Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament

• 27-06-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

So I had an idea for a fantasy-type game that I thought I would run by you folks. It is similar in nature to fantasy football games you may have experienced and it would be determined by the WWE shows Raw and Smackdown (and PPVs on weeks in which they occur). I think including shows like Main Event would be too complicated. I'll elaborate further below.

How the game works

Each entrant chooses 7 WWE performers who form their squad. The objective is to earn as much points as possible with your chosen squad. We will each compete with one another to top the table and at the end of the year the person who is top of the table is the champion.

How squads are assembled

I have broken the WWE roster down into three categories:

First Tier: These men and women are the top stars of the company and tend to be featured prominently and protected well. You will select Four from this tier.

Middle Tier: These are your mid-card crew who vary at times from being given some momentum, to being an afterthought. You will select TWO from this tier.

Bottom Tier: These are lost souls, or jobbers, or outright no-hopers, for whom a win is almost a miracle. You will select ONE from this tier.

The tiers are outlined in full below.

How points are awarded

If one of your squad members appears IN A MATCH on either Raw or Smackdown, they earn 1 point. Note - They have to have been in a match.

A top tier performer winning gets you 2 points.

A middle tier performer winning gets you 3 points.

And if your chosen bottom tier performer wins, you get 5 points.

Captaincy

As with many fantasy football games, you will have the option of selecting a captain for the week who will earn you Double Points.

The Tiers in full

Top Tier

Men

1. Big Show
    2. Bray Wyatt
    3. Dean Ambrose
    4. John Cena
    5. Kevin Owens
    6. Randy Orton
    7. Roman Reigns
    8. Ryback
    9. Seth Rollins
    10. Sheamus

Women

1. Nikki Bella
    2. Paige

Middle Tier

Men

1. Big E
    2. Cesaro
    3. Darren Young
    4. Dolph Ziggler
    5. Jack Swagger
    6. Joey Mercury
    7. Kane
    8. King Barrett
    9. Kofi Kingston
    10. Luke Harper
    11. Mark Henry
    12. The Miz
    13. Neville
    14. R-Truth
    15. Stardust
    16. Titus O'Neill
    17. Xavier Woods

Women

1. Brie Bella
    2. Naomi
    3. Natalya
    4. Summer Rae
    5. Tamina
    6. Alicia Fox

Bottom Tier

Men

1. Adam Rose
    2. Bo Dallas
    3. Curtis Axel
    4. Diego
    5. Fandango
    6. Fernando
    7. Heath Slater
    8. Kalisto
    9. Konnor
    10. Victor
    11. Macho Mandow
    12. Sin Cara
    13. Zack Ryder

Women

1. Cameron
    2. Emma
    3. Layla
    4. Rosa

Note: I have omitted non-regular performers such as Brock Lesnar, The Rock and Triple H, as well as those on the injury list.

Note #2: If you feel someone belongs in a different tier, feel free to suggest as much.

Once again, here is a quick reminder of the system:

Choose 4 performers from the top tier: each win = 2 pts
    Choose 2 performers from the middle tier: each win = 3 pts
    Choose 1 performer from the bottom tier: each win = 5 pts
    Each match appearance earns 1 point
    Your captaincy selection earns double points.

Example of how it works

Let's look at how it would work based upon the results of this week's Raw and Smackdown shows.

Sample squad:
    John Cena (Top Tier pick #1)
    Roman Reigns (Top Tier pick #2) (C)*
    Sheamus (Top Tier pick #3)
    Seth Rollins (Top Tier pick # 4)

Kane (Middle Tier pick #1)
    Neville (Middle Tier pick #2)

Bo Dallas (Bottom Tier pick)

*Here, Reigns is selected as team captain.

The Scores:

Here is how the points worked out for our sample squad above based on this week's results:

John Cena did not wrestle on either Raw or Smackdown so he earns 0 points.

Roman Reigns wrestled to a no-contest on Raw. He did not wrestle on Smackdown. Thus, he earns 1 point for the Raw match appearance and that is doubled as he was selected as captain. Therefore he earns 2 points in total.

