Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking: Terror attack on French gas factory, several casualties

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Fcuk this condemning sh1t. It's populace cr@p.

Oh oh you have to release a statement condemning the atrocity. Otherwise you're one of them! It's just done for sound bites on the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Egginacup wrote: »
    No...the very fact that you demand that Muslims condemn the crimes of others is, quite frankly a bit hypocritical. As if it has anything to do with them.

If a Traveller wedding got out of hand and a big brawl ensued would you stand on your soap box and insist that the local peaceful knacker family ought to come out and condemn it? As if it's their remit?

If a black man kills 5 people in Alabama, are you going to demand that all brown folk should drop everything and condemn his actions?

What about a fucking white man who wastes 9 people in a church in South Carolina? Are you going to demand every white person stand up and condemn that?

Why do you insist that Muslims are obligated to condemn killings? Why are they the ones who have to band together and apologise for crimes?

Why aren't you howling for everyone in the South of the US to denounce and condemn that lunatic, Dylan Roof?

Now in order to silence the bottom-feeders who will take nothing from this analysis other than to screech "See.....he hates freedom. Israel is to blame according to this tinfoiler America hater. Let's give terrorists a hug" and all the usual weak dross, I would say get lost. The fact that i have to even mention this is anathema.

Why do Muslims have to condemn this?

When the IRA blew the bollocks out of Warrington, Manchester, Canary Wharf, Guildford, etc. there was understandably anti-paddy hatred. I felt the brunt of it in a shop one time in Walthamstow. But I don't recall any crap from anyone demanding that all "Micks" should come out and condemn this activity. Yet people think that the onus is on Fatima from Islamabad or Rahid from Cairo or Moustaffa from Casablanca to all of a sudden drop everything and scream "We're so sorry. We must rein in our wayward, nutcase ragheads"

And to even entertain this thought displays a nauseating level of self-righteous racism.
    eggo, using your analogy please show the amount of change that has been foistered on the muslim community since they killed many more than the lad in carolina.He kills 9 and the confederate flag is practically banned across the USA,after 37 innocents slaughtered in Tunisia,what changes can we expect from muslims?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Every IRA atrocity was in fact condemned by senior Irish Catholic politicians north and South -- to the extent that it became a bit formulaic. But the Taoiseach of the day never did not condemn every atrocity.

What's your point?

Because what I elucidated was that nobody squealed "All Irish people need to stand and condemn this bombing" .... yet I read from people on here insisting "that all Muslims NEED to condemn these killings"

So if you can educate me as to what you were trying to say.....I'd love to hear your angle.

No...the very fact that you demand that Muslims condemn the crimes of others is, quite frankly a bit hypocritical. As if it has anything to do with them.

If a Traveller wedding got out of hand and a big brawl ensued would you stand on your soap box and insist that the local peaceful knacker family ought to come out and condemn it? As if it's their remit?

If a black man kills 5 people in Alabama, are you going to demand that all brown folk should drop everything and condemn his actions?

What about a fucking white man who wastes 9 people in a church in South Carolina? Are you going to demand every white person stand up and condemn that?

Why do you insist that Muslims are obligated to condemn killings? Why are they the ones who have to band together and apologise for crimes?

Why aren't you howling for everyone in the South of the US to denounce and condemn that lunatic, Dylan Roof?

Now in order to silence the bottom-feeders who will take nothing from this analysis other than to screech "See.....he hates freedom. Israel is to blame according to this tinfoiler America hater. Let's give terrorists a hug" and all the usual weak dross, I would say get lost. The fact that i have to even mention this is anathema.

Why do Muslims have to condemn this?

