Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harness for dog

• 27-06-2015 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a harness for my lab suffering with arthritis in is back legs, to help him walk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Orthopets.co.uk do an excellent "HelpEmUp" harness, and Ruffwear.co.uk do harnesses that may be suitable. I think Id go with the Orthopets as its specifically for disability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

maggiepip wrote: »
    Orthopets.co.uk do an excellent "HelpEmUp" harness, and Ruffwear.co.uk do harnesses that may be suitable. I think Id go with the Orthopets as its specifically for disability.

Prefer somewhere in Ireland. Were I bring him to try them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

As far as Im aware theres nowhere to get speciality harnesses in Ireland, Id be interested in knowing also if there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is it to support him/take the weight off his back legs as he walks? If so I wouldn't recommend the ruff wear harness - I a webmaster and (imo) the handle is in the wrong place for that and it's not a great handle anyways. I actually bought it years ago after one of Bailey's operations but ended up not using it. A towel would do the job or mikki do a support harness that I've seen in some of the pet shops - either pet world or pet mania?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mikki-Helping-Hand-Lifting-Harness/dp/B0050CIDVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

This is genius... Get one of those strong shopping bags with handles, cut the sides out, and hey presto!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

boomerang wrote: »
    This is genius... Get one of those strong shopping bags with handles, cut the sides out, and hey presto!

I am totally making this tonight as a hammock for my cats!! Should be good as they love shopping bags :D

Advertisement