Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other people's rude children

Options
  • 26-06-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I jog in a park and have lately noticed an increase in the number of I would say 11-14 year old boys gathering around simply slagging joggers off from within the trees.

This REALLY bothers me when children are calling people "fat" etc - the people they call names are adults, so I would hate to think what they say/do to their peers.

I would personally be ashamed/disgusted if it were my child, how do people deal with this?

You can't exactly scream at a child.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Every child that is not your own is rude and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I thought they were all being fraped on fb ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Every generation thinks those younger than them have no manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,513 ✭✭✭brevity

These days its hard to do anything with some feral gombeen roaring something at you. Would be nice if people would just leave people alone but that's a pipe dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

222233 wrote: »
    I jog in a park and have lately noticed an increase in the number of I would say 11-14 year old boys gathering around simply slagging joggers off from within the trees.

This REALLY bothers me when children are calling people "fat" etc - the people they call names are adults, so I would hate to think what they say/do to their peers.

I would personally be ashamed/disgusted if it were my child, how do people deal with this?

Call them spotty and it should soon shut them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Run Forrest Run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I agree with the OP. Some teens can be very intimidating and abusive, because they know they'll get away with it. I think the current generation are worse than previous ones, they don't fear punishment because they don't get any. If somebody complained to the parents of these kids the odds are that the adult would get a bollocking from the parents because their little angels are incapable of bad behaviour. Pally parenting is a cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Follow them home.
    Or
    Get a watergun full of piss.
    Or
    Beat the living daylights out of the ringleader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

efb wrote: »
    Ignore it.

Ah ya, head in the sand, let them bother someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Crowds of feral pre teens and teens congregate outside my parent's house ... My car is in bits they keep bouncing a ball off it, scraping it with their bikes and sitting on it. given up shouting at them it makes them worse :(

If I had a sniper rifle I could take them all out one by one ... Oh even the thought of it is such satisfaction.

I now park my car away from he green they loiter on when I come to visit.

I'd call into the parents but the main ****er who does it his parents don't give a **** :rolleyes: they'd orobsbly damage the car more because I complained.

I'm not the only one however, they sit on the opposite neighbours wall all the time and bounce balls of the side of his van and hop over the wall to get balls despite the fact that he has a lot of expensive building supplier, they don't give a ****.

I have a big dog .... But he's not scary enough, I'll borrow a pitbull next time I tell them to get the fcuk off my car to make them fear me more!

There is around 40 of them .... I'll get a picture of them it's like feeding time at the zoo, mob mentality works well here and young lads showing off to girls think they're so clever and witty

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Stop being fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

efb wrote: »
    Ignore it.

That's very easy to say but it makes me really uncomfortable when a group of people probably 12 years younger than me are saying inappropriate things, it's embarrassing! Plus a lot of people out jogging / walking are people trying to change their lives, I am not overweight and don't have self confidence issues, but how can it be okay to ignore it if there is some poor person making a decision to come out to change their body and then get shot down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They're just little punks, they're only brave in their groups. Meet one of them walking alone and they'll stare down at the ground and scuttle past like a pathetic dog.

Crowds of feral pre teens and teens congregate outside my parent's house ... My car is in bits they keep bouncing a ball off it, scraping it with their bikes and sitting on it. given up shouting at them it makes them worse :(

If I had a sniper rifle I could take them all out one by one ... Oh even the thought of it is such satisfaction.

I now park my car away from he green they loiter on when I come to visit.

I'd call into the parents but the main ****er who does it his parents don't give a **** :rolleyes: they'd orobsbly damage the car more because I complained.

I'm not the only one however, they sit on the opposite neighbours wall all the time and bounce balls of the side of his van and hop over the wall to get balls despite the fact that he has a lot of expensive building supplier, they don't give a ****.

I have a big dog .... But he's not scary enough, I'll borrow a pitbull next time I tell them to get the fcuk off my car to make them fear me more!

There is around 40 of them .... I'll get a picture of them it's like feeding time at the zoo, mob mentality works well here and young lads showing off to girls think they're so clever and witty

God that's bloody awful! A lot of the parents genuinely don't give a s*** , so sad that other people have to pay the price for bad parenting and horrid children!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I know this was said in jest but this kind of comment really bothers me.

Do you not understand that if you used a simple grenade you would kill much more of them and with far less work involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Menas wrote: »
    Every generation thinks those younger than them have no manners.

But they're pretty probably right. I'm pretty sure I was cheeky as a teen... Hoping I've grown into a respectful adult now though. Some, not all, but lots of kids are cheeky and push boundaries to impress their friends and to feel like an adult. Most grow out of it.

God that's bloody awful! A lot of the parents genuinely don't give a s*** , so sad that other people have to pay the price for bad parenting and horrid children!

Was talking to my my dad there, he has a new car (well 2011 car he got it a few months ago) and they were throwing stones at each other beside the car, which is now covered in lovely stone marks :rolleyes:

He's very ill so doesn't have the energy to find out who did it, we've figured out that the ringleader doesn't even live in the estate ... I might corner my neighbour who's in their gang and ask where they're coming from! Set up a boarder control :D

I know this was said in jest but this kind of comment really bothers me.

Do you not understand that if you used a simple grenade you would kill much more of them and with far less work involved?

It's the picking them out one by one slowly, which will serve the kind of justice I feel they deserve. It's the hunt!

Dinner is served :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Spray Jeyes fluid around marking all the areas they inhabit. It's a widely known fact Johnti, Bosco and the lads don't take to being disinfected......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Offer them sweets from your white van

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Ahh here OP, I thought when you said 'other people's children', you were talking about like three and four year olds.

In this situation I recommend the 'domino effect' approach - pick the mouthiest one of the bunch, and puck the head off the little bastard. The rest of them will usually fall back out of sight.

No, I don't normally advocate violence against anyone, and especially children, but ferral little fcukers are not children, they're a menace. I'm sure you are able to judge the appropriate application of force required to mortify and not do any permanent damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ah ya, head in the sand, let them bother someone else?

They are looking for a reaction- don't give them the satisfaction

Ahh here OP, I thought when you said 'other people's children', you were talking about like three and four year olds.

In this situation I recommend the 'domino effect' approach - pick the mouthiest one of the bunch, and puck the head off the little bastard. The rest of them will usually fall back out of sight.

No, I don't normally advocate violence against anyone, and especially children, but ferral little fcukers are not children, they're a menace. I'm sure you are able to judge the appropriate application of force required to mortify and not do any permanent damage.

Unfortunately my small build/lack of height means I lack physical strength, I really want to say something but I wouldn't stop and what I'd say would be so horrid that I would probably get brought up for child bullying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I remember I was one of those kids.

I remember those kids made school a nightmare for quieter kids like me ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I know but your average Irish adult isn't going to start beating the sh1te out of a 14 year old punk in a public park, most people in general would only resort to physical violence in self defence.

Getting into a shouting match is no good either, I think ignoring them is the best policy because all they're looking for is a reaction.

I know but your average Irish adult isn't going to start beating the sh1te out of a 14 year old punk in a public park, most people in general would only resort to physical violence in self defence.

Getting into a shouting match is no good either, I think ignoring them is the best policy because all they're looking for is a reaction.

I would totally agree usually, BUT then I think if they have the balls to do that to adults, what do they do to people their own age?

Bullying should be stomped out no matter who its towards, they have obviously been poorly raised etc perhaps something could change that

THE ENEMY!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

They are only looking for attention.
    In my day we started a fire if we wanted attention.

Advertisement