Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income from half acre

Options
  • 27-06-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I own a half acre beside my home with easy access and a separate entrance.
    It's level and drained.

I'm trying to figure out ways to make money out of it on the side. Selling it is not an option.

Open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

begod wrote: »
    It's level and drained.

I'm trying to figure out ways to make money out of it on the side. Selling it is not an option.

Open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Is it located anywhere touristy that you could let out a mobile home during the summer ??

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

begod wrote: »
    It's level and drained.

Open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE

Rent it as an alottment to someone interested in growing veg? Advantages -all you have to do it dig the ground and level it and you are back to a half acre lawn. Also it is not a change of use - presumable you are using it as a garden currently?

If in an area that has metered car parking consider renting it for car parking? If not in a metered parking area consider renting it to someone who wants to store a car / camper van / trailer for a few months?

following on from a previous suggestions, iff in a touristy area rent space to campers? probably less hassle than starting a mobile home situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭protelos

Some great options above, and I guess you will get loads of suggestions based on peoples interests.

A nicely manicured and lined 6 a side soccer pitch would be pretty sweet. 4/5 hours a week work and you could get 60 a hour for it. Not many options for a natural grass 6 a side (that I have seen). Could also be used for tag rugby and other such sports.

Advertisement