Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other people's rude children

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

"Feral" means literally wild - unfortunately plenty of them are from grand, stable, decent, respectable homes.
    Kids today might be worse overall than perhaps 40+ years ago, because there's less of an overall threat of severe corporal punishment hanging over them, but not the 90s, 2000s or even 80s. That's rose-tinted spectacles I think.
    My car is in bits they keep bouncing a ball off it, scraping it with their bikes and sitting on it. given up shouting at them it makes them worse :(

If I had a sniper rifle I could take them all out one by one ... Oh even the thought of it is such satisfaction.

I now park my car away from he green they loiter on when I come to visit.

I'd call into the parents but the main ****er who does it his parents don't give a **** :rolleyes: they'd orobsbly damage the car more because I complained.

I'm not the only one however, they sit on the opposite neighbours wall all the time and bounce balls of the side of his van and hop over the wall to get balls despite the fact that he has a lot of expensive building supplier, they don't give a ****.
    Little shytes, that's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

K.P. Egan wrote: »
    I wonder if these work.
    Could you get one and report back here with the results.

The Mosquito anti-loitering device
    The 'mosquito' alarm emits a screeching noise, similar to nails down a blackboard
    The tone emitted from the device can only be heard by teenagers and people under 25 years old.

Extremely good idea K.P! A local store has one of those devices and keeps the hooligans away. You'd have to travel to get a device like that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

So your telling me your a grown man whose going to take a picture of a group of teenagers.Let us see how they explain to their parents.

Last time I checked I noticed I am a girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

K.P. Egan wrote: »
    I wonder if these work.
    Could you get one and report back here with the results.

The Mosquito anti-loitering device
    The 'mosquito' alarm emits a screeching noise, similar to nails down a blackboard
    The tone emitted from the device can only be heard by teenagers and people under 25 years old.

Problem is Id hear it too :pac: cut off age 25? Dammit ha, otherwise Id try something like that!
    I've noticed yesterday they loitered on the green and were no trouble because the ringleader wasn't out, goes to show it truely is a pack mentality and the 'coolest' kid calls the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

A good boot up the hole would sort them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Bubosw

Gang of teens converged near my mums house, throwing stones etc. We had to put barriers over her windows 'twas so bad. Hubbie and I went out to the area one day with dirty oil collected from a chipper. Poured it on the area they sat and drank at night. Could hear them swearing and cursing that night. We repeat when they reappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Bubosw wrote: »
    Gang of teens converged near my mums house, throwing stones etc. We had to put barriers over her windows 'twas so bad. Hubbie and I went out to the area one day with dirty oil collected from a chipper. Poured it on the area they sat and drank at night. Could hear them swearing and cursing that night. We repeat when they reappear.

Would rancid chipper oil not attract rats to the area?
    Mind you, rats could be seen as preferable to feral teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Bubosw

Menas wrote: »
    Would rancid chipper oil not attract rats to the area?
    Mind you, rats could be seen as preferable to feral teenagers.
    It's an isolated area beside railway tracks and yes rats would be preferable to my mother being afraid to go in her back garden for fear of being hit by stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

I have two hard as nails teenagers of my own. The others are all scared of them. They look away when they see me and would rather congregate outside a bible-school than outside our house. Get some tough teens of your own, ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I think that some children show more of a lack of discipline than previous generations, and that's down to poor parenting most of the time. However, I have to say that generations don't really change too much really, people just think that they do. Sure the Ancient Romans were always giving out about their current hedonistic generation who were only interested in debauchery and excesses, the usual, and how in previous times people were far better behaved and more virtuous. It just seems to people that previous generations and times were a golden age.

• Advertisement

222233 wrote: »
    I jog in a park and have lately noticed an increase in the number of I would say 11-14 year old boys gathering around simply slagging joggers off from within the trees.

This REALLY bothers me when children are calling people "fat" etc - the people they call names are adults, so I would hate to think what they say/do to their peers.

I would personally be ashamed/disgusted if it were my child, how do people deal with this?

You can't exactly scream at a child.

Thats where earphones and music come in. Its just silly kids trying to provoke a reaction. Dont give them what they want.

Advertisement