Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card protection?

Options
  • 26-06-2015 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I have received two letters about the Credit Card protection, I was unsure if I filled out or agreed to this extra protection. 
    It has been to far back for me to remember, so since I am already paying for Credit Card protection which is provided by BOI themselves, I wanted to know if I send this claim form back, will I still have Cred Card protection from BOI and just not from Homecare Insurance Limited?

Are there any disadvantages if I don`t want Homecare`s protection, compared to BOI`s protection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

lewis wrote: »
    I have received two letters about the Credit Card protection, I was unsure if I filled out or agreed to this extra protection. 
    It has been to far back for me to remember, so since I am already paying for Credit Card protection which is provided by BOI themselves, I wanted to know if I send this claim form back, will I still have Cred Card protection from BOI and just not from Homecare Insurance Limited?

Are there any disadvantages if I don`t want Homecare`s protection, compared to BOI`s protection?
    Hi lewis,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Card protection plan is an insurance policy that you would have opted for at the time of application for your credit card account.

The product provides a 24 hour facility, from anywhere in the world, to cancel all your Debit & Credit cards (BOI, Non-BOI, Store cards…) by means of one free call.

Recent notification has been issued by Bank of Ireland to some customers who may be due a refund for amounts paid on credit cards to Card Protection (CPP). We have created a dedicated section on our website which will guide you through the process of this redress scheme.

You find information on what you are covered for with CPP and its benefits and details on the redress scheme here.

Upon receipt of your claim form, our team will write to you within 40 working days regarding the outcome of your request. If you are entitled to a refund, this will be made to your account upon completion of the investigation.

If you have any queries regarding the redress scheme, you can contact Bank of Ireland’s dedicated helpline on 1890 946 160, or from outside Ireland 00353 76 6248023. Lines are open Monday to Friday; 9:00am to 5:00pm.

Just to mention, by making a claim you are agreeing to cancel your Card Protection policy if it's still active. You will be unable to make a claim on this policy in the future, and this product is no longer being offered to new customers.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement