Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon USA Parts

Options
  • 27-06-2015 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey all.
    I'm gonna buy my gpu from amazon US. The rest of my parts I'm gonna get on hardwarevarsan.de
    I was just hoping some could tell me would a gpu from America work in my PC build made up of European parts???? My only concern is the different power levels the US have compared to europe! And yes my PSU will be from europe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It'll be fine they're all the same. You could get taxed on the card though, which will add 23% to the item, something to be aware of. Shipping will likely be steep too

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JamesGilsenan

Yup I know about the Import charges and processing nonesense. But I have a devious plan to get it home here without any of those charges! Mwahahahaha!!!!! My uncle lives in the US. I'll get it delivered to him for free and he's coming to Ireland in like a month;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Scoundrel! Yeah you'll be sound then so

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JamesGilsenan

Thinking of doing the same with my cpu, save 20 euro alone on that! Cheers for the info! Now I just have to wait over a month for the parts! Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

If there is a problem with the card you will have to smuggle it back to the US because the warranty only covers the US and Canada. The only part I'd ever consider buying in the US would be a CPU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I wouldn't bother either, you might as well buy the item for cheaper 2nd here in Ireland than buy it new in the US as you won't have a warranty. Would be fine for a CPU though.

Advertisement