Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC First Build

Options
  • 26-06-2015 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

1. What is your budget? 800 euro no is the highest I can go

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Yes,have a 500gb HDD

5. Do you need a monitor? No .

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080. No.

6. Do you need any peripherals? No.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No.

8. How can you pay? Credit card/Laser and Bank Transfer

9. When are you purchasing? Soon as i have the right spec/price

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No help required

Additional information: Used to play games similar to call of duty ,Battlefield and CSGO.
    4k graphics is not a priority.

This is my current selection please advise on improvements or areas where I can save money. Thanks

Intel Core i5-4460 in-a-Box
    ready for dispatch
    183,99 €

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4G, 4GB GDDR5
    available within 2-3 business days
    260,99 €

Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H, Sockel 1150, ATX
    ready for dispatch
    104,99 €

8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9
    ready for dispatch
    53,99 €

Samsung SSD 850 EVO SATA 6Gb/s 120 GB
    67,99 €

LG GH24NS bare schwarz
    ready for dispatch
    13,99 €

Raidmax Super Viper, ohne Netzteil
    ready for dispatch
    33,99 €

Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 650W
    60,99 €

Thermaltake Pure S 12 / 120mm / Blue LED
    ready for dispatch
    6,99 €

ARCTIC Alpine 11 Plus 775/1156
    9,99 €

Windows 8.1 64-Bit (SB-Version)
    ready for dispatch
    95,99 €

€893.89

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks OK, personally I would choose a better case but that's really up to yourself.

I wouldn't bother with the Arctic cooler, no need, the stock Intel one is perfectly fine.

I would stretch 30 euro extra to get the R9 290 Tri-X 4GB, total league ahead of the GTX960 which isn't great value at 260.

Or else there's the 280X Winforce 3GB which at 55 euro cheaper is a similar performing card.

Also save a fortune on Windows by using Reddit Softwareswap, where a Windows 8 'N' version license will cost the grand total of about 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Don't get the N licence if you want Windows 10 free upgrade.

Can get a cheaper motherboard for €70-80 to accomdate the 290 as Terror said

If you're buying from Hardwareversand, use Geizhals.de affiliate site to knock a few euro off

After that you're good to go

Get a 500w PSU too

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

You could save on Windows for one, I think people here use a reddit seller to get their Windows keys (seems to be legit).

Also do you need a CD drive? A lot of builds here don't use them anymore, since so much software (games especially) is downloadable.

If your case doesn't have fans, maybe there's a happy medium of an affordable case that comes with decent fans? I don't know how much cooling you need when you're not overclocking.

Also, if you're assembling it yourself, make sure the you don't have the option for Hardwareversand assembly selected - think that's €30.

I'm getting a Superlfower too - but just thinking maybe you could downgrade to a 550w? I'm getting a 550w and I'll have a GTX 970 and most likely an i5-4690K, so it should do you too. Not sure how much there is to be saved from that, but worth a try!

I'm sure the others will weigh in, and as I've yet to build my first build, I add the disclaimer that I'm a total amateur - just basing my advice on my extensive research and endlessly rehashed build lists :D.

• Advertisement

http://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/2zmufy/hwindows_788181_noffice_20102013all_other/

There's your windows link.

Something like Nanoxia DS3 case has 3 fans with it, I wouldn't cheap out on the case of all things

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rockieepower

Thanks lads,
    I'm looking at a different case now an Antec GX505 one any help is useful.
    I'm going to drop the CD drive and probably the CPU cooler to upgrade the GPU to the R9 290tri-x.
    This windows thing as-well as that legal?
    And any recommendations on a different Motherboard for the R9 290 tri x

Yeah, they're legit, Dev keys bought in bulk. MS don't care.

Any LGA 1150 board is fine for the card, the one you've got is okay if you want to keep it

Advertisement