Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot Partner won't start

• 27-06-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi new to this i have an 03 1.9 straight diesel partner it could start first turn 5 days and then it just wont start at all i think it is a fuel problem. Changed filter and thought it was fixed but started to do it again. When its starting i can feel pressure build on the primer but when its not there is no pressure also tried bleeding by loosening nuts above injectors, no diesel coming out. Could it be air leak somewhere? Fuel filter housing is filling with diesel so no problem there..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Those primers give trouble try priming it up till you have fuel coming out of the filter then get someone to crank it while you crack the injectors one by one so you have diesel coming out.

When its up and running seal up around the plunger in the primer with silicone if that cures your problem you will need a new filter housing or the silicone will last a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 m4rkglenn

eventually got it goin yesterday after charging the battery, bleeding the injectors and bleeding the fuel filter housing but will probably let me down again i think the diesel goes back in it if its lyin unused for a couple of days..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

m4rkglenn wrote: »
    eventually got it goin yesterday after charging the battery, bleeding the injectors and bleeding the fuel filter housing but will probably let me down again i think the diesel goes back in it if its lyin unused for a couple of days..

Ensure somebody hasn't installed a non-return valve already, if one of these is installed along the line from tank they can cause the system to come under too much vacuum and the lift pump simply isn't able to duck up diesel out of it

i rang a mechanic this morning and he told me he had a couple of them in with the same problem and if i keep the fuel tank above half full it wont happen something to do with the pump not picking up the diesel when its low so gonna try that out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Check the pickup in the tank and the two elbows which the flow/return pipes are connected too.....They can cause fuel starvation problems....

• Advertisement

i dont see anythin wrong with them but there are air bubbles running through the clear pipe when its running maybe this is normal? if there was air getting in there would be fuel leaking out somewhere?

ill fill the tank today anyway and see how that goes.

been driving it for over a week now just keeping it above half full and its starting grand so happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Mechanic365

m4rkglenn wrote: »
    been driving it for over a week now just keeping it above half full and its starting grand so happy enough.

Yip, fuel starvation, the non-return valve isn't doing its job on the fuel in line more than likely
    Replace this and/or install an inline electric fuel pump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

or install an inline electric fuel pump

Do not do that anyway op.

• Advertisement

i think there is a non return valve in them in the fuel filter housing where the primer is so maybe this is the problem and i need a new housing but as it is working while i keep it above half full it will do for a while thanks everyone.

Advertisement