Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other people's rude children

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,753 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

222233 wrote: »
    Unfortunately my small build/lack of height means I lack physical strength, I really want to say something but I wouldn't stop and what I'd say would be so horrid that I would probably get brought up for child bullying

If it's a public park you're jogging in OP, you can always make a complaint to the local council. Unfortunately there's not that much you can do about other people's children and their behaviour other than complain to the council or the Gardaí. Sounds like overkill, but those are your only options realistically speaking.

Is there anyone who could join you as a jogging partner, might make you less of an easy target than jogging on your own at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

222233 wrote: »
    I jog in a park and have lately noticed an increase in the number of I would say 11-14 year old boys gathering around simply slagging joggers off from within the trees.

This REALLY bothers me when children are calling people "fat" etc - the people they call names are adults, so I would hate to think what they say/do to their peers.

I would personally be ashamed/disgusted if it were my child, how do people deal with this?

You can't exactly scream at a child.

In my day it was the 15/17 year olds doing this but nowadays the 15 year olds have already graduated to heroin or drug dealing.

I cant think of any remedy for your situation OP,Em.....poo on a stick???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

If it's a public park you're jogging in OP, you can always make a complaint to the local council. Unfortunately there's not that much you can do about other people's children and their behaviour other than complain to the council or the Gardaí. Sounds like overkill, but those are your only options realistically speaking.

Is there anyone who could join you as a jogging partner, might make you less of an easy target than jogging on your own at the time.

I have made two complaints to no relief :(

It's not my home place, just my work area so I don't know that many people about, realistically I can jog elsewhere or jog in the mornings but I do like the park

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

This is exactly how kids turn out when their parents treat them like little Buddhas, worshipping them and believe they can do no wrong. They are not taught respect or even right from wrong these days.
    A clip round the ear never hurt anyone and sure as hell made you not repeat whatever you did wrong. You learned from your mistakes and got told to apologise. Those days are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Feral

Feral

Feral

I win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Call them spotty and it should soon shut them up.

I prefer to use the term 'Pizzaface'......it's more cutting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If it's a public park you're jogging in OP, you can always make a complaint to the local council.

An adult ringing the council because a 12 year old is calling them names will just get laughed at.

Best thing is to ignore them if they're just making smart comments. Kids can be dicks and always will be, especially in crowds, even with good or bad parents.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's the picking them out one by one slowly, which will serve the kind of justice I feel they deserve. It's the hunt!

Dinner is served :cool:

I'd be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

whatswhat wrote: »
    This is exactly how kids turn out when their parents treat them like little Buddhas, worshipping them and believe they can do no wrong. They are not taught respect or even right from wrong these days.
    A clip round the ear never hurt anyone and sure as hell made you not repeat whatever you did wrong. You learned from your mistakes and got told to apologise. Those days are gone.

The primacy of the "Child" in the modern world is indeed and issue worth debating.

When we have teenagers regularly appearing in courts with Multiple Convictions on their record,then questions need to be asked....

Back in the day,the World was a more robust place in this regard...

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/rschwart/hist151/ChildrenQuotations_17th&18th.htm
    Therefore parents must be wary and circumspect, that they never smile or laugh at any words or deeds of their children done lewdly . . . naughtily, wantonly . . . they must correct and sharply reprove their children for saying or doing ill . . . . Robert Cleaver and John Dod, A Godly Form of household Government, 1621

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You need a jogging partner OP, and next time they say something, just ignore them directly but make a cruel joke about them out loud to your friend and keep jogging

anncoates wrote: »
    An adult ringing the council because a 12 year old is calling them names will just get laughed at.

Best thing is to ignore them if they're just making smart comments. Kids can be dicks and always will be, especially in crowds, even with good or bad parents.

Well in fairness it wouldn't bother me personally, but if someone is determined to have something done about it, the council would be a good start, and record all complaints.

Sure, kids can indeed be dicks, but adults don't have to tolerate kids behaving like dicks, and since clipping them round the ear isn't an option for the OP, then best course of action is to complain to the council persistently until she is taken seriously. Sometimes approaching a local councillor might help, but usually they're only interested in what's in it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

A good clip around the ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Follow them home.
    Or
    Get a watergun full of piss.
    Or
    Beat the living daylights out of the ringleader.

"Mr Lighto, have you any defence as to why you assaulted the child on the date in question?"
    "Well your honour, it was the name they called me, you see?"
    "And the name Mr Lighto?
    " fatty, your honour ".

