Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forza horizon 2 - no championship or events?

Options
  • 27-06-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

i bought fh2 on the games for gold. Started off fine, completed 3 events of the first championship.

when i went back to play, there are no championship or events to select on the map and "anna" says she'll plot a route to the nearest event, but doesn't.

I deleted and re-installed but that hasn't changed anything.

the only things showing on the map are the garage at the horizon festival hub and the Castelleto hub, but i can only make changes to the car there,

anyone know how to solve this?

edit: not sure if it's related, but i purchased the storm island dlc and installed that at the same time, but while it's listed in the toolbar, I can't actually select it. Neither can I access Forza Hub app - i get an error message.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ablelocks wrote: »
    i bought fh2 on the games for gold. Started off fine, completed 3 events of the first championship.

when i went back to play, there are no championship or events to select on the map and "anna" says she'll plot a route to the nearest event, but doesn't.

I deleted and re-installed but that hasn't changed anything.

the only things showing on the map are the garage at the horizon festival hub and the Castelleto hub, but i can only make changes to the car there,

anyone know how to solve this?

edit: not sure if it's related, but i purchased the storm island dlc and installed that at the same time, but while it's listed in the toolbar, I can't actually select it. Neither can I access Forza Hub app - i get an error message.

what happens if you say "anna, continue road trip"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

what happens if you say "anna, continue road trip"?

she said
    "you drive too fast. we should have stopped and asked for directions. I don't like the music. I saw you looking at that other woman. are we there yet?"

actually, she's giving me the silent treatment and doesn't say anything.

i uninstalled storm island so will see if that makes any difference next time I try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

No orange icons on the map? After you complete all the races you have to go back to the city hub and then continue road trip from there and select a new city to drive to. After 3 cities you then drive back to the festival hub, rinse and repeat, alot. It gets very tedious.

Use the screenshot option, lets see what your dealing with.

rizzla wrote: »
    No orange icons on the map? After you complete all the races you have to go back to the city hub and then continue road trip from there and select a new city to drive to. After 3 cities you then drive back to the festival hub, rinse and repeat, alot. It gets very tedious.

if you're finding the driving to and from races tedious, you should unlock the "fast travel anywhere" perk, that'll cure that. but tbh, it kind of misses the point of the game, hooning around from a to b like a lunatic - probably the closest we'll get to a modern burnout game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

if you're finding the driving to and from races tedious, you should unlock the "fast travel anywhere" perk, that'll cure that. but tbh, it kind of misses the point of the game, hooning around from a to b like a lunatic - probably the closest we'll get to a modern burnout game.

Nah I have that. It's the road trip from city to city that's annoying and then road trip back to the festival. They can't be skipped. According to my stats I've spent 10 hours doing it now, it was fun the first few hours but now. I do 1 championship and turn it off.

There's only so many routes on the road trips too. I'm at the point I just want to race, race, race, race, etc.

• Advertisement

Nah I have that. It's the road trip from city to city that's annoying and then road trip back to the festival. They can't be skipped. According to my stats I've spent 10 hours doing it now, it was fun the first few hours but now. I do 1 championship and turn it off.

There's only so many routes on the road trips too. I'm at the point I just want to race, race, race, race, etc.

I usually pick one of the beastly trophy trucks like the rally fighter, plenty jumps and cross country diversions then!

they missed a trick with the road trips IMO, they should have made them an actually cannonball run style race with about 50 cars all trying to get there first, whatever route you want to take would be up to you.

will do next time i try playing it.

the only icons on the map are the festival hub (garage only) and castelleto, along with the smash boards icons (some of them anyway? there aren't many) and speed camera icons. I've only completed 2 races out of 3 in the first championship. Lost the third race, had to finish up then and when I went back to the game a couple of days later there was no sign of the championship or the races. I can see that i have completed the 2 races in the progress section.

will do next time i try playing it.

the only icons on the map are the festival hub (garage only) and castelleto, along with the smash boards icons (some of them anyway? there aren't many) and speed camera icons. I've only completed 2 races out of 3 in the first championship. Lost the third race, had to finish up then and when I went back to the game a couple of days later there was no sign of the championship or the races. I can see that i have completed the 2 races in the progress section.

It might just be a corrupted save or something, To be fair, its hard enough to see when the game is saving, and theres no "save and quit" option. I generally only quit after I've spent a skill point or completed a championship so I can be sure it autosaves.

you've only a tiny bit done either way, you may as well start over again completely.

you've only a tiny bit done either way, you may as well start over again completely.

thats what i thought would happen when i uninstalled and reinstalled...do i need to delete the save file somewhere?

thats what i thought would happen when i uninstalled and reinstalled...do i need to delete the save file somewhere?

I found this on the forza website, link is here
    http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst22825_Reset-the-Game.aspx

basically you need to do this.

From the Home screen, select My games & apps.
    Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
    Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
    You will be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
    Delete from console will remove the local copy of this save. You can retrieve it from the cloud the next time you play.
    Delete everywhere will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
    Cancel will leave your data intact.

• Advertisement

This was a few posts down too

Deleting your save may fix your issues. But what you want to do is make sure you're quitting out of the game properly before turning off your xbox. That will make sure it's finished writing your save, and that you're not turning it off mid save and corrupting your save.

Advertisement