Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taipei Amusement Park Fire

• 27-06-2015 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭

Reports are coming in that hundreds of people, including many children, have been injured in a fire at an amusement park in Taipei, Taiwan.

From the description, it sounds like coloured dust was being tossed around, and caught fire: this can happen even if the dust is only marginally flammable, since dust has such a large surface area when sprayed in the air:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

Comments

There's a video of it doing the rounds. It's absolutely terrifying to watch. Looked like how I imagine hell to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There's a video of it doing the rounds. It's absolutely terrifying to watch. Looked like how I imagine hell to be.

Holy crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Horrifying.

Presumably must be fatalities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

They're calling it Holi powder, the kind they use in India during the "Festival of Colour". They have a Holi Festival here in Ireland too, and the rules regarding the powder appear to be quite strict.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

For those not wanting to watch the video - powder and what appears to be foam (might have just been the powder, hard to tell) falling from the roof. Over in the corner there's flames and within seconds spreads everywhere. People running away, but no escape. Hundreds burned. Not sure of fatalities, but I'm sure there's some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Just seen the video footage on CNN now. Absolutely grim pictures of people running from the scene on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

when exposed to a source of ignition fine powers behave like a gas hence the very strict rules in flour mills.

Not nice for those involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Amazingly enough, no one has been confirmed dead, though latest reports have over 200 injured, with around 75 seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Amazingly enough, no one has been confirmed dead, though latest reports have over 200 injured, with around 75 seriously.

I just seen the video, horrific, I am shocked no has died - but there will be some severe burns from the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Holy crap, that video is frightening.

• Advertisement

Won't be watching that.. The news recently has been horrific where people are trying to relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

You know you've f u cked up when you set fire to a water park.

Advertisement