Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD accommodation pad or Daft?

Options
  • 27-06-2015 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi folks!

I'm currently looking for a place to stay for 12 months starting in September, and figured I'd use the accommodation pad site to find a place to stay. So far, it doesn't seem to be very helpful in that most places are either only looking for women or weekday students (Would be handy to be able to filter properties by those criteria).

So how many folks used this website as opposed to Daft? I imagine that you can't get away with saying "no males" on Daft, but they can still refuse males without advertising it, wasting both the student and landlords time.

Also, what are peoples opinions of these two websites? Are there any others that you used to find accommodation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nerd95

I’m currently looking for accommodation too- I started using UCD accommodation pad in May but the houses for rent are never updated so I stopped using it- also, I emailed some advertisers regarding properties to let on UCD accommodation pad but never got any replies. Instead, I use daft.ie and rent.ie- they are handy because you can get email notifications when a new property goes up in south co.Dublin and you can also specify particular areas around UCD. Unfortunately, properties are taken so quickly and it is not easy for some people (like my friends and I) to commute to Dublin every time for a viewing only to find that it is gone by the time we get there! That’s why we use the email notifications so we can get in there quickly!! A lot of places don’t want students but I did get several viewings for houses (they just weren’t ideal). If a place doesn’t specify that it is not suitable for students then you might have some luck with it! They also have shared properties and digs advertised on these sites too. I am a female so I haven’t experienced any problems with landlords but hopefully you’ll find somewhere soon! I have yet to find somewhere too!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

The accommodationpad site is regularly updated in my experience - just filter the results by most recently added. At least when you're using that site you don't waste time on properties that won't take students. However, it is mostly digs advertised there and that doesnt suit a lot of people.

Advertisement