Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dennison's Restaurant closes

Options
  • 27-06-2015 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

I see that Dennison's has ceased trading at The Forum.

Their FB announcement says they'll be looking for new premises.

Pity - I heard good things, David's a genuine guy, and I was looking forward to going there.

I only haven't so far as my sense of taste is still recovering from a medical condition, so there would have been no point!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wonder will he move back to his original premises in the old Wine Vault in high street, Mclearys are on the move from there shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I was in Dennisons about 2 weeks ago and it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

It's a shame, I went there for lunch once and it was lovely. The premises at the forum is just doomed, it's far too big and off the beaten track. Here's hoping they can set up somewhere soon as I'd hate to see them close permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's a shame, I went there for lunch once and it was lovely. The premises at the forum is just doomed, it's far too big and off the beaten track. Here's hoping they can set up somewhere soon as I'd hate to see them close permanently.

yea im a bit worried about the forum and its staff. i think they bit off more than they can chew there. they must be under incredible pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I wonder will he move back to his original premises in the old Wine Vault in high street, Mclearys are on the move from there shortly.
    Where are McLearys moving to?

• Advertisement

Down on to the quay, next to Jordan's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Apparently they're buying back the old wine vault premesis where mclearys are at the moment.

Nice bit of business!

Gavlor wrote: »
    Apparently they're buying back the old wine vault premesis where mclearys are at the moment.

Nice bit of business!

Strange that, considering the guys in McLearys have been paying their lease to Dennison for the last number of years, he never sold the building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Gavlor wrote: »

Nice bit of business!

And mc Learys have been busting a gut for 2 years to buy it off the Bank with no joy, hearsay is all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Strange that, considering the guys in McLearys have been paying their lease to Dennison for the last number of years, he never sold the building

No, they haven't.

The bank owns the premises and is selling it, not dennisons.

The lads in mclearys initially looked to buy it and had struck a deal only to be usurped by a local estate agent who played one restauranteur off against another. Once this came to light both parties pulled out of any deal leaving the door open for denissons. It'll be a great bit of business if he pulls it off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

It's hard to wade through the rumours passing for facts in this town

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

jayboi wrote: »
    It's hard to wade through the rumours passing for facts in this town

It's not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

How is the bingo doing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

It always seemed like too big of a space in the ground floor part, where several restaurants have gone in. It gives the illusion that there is nobody in the place, even if a few tables are filled. Even on the odd comedy night they used to have in there - they struggle to fill half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I see this is gone too, replaced by Number 21

Advertisement