Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom alarm

Options
  • 26-06-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi does anyone know the master code for a Eircom phone watch it's a Simon xt keeps beeping since I cancelled subscription and want to reprogram it
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I sent you a PM re the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

skylar wrote: »
    hi does anyone know the master code for a Eircom phone watch it's a Simon xt keeps beeping since I cancelled subscription and want to reprogram it
    Thanks

When you press the status does it say what the issue is?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 yellowbelly

My phone watch alarm is simon series 3 the system status keep saying system low battery is the battery in the panel easy to replace and where could you
    Purchase the battery. If you replaced the battery would you have to reprogram the alarm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Batteries are easily replaced. They are available from most suppliers. There is no need for any reprogramming when you are replacing the battery.

My phone watch alarm is simon series 3 the system status keep saying system low battery is the battery in the panel easy to replace and where could you
    Purchase the battery. If you replaced the battery would you have to reprogram the alarm.

For the back up battery for the Simon, REW would have these in stock.
    Have a look on the suppliers list here for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 yellowbelly

altor wrote: »
    For the back up battery for the Simon, REW would have these in stock.
    Have a look on the suppliers list here for details.

Thanks will check it out.... are the battery in the panel easy to change saw a. Video on changing the battery and looked ok am.slightly concerned though about to do after battery is changed if alarm needs programming am.a novice at this. The alarm.status keeps.saying system low battery and help would be appreciated

There is nothing needs to be done after you change the battery. Just close up the panel. No reprogramming is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevyeah

KoolKid wrote: »
    Batteries are easily replaced. They are available from most suppliers. There is no need for any reprogramming when you are replacing the battery.
    If you actually have a simon 3 and the sensors are working HomeSecure can give you a new alarm panel for free. My brother did it and he hasn't had a problem yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cando17

Hi I have an old phonewatch alarm installed in 1995. I moved into the house over two years ago and didn't take up the monitoring with phonewatch that the previous owners had. It worked fine until recently, when i got a message saying front door had a problem and battery low. I replaced the battery but the status button remains flashing no matter what I do and when I press it it has a message about front door sensor and hall. Every night @1am in the morning it beeps and then it plays a message "phone call failure" , presumably trying to ring Phonewatch but the landline is no longer connected to it. This goes on every 5 minutes for an hour. Is there anyway I can stop this? Rang Phonewatch, they couldn't help me over the phone as I'm not an account holder and said an engineer will cost €200! Can anyone help me with this please either to get rid of the messaging, or to disable the alarm altogether just to stop the messages in the middle of the night??

It doesn't have make or model on it and I don't see anyway of opening a panel as I've seen mentioned in other posts

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

cando17 wrote: »
    Hi I have an old phonewatch alarm installed in 1995. I moved into the house over two years ago and didn't take up the monitoring with phonewatch that the previous owners had. It worked fine until recently, when i got a message saying front door had a problem and battery low. I replaced the battery but the status button remains flashing no matter what I do and when I press it it has a message about front door sensor and hall. Every night @1am in the morning it beeps and then it plays a message "phone call failure" , presumably trying to ring Phonewatch but the landline is no longer connected to it. This goes on every 5 minutes for an hour. Is there anyway I can stop this? Rang Phonewatch, they couldn't help me over the phone as I'm not an account holder and said an engineer will cost €200! Can anyone help me with this please either to get rid of the messaging, or to disable the alarm altogether just to stop the messages in the middle of the night??

It doesn't have make or model on it and I don't see anyway of opening a panel as I've seen mentioned in other posts

Thanks in advance

If it's 1995 vintage it's probably a Nynex panel. Search the boards. It's probably already been discussed or post a picture to confirm what model it is

• Advertisement

Thanks will check it out.... are the battery in the panel easy to change saw a. Video on changing the battery and looked ok am.slightly concerned though about to do after battery is changed if alarm needs programming am.a novice at this. The alarm.status keeps.saying system low battery and help would be appreciated

Yes it is an easy change and no the information in the system wont be lost.

There is a front lid that comes down where you can enter your user code, then a second lid which covers where the battery is located. There is live mains in the second compartment so please be careful if doing this live, you can also turn off the mains first.
    When you connect the battery simply put in your code again and set the time then press done.
    Also do a walk test of the sensors to confirm all is working.

kevyeah wrote: »
    If you actually have a simon 3 and the sensors are working HomeSecure can give you a new alarm panel for free. My brother did it and he hasn't had a problem yet.

Do you need to sign up to the 3 year monitoring or do they just give this panel for free as you have a Simon panel installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevyeah

@Altor yeah it was based on a 3 year contract but the price is guaranteed they said

kevyeah wrote: »
    @Altor yeah it was based on a 3 year contract but the price is guaranteed they said

The system they use is tied to them tho.
    Not a great investment if you cant shop around without having to replace the system again.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Hi. The battery recently went o our Eircom alarm. We replaced it and seemed to be working fine except it isn't. None of the sensors seem to be working so whilst it appears to be setting properly it isn't actually doing what it should do. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 raymond49

Hi , I have an eircom alarm not monitored but lately it saying battery low got battery replaced and still saying battery can anybody help with this as beeping during the night
    Ray

Advertisement