Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Retention Act 2011

Options
  • 27-06-2015 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I was wondering if Eircom can confirm that all records of a customer internet or phone calls are deleted automatically after a two year rolling period.

If not, what is the time period that such records are deleted (if at all) ?

Does Eircom require a customer to contact them to request all such data to be deleted, up to the two year legal obligation of retention in Ireland ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I was wondering if Eircom can confirm that all records of a customer internet or phone calls are deleted automatically after a two year rolling period.

If not, what is the time period that such records are deleted (if at all) ?

Does Eircom require a customer to contact them to request all such data to be deleted, up to the two year legal obligation of retention in Ireland ?
    Hi northwestramble

I will request clarification on this and get back to you as soon as possible

Cheers
    Al

Hello northwestramble

I have had confirmation that the Communications (Retention of Data Act) demands that we retain call records for at least 24 months and for no longer than 25 months. Internet traffic data must be retained for at least 12 months and for no longer than 13 months.

This is done automatically without any input / request from the user/customer

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Al
    Thank you very much, that is great to hear, very happy with that response, great to see Eircom are doing it automatically, thanks for also clearing up the difference time period on retention as well.
    Like nice clean clear answers like this :)

Al
    Thank you very much, that is great to hear, very happy with that response, great to see Eircom are doing it automatically, thanks for also clearing up the difference time period on retention as well.
    Like nice clean clear answers like this :)
    More than happy to help northwestramble :)

Al

Advertisement