Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with new Sim

Options
  • 26-06-2015 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I just bought a new pay as you go (Micro) sim from my local Vodafone shop but I cannot send/receive call or texts. Whenever I try to call even customer support I can't and a notification pops up reading "not Registered on network".

Is this a problem with the new sim or with my phone( a Samsung Galaxy S3)?
    All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Is the phone locked to a certain network? Have you activated the sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ChrisH97

Ye it is and thanks for the reply but unfortunately the problem isn't a quick fix.

For anyone experiecing the same problem I have been doing alot of research and apparently it is a problem with the way my phone (nothing wrong with the sim) reads the sim card. I tries a lot of the online solutions from mucking around in the settings to putting a piece of paper in with the sim, to even installing a new ROM on the phone, all to no avail.

It seems the only solution is to send it back to the factory to get it fixed, however I cannot get a quote for this price so I think I will just have to do without.

Thanks again.

Advertisement