Sheamus earned 1 point for his no-contest match with Reigns on Raw; he also wrestled Ziggler on Smackdown and won, so he gets 1 point for the match appearance with Ziggler and 2 points for the win, giving him a total 4 points.

Seth Rollins did not wrestle on Raw. He did wrestle on Smackdown though and won, so that's 1+2 which gives him 3 points.

Kane wrestled on Raw and won; so that's 1 point for the appearance and because he's in the mid-tier, he earns 3 points for the victory. He wrestled on Smackdown too - but lost. His total therefore is 5 points.

Neville wrestled on Raw and won. He did not compete on Smackdown. His total is thus 1+3, and so 4 points.

Bo Dallas, our bottom tier pick, did manage to appear on Smackdown - but unsurprisingly he lost. Therefore he just earns 1 point for the appearance.

Grand Total: This team above scored 19 pts for the week.

Transfers

Much like with Fantasy Football, you have the option of making changes to your squad each week. You can make up to 3 changes to your team following the conclusion of the Smackdown tapings.

Deadlines

You would have to have your team submitted before Raw commences. The gameweek would end following Smackdown.

Benefits of the game

I think a game like this will help increase interest in the matches that take place on Raw and Smackdown. I think particularly after the initial week or two, when the table would start to take shape, you would be particularly keen on whether or not your squad members got a win or not.

There is obviously a bit of luck required because, with the exception of PPVs, we generally don't know how Raw or Smackdown will shape up. But there is also a strategic element too.

For example, this week on Raw it was announced that the main event will be:
    Seth Rollins & Kane vs. Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose

You might therefore decide to select Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose as 3 of your 4 top tier picks, and Kane as one of the mid-tier picks and guarantee those appearance points.

But if the match ended in a no-contest, you wouldn't gain anything. Some might therefore decide to take a chance on guys like Cena, Owens or Sheamus for the top tier, and maybe a guy like Neville for the second-tier.

Getting started

It's always hard to know how something like this will do. It could prove a lot of fun - or die on its arse. I therefore propose we do a trial run for the week ahead. If it proves popular then we can launch it good and proper in July.

For now though, I'd like to offer folks a chance to take part in a 1-week trial run for the week to come.

All you have to do is choose 7 performers based on the criteria outlined above.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. It's very possible I've overlooked something (hence the trial run!).

I'll kick things off with my squad selection:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Seth Rollins
    TOP TIER - Ryback

MID-TIER - Kane
    MID-TIER - Dolph Ziggler

BOTTOM TIER - Macho Mandow

My captain: Roman Reigns

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Are you a spreadsheet whizz allowing you to calculate points etc quickly?

I think this is a fun idea. Will have a think about a team now.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

I love the idea. Here is my roster.

Top Tier John Cena
    Top Tier Seth Rollins
    Top Tier Kevin Owens
    Top Tier Paige

Mid-Tier Dolph Ziggler
    Mid-Tier Neville

Bottom Tier Bo Dallas

Captain John Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

This could be interesting:

Ambrose
    Reigns
    Orton
    Nikki

Barrett
    Neville (Captain)

Zach Ryder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Great idea!

Top Tier

John Cena
    Kevin Owens
    Seth Rollins
    Nikki Bella

Middle Tier

Kane
    Neville (Captain)

Bottom Tier

Kalisto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

TOP TIER - John Cena
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Sheamus
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens

MID-TIER - Neville
    MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain: Sheamus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DM_7 wrote: »
    Are you a spreadsheet whizz allowing you to calculate points etc quickly?

No, I was just giving my noggin a bit of mental exercise. :pac:

As regards the deadline, I've looked at the Raw start time and it seems it begins at the usual time of 1 am so that will be the official time by which squads will have to be submitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Top Tier

John Cena (Captain)
    Kevin Owens
    Sheamus
    The Big Show

Middle Tier

Big E. Langston
    Kofi Kingston

Lower Tier

Curtis Axel

Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Sheamus - Captain
    Kevin Owens

Dolph
    Neville

Bo

So Mr. Nice Guy, are you going to take on doing up the league every week, or will we each report what our scores were or how does this work, are you going to be the "Higher Power" of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Top Tier John Cena
    Top Tier Seth Rollins
    Top Tier Kevin Owens
    Top Tier Sheamus

Mid-Tier Dolph Ziggler
    Mid-Tier The Miz

Bottom Tier Adam Rose

Team Captain John Cena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sounds like a fun concept if enough people play.