When the IRA blew the bollocks out of Warrington, Manchester, Canary Wharf, Guildford, etc. there was understandably anti-paddy hatred. I felt the brunt of it in a shop one time in Walthamstow. But I don't recall any crap from anyone demanding that all "Micks" should come out and condemn this activity. Yet people think that the onus is on Fatima from Islamabad or Rahid from Cairo or Moustaffa from Casablanca to all of a sudden drop everything and scream "We're so sorry. We must rein in our wayward, nutcase ragheads"

And to even entertain this thought displays a nauseating level of self-righteous racism.

You need to learn the difference between religion and everything else. And this mad stuff is in their religion.

Charlie Hebdo justifies all of this if you go by their book.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

You need to learn the difference between religion and everything else. And this mad stuff is in their religion.

Charlie Hebdo justifies all of this if you go by their book.

No I don't need to learn anything.

What YOU need to do is ask a VERY simple question.
    And that question is:

Why are Middle Eastern people killing or attempting to kill people in France, England, ?

Why are they doing this?

Just address that question, despite fact,

Please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Why are Middle Eastern people killing or attempting to kill people in France, England, ?

Why are they doing this?

Because they are fanatics, warped by their ideology who see a sense and reason in doing what they are doing. These people are also killing people in Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Tunisia and elsewhere. They killed people in Bali, Spain, Turkey and so on.
    The level of whataboutery on display is astonishing to be honest. The core issue is Islamic extremism. Nothing else, no matter how many poorly attempted straw men you will try and build.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

And that question is:

Why are they doing this?

Why did Middle Eastern people launch the Muslim conquests?

No doubt that Britain, France and America's meddling in Middle Eastern affairs inspires Muslims to commit acts of terror in the homeland of those countries, but Islam wasn't born in the 1970s with the Islamic Revolution, Muslim armies have been invading and conquering countries for 1400 years.

Islam is inherently violent and has been that way since Muhammad created Islam. He, himself, was a military general who conquered the Arab Peninsula and with Muhammad being portrayed as the "perfect Muslim", it's no surprise why Muslims are quick to take arms against non-believers and critics of Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Let's pause for one moment and think of the thirty eight people who lost their lives on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

I am one who generally takes the argument that Muslims are, by and large, a peaceful people. But this is going too far and happening too often now. There needs to be some sort of retaliation. Now, personally, I think ISIS are over-ambitious and will do something stupid, from their own position, like attack Iran or Turkey, then they will be obliterated. Personally, I wouldn't want neither Iran nor Turkey on my case, but those in ISIS are lunatics. Failing that, there needs to be more pressure put on Western-friendly Middle Eastern states to do something. If the West attacks ISIS then there is a certain lunatic fringe, as there is in any group, religious or otherwise, that will be driven into the hands of ISIS. If the West acts covertly through friendly Muslim states then the end result is likely to be far more beneficial all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ismamoh wrote: »
    Still no condemnation then? (The Irish islamic Twitter space is even more silent)

Hundreds beheaded in Mexico (predominantly Catholic cointry) over the last few years, the Irish twitterspere is silent, OMG all Catholics must condone these beheadings in Mexico.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

What's your point?

Because what I elucidated was that nobody squealed "All Irish people need to stand and condemn this bombing" .... yet I read from people on here insisting "that all Muslims NEED to condemn these killings"

So if you can educate me as to what you were trying to say.....I'd love to hear your angle.

When people say Muslims they mean leaders. From there you can work out my very simple point, which was a rebuttal on points of fact to yours.

IRA atrocities were condemned by politicians and Catholic priests every time. Whether you think that's a bit formulaic or not is up to you, but it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Hundreds beheaded in Mexico (predominantly Catholic cointry) over the last few years, the Irish twitterspere is silent, OMG all Catholics must condone these beheadings in Mexico.

They weren't killings caused by Catholic beliefs but by drug related violence. Mexico is not covered enough by the TV to be sure , all killings in America get more coverage but that's the nature of hegemony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

These killings have more to do with meglomaniacs manipulating others to do their bidding using religion as a cover, than religion itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Whilst there is no particular outcry from Muslims over these and other events. And I don't want to enter into the debate of whether there should or shouldn't be. I feel the need to add that many Muslims of my acquaintance have told me that they wish to be clear that they are disassociated from these groups which they see as mafias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

Nodin wrote: »
    And of course quoting Churchill automatically gives ye the moral high ground...

