Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pet friendly hotels.

• 26-06-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Hi I'm looking to find a good pet friendly hotel. Me and my wife are going away for a few days down the country and we would love to bring our little dog with us. Any good ones that yous know of? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

O'Sheas hotel in Tramore is good. Not a fancy hotel. 3 Star but it is right beside Tramore Stand. Never ate there so can't comment on the food. Dogs can stay in the room & they have a secure car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Pax House, a boutique hotel in Dingle is a haven for dogs and their humans.

Dogs even get a turn down service on their baskets at night:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

There's a place in Clonakilty that seems to allow dogs. Haven't stayed there but came across it on Trip Advisor. It's called the Dunmore House Hotel. Looks lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kerry15

The dromhall hotel killarney and the randels court killarney are both dog friendly and I have stayed in both with my dogs :)

ardilaun in galway
    hotel is nice, haven't brought my doggy there but they seem very dog friendly and definitely let you bring them

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    ardilaun in galway
    hotel is nice, haven't brought my doggy there but they seem very dog friendly and definitely let you bring them

I've been there twice with my dog and couldn't fault it. The dog friendly rooms open out to an enclosed garden and the car park is to the other side so you can avoid traipsing through the hotel itself with your dog if you want. They provide poop bags, a bowl and a dog biscuit for your pooch. They allow the dog in the lobby. Not in the eating areas naturally but we asked could we eat our meal out in the lobby and khali was able to sit with us there while we ate. Every single guest that passed by in that time stopped to give her a rub. One family had to leave the restaurant and eat in the lobby also because their toddler was screaming to be near my dog. So we had a 2 year staring at us intently while we ate! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

Kerry15 wrote: »
    The dromhall hotel killarney and the randels court killarney are both dog friendly and I have stayed in both with my dogs :)

Hi! Sorry if hijack temporarily the thread (I'd gladly start another thread if that is a problem). My partner and I are avid hillwalkers and would love to stay in a hotel in Killarney and bring the dog with us on strolls during the day. Are the paths/off track walks generally dog friendly in Killarney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Dogs are very welcome in the National Park in Killarney but they must be kept on a lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The Waterfront Hotel in Baltimore is excellent for dogs. Ask for the 'dog room' which has its own little courtyard so that you can let the dog out for his wees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Mountain View B&B in Rockchapel, North Cork. Not just dog-friendly but dog-centered! :) Lots of quiet, lovely walks around there such as the river walking trail in Newmarket and you are within driving distance of some good attractions as well and the sea. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Rossmore Manor near Cliden/Letterfrack co. Galway is also doggie friendly. Plenty of walks and nearby national park too.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bluejelly

Carbery cottage in Durrus & Mossies near Allihies are great spots & very dog friendly. Aghadoe heights in Killarney allow 1 small dog to stay I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Powerscourt hotel Ennisskerry allow dogs too...

http://www.powerscourthotel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭puppieperson

sneem hotel and apartments in Co Kerry & castle leslie in Co Monaghan -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

http://www.kilcannonhouse.ie/
    I haven't stayed here but i've heard great reviews on it.

Advertisement