Top Tier
    Sheamus
    Randy Orton
    Roman Reigns
    Kevin Owens

Mid Tier
    Big E
    Dolph Ziggler

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Dolph Ziggler

So Mr. Nice Guy, are you going to take on doing up the league every week, or will we each report what our scores were or how does this work, are you going to be the "Higher Power" of this?

Participants can post up their points totals if they wish; that might be helpful.

But I think I'll have to check all of the point totals anyway to make sure that they are accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Roman Reigns
    Kevin Owens

Neville
    Titus O'Neil

Kalisto - (Captain)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Top Tier

1. John Cena
    2. Kevin Owens
    3. Roman Reigns
    4. Nikki Bella

Middle Tier

1. Dolph Ziggler
    2. Neville

Bottom Tier

1. Kalisto

Captain : Kevin Owens

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Top Tier
    Sheamus
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Nikki Bella

Mid Tier
    Kofi Kingston
    Dolph Ziggler

Bottom Tier
    Bo Dallas

Captain
    Sheamus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Seth Rollins (C)
    Dean Ambrose
    Roman Reigns
    Paige

Neville
    Dolph Ziggler

Layla

1 hour left before the deadline for anyone who wishes to take part in this trial run.

Just choose 7 names based on the criteria outlined in the original post.

We've got 13 participants as it stands, by my count.

Okay so I have 3 points so far because The Big Show appeared and won the first match for me. How is anyone else faring?

*Note - Raw spoilers ahead. Do not read further if you don't want news of Raw.*

Here is a recap of the Raw results. I will be posting a table of how things stand at present, shortly. The gameweek is still active as the Smackdown tapings have yet to take place so there's time for positions to change.
    Raw results

The Big Show defeated Mark Henry

Ryback defeated The Miz via countout

Paige defeated Alicia Fox

Cesaro defeated John Cena via D.Q.

The Prime Time Players and the Lucha Dragons defeated the New Day and Bo Dallas

Sheamus defeated Nevile

King Barrett defeated Jack Swagger

Seth Rollins and Kane defeated Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns

I want to say a word about the Cesaro/Cena match which might prove a bone of contention. For example, I noticed on the Wrestling Observer website that they had the match down as having been a no-contest. But I wanted to double-check so I went to the WWE's official website and they have listed it as a D.Q. win for Cesaro. This is from their Raw recap report:
    Just when it looked like we’d be getting Cesaro-Owens II at Battleground, though, KO rushed the ring and Pop-up Powerbombed The Swiss Superman into a DQ win.

Their headline (on page 5) of the recap also reads: "Cesaro def. U.S. Champion John Cena via Disqualification".

I think therefore we have to go with what the WWE itself says was the official result. I hope everyone agrees.

Okay folks, so here are how things stand after last night's episode of Raw! And one participant has had a fantastic start. See more below.

*Note - Raw spoilers at the bottom of this post. Do not read further if you don't want news of Raw.*

1. Cheese Wagstaff ..............................................................24 points

2. LeeJM.............................................................................16 points

= thebostoncrab ..................................................................16 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy.....................................................................13 points

4. Bounty Hunter..................................................................12 points

=. DM_7..............................................................................12 points

= Scavenger XIII..................................................................12 points

5. Stereomaniac....................................................................10 points

= Zemuppet..........................................................................10 points

6. beakerjoe..........................................................................9 points

=. Hashtag_Heel.....................................................................9 points

7. linvoysblues........................................................................8 points

8. A Brad Maddox Guy..............................................................6 points

Congrats to Cheese Wagstaff who has soared into a strong early lead, but bear in mind that the final standings for the week depend on both Raw AND Smackdown so there's still plenty to play for!

The best captaincy call was made by Cheese Wagstaff who backed Kalisto to pull out a win and the little man didn't let him down. Sheamus was another captaincy choice that paid off for a good few people. Kane also helped a lot of folks out.

On the downside, Ziggler having a rare night off from action messed up a lot of people's plans, whilst Kevin Owens was another let-down due to having some commentary duties.

Still, it ain't over yet. On to Smackdown!

Note - To those not playing, if you like what you see, keep in mind this is a trial run and we will launch this game officially next week IF there is interest there for it; so if you like what you see, let us know. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Trial run??? Booooooo :P

Trial run... Yaaaaay :P

nlyzg.jpg

Getting started

It's always hard to know how something like this will do. It could prove a lot of fun - or die on its arse. I therefore propose we do a trial run for the week ahead. If it proves popular then we can launch it good and proper in July.

For now though, I'd like to offer folks a chance to take part in a 1-week trial run for the week to come.

All you have to do is choose 7 performers based on the criteria outlined above.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. It's very possible I've overlooked something (hence the trial run!).

Did anybody read my original post? :pac:

If most people would prefer to just crack on with things as they are and have this be the official week 1, then I'll go along with the majority view.

What say you?

Depends on how many more people join. If there's not that many then there's no point in restarting and you could either let them start a week behind or give them a bye and put their score level with whoever is lowest this week?

I'll admit, I wasn't expecting to do so well. Winning is fun :D

If be in favour to crack on... And my 16 points don't influence this at all :p

I would like to see the game continue.

It would be good if others could join in.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I would like to see the game continue.

It would be good if others could join in.

Here Here

• Advertisement

Depends on how many more people join. If there's not that many then there's no point in restarting and you could either let them start a week behind or give them a bye and put their score level with whoever is lowest this week?

I like that idea of letting anyone who wishes to join start off with the points total of the lowest player.

I'll proceed on that basis if folks are cool with that.

I'll post up the Smackdown results after I see the show. I'm avoiding spoilers at the moment.

no1l4.jpg

Okay folks, now it is time to assess how things stand after Smackdown as we come to the end of Gameweek 1.

*Note - Smackdown info lies below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 1 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff ...............................................................32 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................24 points

3. Scavenger XIII..................................................................18 points

4. LeeJM...............................................................................17 points

= thebostoncrab.....................................................................17 points

5. DM_7................................................................................16 points

= Bounty Hunter.....................................................................16 points

6. beakerjoe..........................................................................12 points

= linvoysblues.......................................................................12 points

7. Hashtag_Heel.....................................................................11 points

= Zemuppet..........................................................................11 points

8. Stereomaniac.....................................................................10 points

9. A Brad Maddox Guy..............................................................9 points

Congratulations once again to Cheese Wagstaff who retains his 8 point lead at the top. His score for Smackdown was the second-highest of the lot, helped especially by his mid-tier pick Titus O'Neill, who bagged 4 points due to a victory for the PTP over The Ascension.

The best score for Smackdown was by yours truly, with 11 points helping me climb up to second place. All of my top tier guys featured, including my captain Reigns, which proved very helpful.

I think the upcoming show in Japan hurt a lot of squads on Smackdown. No Ziggler, New Day, Owens, or Neville, to name but a popular few. To score any points was a plus, frankly.

Smackdown results

Bray Wyatt defeated Dean Ambrose

R Truth defeated Adam Rose

Ryback defeated Mark Henry

Brie Bella defeated Naomi

Prime Time Players defeated The Ascension

Roman Reigns defeated Seth Rollins via D.Q.

On to Gameweek 2...

Transfers

It is now time to think about the make-up of your squad ahead of next week. As the rules stated, you have the option of making 3 transfers to your squad if you so choose.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to to make it easier for me to follow (I will show what I mean when I declare my own squad below).

NOTE - If you make a transfer, you can only transfer a performer for another in the same tier. In other words, if you want to transfer out a a mid-tier performer, then you have to replace them with another mid-tier performer. You cannot for instance transfer out a mid-tier performer and bring in a top-tier performer.

The basic structure must remain the same: 4 top tier performers, 2 mid-tier ones, and a final bottom tier performer.

The tiers in full are on the first post of the thread.

