Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birds nesting in gym

• 26-06-2015 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Hey.

I built a new gym a couple of months ago and have not really used it as of yet, however, birds are nesting on the beam in the shed its in, not even a foot above the top of the squat rack. They are up now as we speak, about 5 of the babies out of the nest and sitting across the beam.

As you can imaging the crap they leave behind is unreal, im just concerned is there anything a person can catch from bird ****. I had carpet down as my floor for the gym but had to pull it up as it was destroyed in crap, have to come up with a better solution but im just wondering is there a health hazard for me with all the poo around? and now that these lads are out of the nest when will they fly off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If they are out of the nest they should fledge very soon.

As for the mess: no health hazard if you just clean it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

If they are out of the nest they should fledge very soon.

As for the mess: no health hazard if you just clean it up.

Ah thats good to know! I'll put down lino or agri mat instead of carpet, that way I can wash it easier.

They have been using the same nest for years now, i love seeing them come back tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Swallows I presume? Better prepare yourself they could well rear a second family :) I was at a premises in the midlands on Tuesday and when the manager saw my car well sprinkled with bird poo he said "swallows?" I said it was , "ah" he said "lucky birds, great to have around" ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

Put down newspaper and take away a few sheets every day. I'd love to have swallows in my shed

Advertisement