If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips TV repair

Options
  • 27-06-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

hi guys,

My TV went on the blink today. No power. Is there a recommended repair service for these TV's. I'm in Dublin. The TV is a 37PFL7605H/05

Thanks
    Gareth

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

GK1001 wrote: »
    hi guys,

My TV went on the blink today. No power. Is there a recommended repair service for these TV's. I'm in Dublin. The TV is a 37PFL7605H/05

Thanks
    Gareth
    Gareth,

thanks for the post - unfortunately there is no longer a dedicated Philips TV service centre in Dublin - we can have it looked at for you but it would mean getting it to Belfast ( unless we could tie-up in Dublin somehow) and then we would send it onwards to the UK service centre - but 2 more practical suggestions may be:

1: the guys at Plasmacare in Dublin ( especially Johno) are really familiar with Philips TV and I'm sure they would have a looksee at your TV - they are 200% trustworthy and I'd really recommend them every day of the week - they are just off the Nangor Road and if you say we sent you they will really look after you and their pricing is really reasonable: http://www.plasmacare.ie/

2: Craigavon TV look after a load of our TV servicing and again are dead on - they are based in Craigavon ( What a surprise!) but they do cover the whole country and they collect - Roger is the contact and again tell him we sent you and he will go easy on ya: http://www.craigavon.tv/ 

3: I don't know what the issue is - but have you done a full factory reset etc?

4: If all else fails - do give us a shout and we will have a look at it for you- its a really nice TV and its really unfortunate that Philips TV's are so scarce at the moment in Ireland :(

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Must be the weather for it. My Phillips 42" lcd went on the blink yesterday. Turn it on and the red light flashes six times then stops. Any ideas or is it time for the skip, bearing on mind a new TV can be got for a few hundred...

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Must be the weather for it. My Phillips 42" lcd went on the blink yesterday. Turn it on and the red light flashes six times then stops. Any ideas or is it time for the skip, bearing on mind a new TV can be got for a few hundred...

At a guess and completely sight unseen I'd guess it's a powr supply issue but again as above I'd give the guys at Plasma care a holler

Keep us posted

John mc& crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.