"The young Churchill charged through imperial atrocities, defending each in turn. When concentration camps were built in South Africa, for white Boers, he said they produced "the minimum of suffering". The death toll was almost 28,000, and when at least 115,000 black Africans were likewise swept into British camps, where 14,000 died, he wrote only of his "irritation that Kaffirs should be allowed to fire on white men". Later, he boasted of his experiences there: "That was before war degenerated. It was great fun galloping about."

"Then as an MP he demanded a rolling programme of more conquests, based on his belief that "the Aryan stock is bound to triumph". There seems to have been an odd cognitive dissonance in his view of the "natives". In some of his private correspondence, he appears to really believe they are helpless children who will "willingly, naturally, gratefully include themselves within the golden circle of an ancient crown".
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/not-his-finest-hour-the-dark-side-of-winston-churchill-2118317.html
    There would have been nothing unusual about these views at that time (early 20th century when the UK and other European countries still had vast empires).

Churchill has one overriding virtue that you cannot answer - (unlikie Neville Chamberlain whom I consider to be the spiritual ancestor of the modern Left) when he saw something that was both evil and threatening, he recognised it and knew what to do about it. He saw it in the Nazis. He saw it in Islam.

70-odd years on, there are reasons to despise both Naziism and Islamism. And they're the same reasons. Churchill was correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

SeanW wrote: »
    There would have been nothing unusual about these views at that time (early 20th century when the UK and other European countries still had vast empires).

Churchill has one overriding virtue that you cannot answer - (unlikie Neville Chamberlain whom I consider to be the spiritual ancestor of the modern Left) when he saw something that was both evil and threatening, he recognised it and knew what to do about it. He saw it in the Nazis. He saw it in Islam.

....but didn't see it in racism, sectarianism or imperialism. Much like a broken clock, he was bound to be right at least once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

fr336 wrote: »
    Guess you live in a cave then!

Yes, but it has widows. Given the wholesale torture, rape and murder, meted out by Gaddafi, there was nothing inappropriate about the manner of his demise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

And that question is:

Why are they doing this?

Please.

The only very simple question that occurs to me is why are you such a staunch
    apologist for extreme evil in this world? The atrocities perpetrated by Islamic fundamentalists and Vladimir Putin in particular.

Desperate attention seeking?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

You're comparing gang related violence in Mexico with Islamic terrorism. That's a new one, I'll give you that. The excuses people will dream up for Islamic terrorism. When the cartels start murdering tourists or people because they are of a different religious belief to them, then you may have a point.

Tell m, how many of the cartel killings in Mexico are religious based murders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Fascinating how countries like France want to increase blanket surveillance on the population. And they'll justify attacks like yesterday to increase such powers and expect public acquiescence. Yet not for the first time, we hear of another attacker that was allowed to drop off the intelligence radar to conduct their terror attack. It seems to be a repeating pattern of incompetence by the intelligence services. Perhaps the public would be served by such agencies actually doing their jobs effectively. Rather than obsessing over the collecting of Zettabytes of meaningless data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Another horrible despicable act of ISIS/al Qaeda inspired terrorism. Worse and worse things seem to be getting especially since all the Middle East's dictators were overthrown. A short few years ago, Libya, Egypt and Syria were all ok countries that were safe to visit for the most part. Now, they resemble the scenes from a Mad Max movie (but unfortunately without Max himself in it to take the baddies down). Terrorists, warlords, drug dealers, religious nutcases, self styled armies and other violent criminals murder, rape, steal and pillage and enforce fascist law on the poor unfortunate people. They always said that the living would envy the dead!

