Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 5 - activation error

• 26-06-2015 1:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hello

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.3 and its been doing my head in lately.

every few minutes..............can be 5 minutes, can be 65 minutes, I get this error up on screen saying " activation required " as in attachment 1

I then try and activate it and sometimes it works, most times it doesn't, when it dosen't work, I get the error messages in attachments 2 and 3, activation failed OR activation error

To get round the above, I have to do a complete restart and then it may or may not work after this, and may require another restart.

Seriously annoying

Anybody else experience this or know how to get around it or is the phone just f00ked.

EDIT : I meant to add that this phone does not have a SIM in it now, (SIM transferred to another phone until I figure out what's going on) I just use it on WiFI, but even when it had a SIM in it, it was acting up.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Put the SIM back in and try connecting to iTunes. The SIM has to be in to activate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Put the SIM back in and try connecting to iTunes. The SIM has to be in to activate.

Thanks, but it activates without a SIM over wi fi for me also.

and in the past I activated it with the SIM also and obviously still have the problem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You should only have to activate the phone once. If its constantly activating then contacting apple is the only way forward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

jonny24ie wrote: »
    You should only have to activate the phone once. If its constantly activating then contacting apple is the only way forward.

Yeah, this is the thing, I keep on having to activate time and time again.

Advertisement