Note #2 - Transfers won't be carried over; so if you only make 2 changes, you won't be given an extra transfer the following week. It's 3 transfers each week and it's up to you to decide how many, if any, to make.

Deadline

Once again, squads must be in before the commencement of Monday Night Raw. So you have all weekend plus Monday to make your minds up.

You will once again be selecting a squad for Raw and Smackdown. (Note - the show in Japan is NOT part of the gameweek so bear that in mind when selecting your squads.)

Captain

Don't forget to select your squad captain who will earn you double points for any scored.

New Players

If you aren't involved but would like to be, you are welcome to join in. New players will start off on the same number of points as the current lowest points holder. There's a lot of points still to play for and plenty of time for new entrants to make an impact. If you want to play, post up a squad.

Alrighty then...

Now that the formalities are out of the way, best of luck to all participants!

My squad selection:

Transfers:

Out:

MID-TIER - Dolph Ziggler
    MID-TIER - Kane
    BOTTOM-TIER - Macho Mandow

In:

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - The Miz
    BOTTOM-TIER - Adam Rose

Full Squad for Gameweek 2:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Seth Rollins
    TOP TIER - Ryback

MID-TIER - Cesaro
    MID-TIER - The Miz

BOTTOM TIER - Adam Rose

My captain: The Miz

No changes to my team so:

Top Tier:
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Sheamus - Captain
    Kevin Owens

Mid Tier:
    Dolph
    Neville

Bottom Tier:
    Bo Dallas

Raw starts at 1 am our time so that will be the deadline for squad submissions.

Transfers
    Randy Orton OUT - John Cena IN
    Kevin Owens OUT - Seth Rollins IN

Top Tier
    Sheamus
    John Cena
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier
    Big E
    Dolph Ziggler

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Seth Rollins

• Advertisement

No transfers for me.

Yeah, just leaving mine as-is for now.

No changes to mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Barrett out - Stardust in.
    Nikki out - Paige in.
    Ryder out - Dallas in.

And a captain change to Orton

Ambrose
    Reigns
    Orton (C)
    Paige

Stardust
    Neville

Bo Dallas

Kevin Owens out, John Cena in.

Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    John Cena
    Sheamus

Neville
    Titus O'Neil

Kalisto - (Captain)

• Advertisement

So Sheamus appeared in a match and defeated Roman Reigns, have I now gained 3 points? I'm enjoying this game. I only caught up with the thread now as I was working every day since last Wednesday. The Big Show also appeared in a match against Ryback, so that's another point I have gained. However, no winner was declared. I assume we only count wins when they are actually announced by the ring announcer. So many matches end with nothing really being said after run ins and the bell being rung. Anyway, cheers for keeping this up Mr. Nice Guy. It's a nice way of becoming a little bit more invested in the matches that are actually taking place on both of the main shows weekly.

So Sheamus appeared in a match and defeated Roman Reigns, have I now gained 3 points? I'm enjoying this game. I only caught up with the thread now as I was working every day since last Wednesday. The Big Show also appeared in a match against Ryback, so that's another point I have gained. However, no winner was declared. I assume we only count wins when they are actually announced by the ring announcer. So many matches end with nothing really being said after run ins and the bell being rung. Anyway, cheers for keeping this up Mr. Nice Guy. It's a nice way of becoming a little bit more invested in the matches that are actually taking place on both of the main shows weekly.

Yeah Sheamus gets 3 points for this week.

I wondered about the Big Show/Ryback match myself. I'm basing the match results on WWE's own website and they have recorded that match as a victory for Big Show via disqualification, so that gets you another 3 points.

I'll have up the post-Raw standings in a little bit.

So Raw has come and gone and for us that means the halfway point of Gameweek 2. And I can reveal that there has been plenty of change in the table - except for the one position that matters most.

