claimed to have lived "abroad" and "knew the world". This tit spent 6 months as some radio fool in Kuwait. His other excursion "abroad" was a piss-up with equal morons in Negril.

So you think it's all "Hell on Earth"?

Where did I say the decapitation shocked me more than the others??! I shuddered at the news. It's barbaric.

Your assertion that I have a little mind has put me off giving you a reply to the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

No...the very fact that you demand that Muslims condemn the crimes of others is, quite frankly a bit hypocritical. As if it has anything to do with them.

If a Traveller wedding got out of hand and a big brawl ensued would you stand on your soap box and insist that the local peaceful knacker family ought to come out and condemn it? As if it's their remit?

If a black man kills 5 people in Alabama, are you going to demand that all brown folk should drop everything and condemn his actions?

What about a fucking white man who wastes 9 people in a church in South Carolina? Are you going to demand every white person stand up and condemn that?

Why do you insist that Muslims are obligated to condemn killings? Why are they the ones who have to band together and apologise for crimes?

Why aren't you howling for everyone in the South of the US to denounce and condemn that lunatic, Dylan Roof?

Now in order to silence the bottom-feeders who will take nothing from this analysis other than to screech "See.....he hates freedom. Israel is to blame according to this tinfoiler America hater. Let's give terrorists a hug" and all the usual weak dross, I would say get lost. The fact that i have to even mention this is anathema.

Why do Muslims have to condemn this?

When the IRA blew the bollocks out of Warrington, Manchester, Canary Wharf, Guildford, etc. there was understandably anti-paddy hatred. I felt the brunt of it in a shop one time in Walthamstow. But I don't recall any crap from anyone demanding that all "Micks" should come out and condemn this activity. Yet people think that the onus is on Fatima from Islamabad or Rahid from Cairo or Moustaffa from Casablanca to all of a sudden drop everything and scream "We're so sorry. We must rein in our wayward, nutcase ragheads"

And to even entertain this thought displays a nauseating level of self-righteous racism.

Every IRA atrocity was in fact condemned by senior Irish Catholic politicians north and South -- to the extent that it became a bit formulaic. But the Taoiseach of the day never did not condemn every atrocity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement