Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else Light the Fire?

• 27-06-2015 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

Tis like winter out there.

Brrrrrr.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

No, it's 14 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Bruce did ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

No, it's 14 degrees.

Farenheit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Tis like winter out there.

Are you in Antarctica or what?

Just back in from a lovely summers evening stroll with the two little ones, them in their summer frocks, sun shining down, and it decisively summer.
    Brrrrrr.
    Ahhhhhh you're in Offaly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm sitting here with my t shirt and shorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

The two ice cubes I placed under my testes have disappeared so it's still summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You're joking right? It may be raining but it's currently 19°. Like winter, my eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

It's raining in Bublin, 68% humidity. 18°c here now. Come wednesday it will be 100% humidity, not good at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Light the fire every day of the year, don't care if its 20 or -20, a wee fire in the evening to heat the water does no harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Indeed Tis chilly. Looking out at a rainy evening and it's a bit windy. But no fire has been lit. I'm cuddled on the couch pretending the blanket is for the child, but it's for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Was thinking of throwing the heating on. But put a jumper on instead. It's sh*tty enough!

It's roasting, trying to cool the place down we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

I'd take temperatures in the minus range rather than this ugly humidity. Nice fresh crisp air would be lovely. Filthy muggy weather we're having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

17 C here. Been in my shorts and tee shirt all day.

It's raining in Bublin, 68% humidity. 18°c here now. Come wednesday it will be 100% humidity, not good at all.

Sounds lovely. Just got home, 2am and it's 30c and 74%. Tomorrow will be a chilling 39c. Because I won't go out in it and my air con will treat me well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Light the fire every day of the year, don't care if its 20 or -20, a wee fire in the evening to heat the water does no harm.

I've noticed a house on the next street with smoke coming from the chimney even on sweltering hot days,presumably for this very reason.
    Don't know how they stick it . I'd be turning on the immersion.

kneemos wrote: »
    I've noticed a house on the next street with smoke coming from the chimney even on sweltering hot days,presumably for this very reason.
    Don't know how they stick it . I'd be turning on the immersion.

Wee fire - heats water
    Big fire - heats Backwards Man

:)

Hadn't my immersion on in six or seven years I'd say. Just checked it, still works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Just threw on another scuttle of coal on the ould fire there.

Toasty.

Haven't turned on the boiler in about two months Id say, electric shower and just don't heat water for anything else cold water is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

We didn't.

It was always burning, since the world's been turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Ah no. I always feel the cold but not one bit cold today. Sitting here in t-shirt and trackies. It's 19C for feck sake. Raining buckets... but 19C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Was thinking of throwing the heating on. But put a jumper on instead. It's sh*tty enough!

I put the heating on now :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Burn em burn em all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

We didn't start the fire

it was always burning since the worlds been turning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

No fire but threw on a jumper instead. First jumper since April. I don't like this. Winter is creeping back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

How do we sleep while our beds are burning.

I'm an ord in ary guy
    Burning down the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Not this again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm sick of the humidity. I hate the tickling feeling of sweat in your hair when you go into a humid shop. The constant mugginess that leaves you unpleasantly sticky and weary. I'm tired of throwing the duvet off because I'm too hot then waking up because I get chilly and I fricking hate it when my pillows get damp with sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Its feckin roasting op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

It's warm and humid. Don't know how anyone could stick putting on the heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

My cooker has been lit everyday , it heats the water and I still use it to cook dinner .
    Disconnected my immersion years ago. I just lock the cooker up when it gets too warm.

Anywhere between 1°c and 13°c I'm in heaven. Once the humidity kicks in I'm hot and bothered and can't handle it. I must have been born in the very far north pole. Maybe I'm an iceman ? it seems that way because in the winter at -3 I'm in a tee-shirt lapping the freshness up while everyone shrivels to their knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

stove going here behind me as I type.. its cool out tonight here, drizzle etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I love this weather but the bagpeel is one of the letdowns of summer

I love this weather but the bagpeel is one of the letdowns of summer

Ah, Now I understand. When I read bagpeel, I thought that meant something to do with pealing potato's on the farm.
    The act of unsticking of your scrotal sack from your inner thigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Well not Jim Morrison anyway. Lazy fcuker expected women to do it for him. Sexist.

Advertisement