Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email/Outlook question

Options
  • 27-06-2015 7:45pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My dad somehow managed to wipe his whole computer accidentally - its been a pain getting it back to normal. He has two email addresses, a personal one and a business. When I set them back up on his outlook, they now appear in two different inboxes instead of one. Does anyone know what I did wrong, can I merge or do I have to start again?

I need a better setup for him so I was thinking of getting a proper hosted exchange email so its always in the cloud. I have a blacknight account for his email. Does anyone know if I can just switch over or is there a migration needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭SilverSideUp

According to Microsoft it's not possible to merge different accounts into one. To work around the problem you could set up one account to auto forward emails to the second account. That way, all you need to have in Outlook is the second account.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hmm, we definitely had it like that before. One inbox with several email addresses loading into the same place, just one sent items too.
    Any ideas how to do this again?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Using Outlook you can use rules but to be honest there is a better way of doing it. Copy over all the emails if they're notin the primary mailbox and then set up a forwarder form the secondary to the primary account.

You could get him on Office 365 which is hosted exchange with his own domain. Equally Blacknight do hosted Exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Zascar wrote: »
    Hmm, we definitely had it like that before. One inbox with several email addresses loading into the same place, just one sent items too.
    Any ideas how to do this again?

I currently operate 8 email address in Outlook and have one inbox and one outbox. all my incoming mail regardless of address go into the same inbox and all my outgoing go to the same sentbox. That's normal for outlook once you have an account setup for each email address.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

it can be done. What your looking to do is use one .pst go to control panel > users > mail > and then point The second inbox into the default pst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Windows Live Mail has a views system that lets you see an aggregated inbox. I suspect this would solve your issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Hi, not sure if you sorted this, but sounds like both were setup to download from POP3. That will get into same mailbox.

Advertisement