But this Mad Max world is not something confined to some failed state in Africa, Central Asia or the Middle East like Libya, Iraq or Afghanistan. It is a threat to all states, whether a more stable Middle Eastern state like Iran or Turkey, a southern European state like Italy or Spain, or a northern European state like France or Germany. The problem is that ALL the above mentioned regions are the back door of al Qaeda's and ISIS' stomping ground.

From Senegal to Sweden, From Australia to Austria, from Ireland to Iran, from Swaziland to Switzerland, no state is safe from a terrorist attack or from the terrorists launching an attack on its soil. These groups kill everyone and have killed more Muslims than anyone else. Their version of Islam is bogus but yet there are some, even in the West, who think that ISIS and/or al Qaeda are organisations they can do deals with. This sort of madness is what lead to such organisations emerging in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Prominent Cartels such as the Sinaloa and Arellano Felix identify with Santa Meurte, this worship is strongly condemned by the Catholic Church in Mexico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

cnocbui wrote: »
    The only very simple question that occurs to me is why are you such a staunch
    apologist for extreme evil in this world? The atrocities perpetrated by Islamic fundamentalists and Vladimir Putin in particular.

Desperate attention seeking?

I think you'll find the answer in your question. Some like to take the opposing view just because it draws attention - perhaps it is lacking in non-online life.

Mostly, I believe you will find the very same person will be unable to answer their own question to a standard which would withstand scutiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

And that question is:

Why are they doing this?

Please.

The moment you believe you don't need to learn is the moment you cease to develop true understanding. aka - Blinkered

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Sorry to disrupt the full-on 'The Muslims are evil' circle-jerk but those of you who neurotically rail against the truths spoken by 'lefty-liberals' fail to recognize the role 'we' play(ed) in all this instability.

'We' have had no qualms whatsoever in courting the most extreme forms of Islamofascism when it suited 'us' in 'our' political, economic and military interests. Saudi Arabia remains a principle ally of the west despite the fact that:
    Through their embassies and charities, the Saudi's have built multi-million dollar mosques and schools and sponsor international students to study in Saudi on full scholarships, sending them back with funding and lifetime jobs as Wahhabi proselytizers to their respective countries.

The essential contradiction in U.S. policy of promoting democracy in the Middle East is that while trillions of dollars have been spent and many lives lost in the war on terror, little has been done to address the ideological foundation of terrorism, which is being promoted through Wahhabism funded by Saudi Arabia.

Source

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭130Kph

From Senegal to Sweden, From Australia to Austria, from Ireland to Iran, from Swaziland to Switzerland, no state is safe from a terrorist attack or from the terrorists launching an attack on its soil. These groups kill everyone and have killed more Muslims than anyone else. Their version of Islam is bogus but yet there are some, even in the West, who think that ISIS and/or al Qaeda are organisations they can do deals with. This sort of madness is what lead to such organisations emerging in the first place.
    I agree with a lot of your analysis but I think this comment doesn’t hold water (not the most important observation about ISIS but nonetheless). ISIS have a clear political position however they can cloak themselves in whatever other skin they like – in this case religion.

What you’ve said here is like saying the Church of Ireland version of Christianity is a bogus form of Christianity. This is a completely empty & useless statement in the context of this terrorist group and is a clear attempt to downplay Islam as a factor in this asymmetric war (and it is a factor – not the key, but a very strong component, especially when compared to outside influences on countries/motivations in other parts of the world).

These religion claims whether fake or genuine are up to each ISIS member. It’s not for you or I (or even academic researchers) to define, up-play or downplay. If they self-identify as followers of Islam then that’s what it is. That’s the beauty of religion (or as I would say medieval religious Horsesh1t.).

Btw, this (obviously) doesn’t have any implications for the other 1.5billion followers of Islam, contrary to 95% of the laughable culture war BS that goes on in this forum about this topic (laughable - mostly due to hard left ‘racism is everywhere’ w*nkerish goons who insist on bringing ALL relevant threads around to this simplistic p*ss weak whine).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Three are now suspected dead rip.

Ireland should join nato and help in wiping out these cnuts

I'm mad

Not just that innocent Irish lives have been lost but this also taints the view of Muslims, no wonder we have racists in our society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Sorry to disrupt the full-on 'The Muslims are evil' circle-jerk but those of you who neurotically rail against the truths spoken by 'lefty-liberals' fail to recognize the role 'we' play(ed) in all this instability.

'We' have had no qualms whatsoever in courting the most extreme forms of Islamofascism when it suited 'us' in 'our' political, economic and military interests. Saudi Arabia remains a principle ally of the west despite the fact that:

Your forgetting that the Saudis have got a whole lot of oil so they can do as they like. I do agree the wests intervention in the middle east in the past decade has exacerbated the situation, removing saddam assad and gaddaffi have been huge errors. But nothing in this world justifies what these extremists are doing now, such as isis in syria and iraq laying waste to whole towns and villages in the most barbaric ways imaginable. Remember its mainly there own fellow muslims groups like isis are brutalising.

• Site Banned Posts: 13 jorex88

Three are now suspected dead rip.

Ireland should join nato and help in wiping out these cnuts

I'm mad

Not just that innocent Irish lives have been lost but this also taints the view of Muslims, no wonder we have racists in our society

If Irish muslims wanted to neutralise this sentiments, all they have to do is publicly condemn the killings. All I've seen from the Irish muslim community is the silent condoning of murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

jorex88 wrote: »
    If Irish muslims wanted to neutralise this sentiments, all they have to do is publicly condemn the killings. All I've seen from the Irish muslim community is the silent condoning of murder.

Ah right, so everyone is ok with it unless they condemn it. Will the Christians be commenting on the KKK or will they continue to silently condone them?

The shia muslims have to speak out against the bombing of one of their own mosques or they are assumed to be ok with it.

• Advertisement

Ah right, so everyone is ok with it unless they condemn it. Will the Christians be commenting on the KKK or will they continue to silently condone them?

The KKK are taking responsibility for what happened in Tunisia?

All Christians - Catholics, Protestants, etc. would condemn the KKK without blinking an eye.

All it takes is a simple Tweet, a simple statement that what happened in Tunisia was wrong. It's not that hard really.

The KKK are taking responsibility for what happened in Tunisia?

All Christians - Catholics, Protestants, etc. would condemn the KKK without blinking an eye.

All it takes is a simple Tweet, a simple statement that what happened in Tunisia was wrong. It's not that hard really.

Are all Muslims taking responsibility for Tunisia?

Only Tunisia? What about the mosque being bombed? Will you assume all Muslims are condoning it unless they all start twittering or does common sense kick in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

mg1982 wrote: »
    Your forgetting that the Saudis have got a whole lot of oil so they can do as they like.

It goes without saying. The delicious sweet lite crude flows out, the dollars flow in and then flow back out to buy weapons off their allies and patrons.

Only Tunisia? What about the mosque being bombed? Will you assume all Muslims are condoning it unless they all start twittering or does common sense kick in?

Grand so. Muslim guests in this country can easily be identified by their silence. All I've seen on Irish Twitter is reminders about ramadan.

Grand so. Muslim guests in this country can easily be identified by their silence. All I've seen on Irish Twitter is reminders about ramadan.

So thats a no to common sense then.

Im not on Twitter, does that make me a "Muslim guest"? Why are you trying to identify them?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Any belief system that is scared of wet dogs shouldn't be taken seriously anyways.

So thats a no to common sense then.

Im not on Twitter, does that make me a "Muslim guest"? Why are you trying to identify them?

Which begs the question: do you condemn the terrorist killings?

According to you Im a silently condoning Muslim guest. I can be Irish, non Muslim and against terrorism but if I dont say it on twitter you already have me identified.

What shall we do with these identified Muslim guests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

It doesn't beg any question, do you think there weren't Muslim people in Tunisia trying to get foreigners out of harms way yesterday and in many other terrorist events? Small minded doesn't even come close. It's because of war mongers from all side who take advantage of the sheer stupidity of much of the population that these events can happen. If only the armchair generals and commentators and the waiting for a virgin in heaven arseholes could all get together and leave the rest of us to it.

According to you Im a silently condoning Muslim guest. I can be Irish, non Muslim and against terrorism but if I dont say it on twitter you already have me identified.

What shall we do with these identified Muslim guests?

Don't condemn cold blooded killing then. That's your free will decision.

Planning permission for the Balgriffin mosque should be revoked until the immans (or whatever they call themselves) condemn terrorist acts involving the deaths of Irish citizens.

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    It doesn't beg any question, do you think there weren't Muslim people in Tunisia trying to get foreigners out of harms way yesterday and in many other terrorist events? Small minded doesn't even come close. It's because of war mongers from all side who take advantage of the sheer stupidity of much of the population that these events can happen. If only the armchair generals and commentators and the waiting for a virgin in heaven arseholes could all get together and leave the rest of us to it.

I'm not talking about muslim people, I'm talking about muslim leaders. So-called leaders who are distinctly silent.

Don't condemn cold blooded killing then. That's your free will decision.

Planning permission for the Balgriffin mosque should be revoked until the immans (or whatever they call themselves) condemn terrorist acts involving the deaths of Irish citizens.

Thats it, no religious freedom for people because they havent apologized.

Assuming you support the killing of shia muslims because you havent submitted your tweet yet on the mosque bombing. Can use that to identify you as some sort of guest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

This terrorist act sounds like a mafia killing. The whole removing of a persons organs by the use of a shark blade, Don't certain Sicilian Mafioso's and Capos do this sort of thing.

Thats it, no religious freedom for people because they havent apologized.

Assuming you support the killing of shia muslims because you havent submitted your tweet yet on the mosque bombing. Can use that to identify you as some sort of guest.

Firstly, I'm not an islamic leader. I am happy to condemn the killing of innocent life.

Down the years, Irish leaders have condemned the killing of innocent lives who were victims of IRA terrorism.

Fr Noel Horneck has publicly stood in solidarity with the Irish people. Not a peep out of muslim immans. Not a peep.

The generous Irish people are left wondering if ramadan is more important to allah supporters.

The ball is very much in the court of Irish muslims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

just wondering what the breakdown of Muslims living here, as we saw yesterday with the bombing of the Mosque in Kuwait Shiite Muslims where targeted by Isis Wahhabi Muslims and then you have Sunni, just wondering which is the largest group here? I mean if it's the Wahhabi crowd I'd be worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

just wondering what the breakdown of Muslims living here, as we saw yesterday with the bombing of the Mosque in Kuwait Shiite Muslims where targeted by Isis Wahhabi Muslims and then you have Sunni, just wondering which is the largest group here? I mean if it's the Wahhabi crowd I'd be worried.

Various Schools of Islam are killing each other. the Wahhabis and Salafists are killing the Shi'ites, Sufis & other Sunnis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Any belief system that is scared of wet dogs shouldn't be taken seriously anyways.

Or a religion that covers up child rape, wouldn't take them seriously either.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Or a religion that covers up child rape, wouldn't take them seriously either.

I'm an atheist. You fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

Nodin wrote: »
    ....but didn't see it in racism, sectarianism or imperialism.
    Again, during his time, that would have been common. Appraising him by the standards of his time, rather than modern standards, is that wonderful thing we call "context".
    Much like a broken clock, he was bound to be right at least once.
    He was right about the Nazis, and the state of Islam today would indicate he was right about that too. That's a bit more accurate than a "broken clock" I would think.

Advertisement