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 2 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff ...............................................................41 points

2. LeeJM..............................................................................34 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................30 points

= Stereomaniac.....................................................................30 points

4. Bounty Hunter....................................................................28 points

5. DM_7................................................................................24 points

6. Scavenger XIII...................................................................23 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy..............................................................21 points

= thebostoncrab......................................................................21 points

8. Hashtag_Heel......................................................................20 points

9. Zemuppet...........................................................................19 points

10. linvoysblues......................................................................18 points

11. beakerjoe.........................................................................17 points

Well done yet again to Cheese Wagstaff who retains his hold on the top. He has been leading the table since the start.

The biggest points haul from Raw went to Stereomaniac who bagged a hefty 20 points; Big E and Kofi scored points for him, as well as many of his top tier guys such as his captain John Cena. This huge haul lifts him from second-last to joint third place.

LeeJM is also in a lovely position with a tasty 17 points acquired this round that lifts him two places to second on the leaderboard.

The best captaincy calls thus far appear to be either John Cena or Sheamus. Of course there is still Smackdown to come.

On a negative note, Dolph Ziggler continues his surprising in-ring absence, while Neville and Owens being given a night off hurt a lot of teams. We wait to see whether they will lace up their boots before the end of the round.

That concludes the Raw update. On to Smackdown to see whether Cheese Wagstaff is sitting pretty yet again at the end of the gameweek!

Raw results

Big Show defeated Ryback via D.Q.

Brie Bella defeated Paige

Sheamus defeated Roman Reigns via count-out

Dean Ambrose defeated Bo Dallas

King Barrett defeated R-Truth

The New Day defeated The Lucha Dragons

John Cena defeated Cesaro

Obligatory plug

If you like what you see and think this looks a good bit of craic, we are still accepting new entrants. Any new entrant will be assigned the same number of points as the lowest participant. As this week shows, it's very possible to move up or down the board significantly depending on your choices. Enter a squad now and you can be involved for gameweek 3.

Have you got what it takes? I don't think you do!

This has been really enjoyable. It's making the matches more "real" when watching them. I'm always looking for ways to do that when I watch wrestling, same way that I throw a few cents on every match on each pay per view so that I'm genuinely concerned with what the outcome is going to be. Looks like myself and yourself are both vying for the bronze medal at the moment. I was surprised I jumped up so far.

This has been really enjoyable. It's making the matches more "real" when watching them. I'm always looking for ways to do that when I watch wrestling, same way that I throw a few cents on every match on each pay per view so that I'm genuinely concerned with what the outcome is going to be. Looks like myself and yourself are both vying for the bronze medal at the moment. I was surprised I jumped up so far.

That's what I was going for. I wanted to find a way to care more about the match results because most of the time I find I don't care what happens either way.

I'm planning on uploading the post-Smackdown table shortly. There's only one result which I'm concerned about:
    Reigns vs Big Show which ends when Bray Wyatt attacks Reigns. I'm going to go with this as a Reigns win by D.Q. as I can't see how it could be otherwise. If, however, it turns out WWE's site rules it a no-contest or something then I'll amend it accordingly. I would be shocked if they do, though.

In other news, it looks like Rusev is officially back in action so from now on Rusev will be available as a mid-tier pick. See below.

The Tiers in full

Top Tier

Men

1. Big Show
    2. Bray Wyatt
    3. Dean Ambrose
    4. John Cena
    5. Kevin Owens
    6. Randy Orton
    7. Roman Reigns
    8. Ryback
    9. Seth Rollins
    10. Sheamus

Women

1. Nikki Bella
    2. Paige

Middle Tier

Men

1. Big E
    2. Cesaro
    3. Darren Young
    4. Dolph Ziggler
    5. Jack Swagger
    6. Joey Mercury
    7. Kane
    8. King Barrett
    9. Kofi Kingston
    10. Luke Harper
    11. Mark Henry
    12. The Miz
    13. Neville
    14. Rusev (new addition)
    15. R-Truth
    16. Stardust
    17. Titus O'Neill
    18. Xavier Woods

Women

1. Brie Bella
    2. Naomi
    3. Natalya
    4. Summer Rae
    5. Tamina
    6. Alicia Fox

Bottom Tier

Men

1. Adam Rose
    2. Bo Dallas
    3. Curtis Axel
    4. Diego
    5. Fandango
    6. Fernando
    7. Heath Slater
    8. Kalisto
    9. Konnor
    10. Victor
    11. Macho Mandow
    12. Sin Cara
    13. Zack Ryder

Women

1. Cameron
    2. Emma
    3. Layla
    4. Rosa

Note: I have omitted non-regular performers such as Brock Lesnar, The Rock and Triple H, as well as those on the injury list.