Was talking to my my dad there, he has a new car (well 2011 car he got it a few months ago) and they were throwing stones at each other beside the car, which is now covered in lovely stone marks :rolleyes:

He's very ill so doesn't have the energy to find out who did it, we've figured out that the ringleader doesn't even live in the estate ... I might corner my neighbour who's in their gang and ask where they're coming from! Set up a boarder control :D

Ah that's just plain disgusting, the little scumbags.

The real problem with some kids (teens ) these days is they respect no one, parents, teachers, Guards, other adults. And the reason is...they have absolutely nothing to lose.... Guards cannot touch them, parents have spent years pandering to them or ignoring them...they really are the untouchables....And let me say the unpopular non PC thing, a lot are from single parent families. No father figure to keep them under control.

Have to say we don't have an issue with this (thankfully) where I live. The kids are polite well mannered and none of this carry on. Thank God....

But to take advantage of an elderly unwell person, that just makes my blood boil...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Was at the cinema with the Mrs a few weeks back and had to turn around halfway through to tell three teenage girls in the row behind to shut up. Everyone else was just sitting there letting them talk away amongst themselves ruining the movie. I bit my tongue for long enough.

After the movie ended it became apparent that they were with a parent who was sitting with her other kids a few rows ahead of me.

As I was leaving I noticed one of the girls pointing me out to the mother, obviously tattling thinking that I was the one in the wrong and not her and her friends. Spoiled little brat.

I lived in the USuntil my kids were 11/12. Over there if your kid was acting the maggot in the playground or whatever, a complete stranger would take it upon themself to reprimand them. No one was surprised by this...and honestly I think (in general) the middle class American kid is a lot more respectful than equivalent Irish one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Children have got worse fact. Just look at all the youth violence, It was not that bad years ago. Would a German get battered on Patrick's day years ago by feral scumbags ? Children bringing up children. State actually fostering attitudes of “I'm special” Teacher afraid of self entitled students. Idiot parents having zero clue that their little darling gets up to and is like outside the home. Only realising their kid is a scumbag when that are finally brought home in a squad car.

Children have got worse fact. Just look at all the youth violence, It was not that bad years ago. Would a German get battered on Patrick's day years ago by feral scumbags ? Children bringing up children. State actually fostering attitudes of “I'm special” Teacher afraid of self entitled students. Idiot parents having zero clue that their little darling gets up to and is like outside the home. Only realising their kid is a scumbag when that are finally brought home in a squad car.

That's not children getting worse, that's parents becoming less and less effective in instilling discipline and respect for other people in their children, and I don't think at all that it's as another poster suggested that these brats are mostly the children of single or unmarried parents. They're just as likely to come from families where both parents are present, but neither of them give a sh1t for their children's welfare or behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

This stuff went on in my day too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Some people here need to lay off the Jeremy Kyle show for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

This stuff went on in my day too.

Not to this extent. Irish youth used to be a lot more polite when I first arrived here. There has been a marked rise of scummy children. And I'm not talking stereotype working class single mom's. Scummy self entitled behaviour is prevalent within the youth these days. Lack of respect with also a lack of respect for authority. I.e teachers, Garda take your pick, Challenge the scummy kids and you get “You can't do that” “You can't touch me” “I know my rights”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Join their cool gang.

Would a German get battered on Patrick's day years ago by feral scumbags ?

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

There's a lot of inbred looking rat faced children roaming around in numbers these days. We need to implement a law which forbids children under 16 congregating in public in numbers in excess of 2. Like you'd be just as intimidated with a group of 20 grown men, children have no businesss swarming in vast numbers like that. It should be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Mint Aero wrote: »
    There's a lot of inbred looking rat faced children roaming around in numbers these days. We need to implement a law which forbids children under 16 congregating in public in numbers in excess of 2. Like you'd be just as intimidated with a group of 20 grown men, children have no businesss swarming in vast numbers like that. It should be illegal.

You've noted that too..?

Kinda scary is'nt it ?,particularly when you're on the Luas or the Bus and you can't but notice this weird similarity of both appearance,and behaviour.

F Fwd a wee while and you tend to see the same similarity in the grinning mushes striding from the Courts of "Justice" after yet another "Benefit of the Probation Acts" charade.

:confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

wear headphones, and have the music turned up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OP single out the oldest looking of the kids and ask if he is gay or why is he hanging around with a gang of lads instead of finding a girlfriend for himself, this should turn the attention of the group to him instead of you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

foggy_lad wrote: »
    OP single out the oldest looking of the kids and ask if he is gay or why is he hanging around with a gang of lads instead of finding a girlfriend for himself, this should turn the attention of the group to him instead of you!

Or completely back-fire and cause a trip to A&E :pac:

Advertisement