Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your favourite aircraft to fly "in Irelands conditions"?

• 27-06-2015 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't mind knowing your experience levels also to couple with the type of plane. I suppose maybe it would be useful to know what the particulars of your "flying space/area"?? (so to speak) are also?

Finally, what did you start with, and would you start with something different if you were gonna do it all again?

A lot of the forums on the net seem to be American based where foamies are popular; probably useless here, right? Unless you count the few nice calm days we have during the summer. I was recommended a sailplane due to it's fuselage size....so it would be less affected by the wind...

There's no club near me to use a buddy box so I have to take that into consideration. I do fancy one of this Piper Cubs though....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I dont think foamies are useless here at all, weather bad enough stop me flying the ones I have would also stop balsa models.

Favourite-probably Multiplex Fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I mostly fly a cularis. But have a couple of radians as well. Its nicer to fly them in dead calm weather, but there would be very few days I couldn't fly them.

I had a radian at hook head a few years ago in gale winds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

I'll have to check them out because I don't know what to do with this peso....I've the motor, lipo, hitec servos, spektrum receiver but no wing....hmmmm

At least my glow plugs arrived yesterday for my nitro buggy and truggy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

We shall have to build a wing for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Any help would be great Bruthal.....I can't seem to find a place that sells some sort of generic modifiable balsa wings....

• Advertisement
Advertisement