Note #2: If you feel someone belongs in a different tier, feel free to suggest as much.

Once again, here is a quick reminder of the system:

Choose 4 performers from the top tier: each win = 2 pts
    Choose 2 performers from the middle tier: each win = 3 pts
    Choose 1 performer from the bottom tier: each win = 5 pts
    Each match appearance earns 1 point
    Your captaincy selection earns double points.

I have changes to my team so:

Top Tier: Out Kevin Owens, In John Cena.
    Mid tier Out: Dolph, In Rusev

Top Tier:
    John Cena
    Roman Reigns
    Sheamus - Captain
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier:
    Rusev
    Neville

Bottom Tier:
    Bo Dallas

Smackdown is in the record books which means Gameweek 2 has come and gone. Here are how things shape up now.

*Note - Smackdown info lies below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 2 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff...............................................................49 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy.....................................................................40 points

3. LeeJM.............................................................................37 points

4. Bounty Hunter..................................................................33 points

5. Stereomaniac...................................................................32 points

6. Scavenger XIII.................................................................31 points

7. DM_7..............................................................................29 points

8. A Brad Maddox Guy...........................................................27 points

9. linvoysblues.....................................................................25 points

10. thebostoncrab.................................................................22 points

11. Hashtag_Heel..................................................................21 points

= Zemuppet ........................................................................21 points

12. beakerjoe ......................................................................20 points

Once again kudos to the king of the mountain Cheese Wagstaff whose score of 8 points (the joint second-highest for Smackdown) moves him to a lead at the top of 9 points. A win for Titus O'Neill proved very helpful to him.

The biggest haul for Smackdown went to yours truly, with a score of 10 points taking me from third place to second. All of my top tier guys scored points which pushed me on.

The second-highest scorer for Smackdown - along with Cheese Wagstaff - was Scavenger XIII, with Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns being a particular help as he secured 8 points.

The average overall points score for Smackdown was 4.7 so if you got above that you did well.

Smackdown results

Dean Ambrose defeated Bo Dallas.

Rusev defeated Fandango.

Roman Reigns defeated Big Show via D.Q.

Titus O’Neil defeated Big E.

Brie Bella and Alicia Fox defeated Naomi and Tamina Snuka.

Ryback defeated Seth Rollins by count out.

On to Gameweek 3...

Transfers

You have the option of making 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

As noted in my earlier post, Rusev is now available for selection as a mid-tier performer.

Deadline

The deadline for submitted squads is the start of Monday Night Raw. You will be selecting a squad for Raw and Smackdown.

Captain

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Not playing, but interested?

New entrants are welcome. Just select a 7-person squad based on the rules mentioned at the start of the thread. We will provide you with points equal to that of the lowest participant's score.

Good luck

That's about it for now. Best of luck to participants.

Also, I'm curious to see how many people will back Rusev for the week ahead. I note DM_7 has transferred him in. Will you be backing the Bulgarian brute? Or perhaps you think someone else is worthy of a punt? (Dolph Ziggler's got to be in action this week, surely?) Who are you going to trust in?

I'll be getting rid of Dolph anyway. Really he should be kept off TV for a month to strengthen the impact of Rusev's assault & the eventual return & revenge of Ziggler. Of course this is wwe so I'm probably going to be completely wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

2 changes, after Cesaros 2 Cena matches hopefully they let him have some singles wins (wishful thinkng maybe) and maybe Rusev will destroy a few people on Raw leading to a Summerslam bout with Ziggler.

Top Tier
    Sheamus
    Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Nikki Bella

Mid Tier
    Kofi KingstonRusev
    Dolph ZigglerCesaro

Bottom Tier
    Bo Dallas

Captain
    Sheamus

Bo seems like such an obvious pick for bottom tier he should probably get promoted to mid the way things are going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement