Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

TOP TIER - John Cena
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Charlotte Flair
    TOP TIER - Sheamus Out Roman Reigns In

MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston
    MID-TIER - Big E. Langston

BOTTOM TIER - Konnor O'Brian Out Kalisto In

Captain: Kevin Owens

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Actually haven't watched any of last weeks shows yet but know some results and therefore ill go with these changes

Top Tier
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    John Cena Alberto Del Rio
    Charlotte

Mid Tier
    Bubba Ray Dudley King Barrett
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto

Captain
    Kalisto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Transfers Out:

TOP TIER: Seth Rollins
    MID-TIER: Kofi Kingston
    BOTTOM TIER: Bo Dallas

Transfers In:

TOP TIER: Alberto Del Rio
    MID-TIER: Titus O'Neill
    BOTTOM TIER: Kalisto

Full Squad for Gameweek 19:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Alberto Del Rio
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose

MID-TIER - Titus O'Neill
    MID-TIER - Tyler Breeze

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain: Tyler Breeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

TOP TIER - Sheamus Alberto Del Rio
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Seth Rollins Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Roman Reigns

MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston
    MID-TIER - Bubba Ray Dudley Tyler Breeze

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain : Alberto Del Rio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

After HIAC, I thought bringing in Bubba would possibly be one of the worst decisions ever, never mind making him captain. He nearly ruined me! :P

With that said, here is my lineup for this week:

Charlotte out, Alberto Del Rio in.
    Bubba Ray Dudley out, Big E in.
    Dolph Ziggler out, Tyler Breeze in.

ADR is captain this week.

Seth Rollins
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Alberto Del Rio - (Captain)

Big E
    Tyler Breeze

Kalisto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

John Cena OUT Alberto Del Rio IN
    Charlotte OUT Sasha Banks IN
    Bubba Ray OUT Kofi Kingston IN

Top Tier
    Alberto Del Rio
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Sasha Banks

Mid Tier
    King Barrett
    Kofi Kingston

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara

Captain
    King Barrett

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Charlotte
    In: Alberto Del Rio

Out: Big E
    In: King Barrett

Out: Cameron
    In: Kallisto

Top Tier:
    Roman Reigns - Captain
    Alberto Del Rio
    Kevin Owens
    Seth Rollins

Mid Tier:
    Dolph Ziggler
    King Barrett

Bottom Tier:
    Kallisto

6 gameweeks remaining...

220px-WWE_Raw_logo.png

What I thought was a good episode of Raw has come and gone, and with us reverting back to the regular points system there were much more points accumulated this week. I'll start off by revealing the latest scores in the Cup ties, then all of the scores for Raw, and finish with the latest league standings. Read on for more...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

PW Boards Fantasy Cup Semi-Finals (1st Leg)

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

Semi-Final 1

LeeJM 23 - 20 A Brad Maddox Guy

Semi-Final 2

linvoysblues 14 - 22 DM_7

Semi-Final 1st and 2nd legs on Gameweeks 19 & 20

Fantasy Cup Fallout

It's very close in Semi-Final 1 with little to separate LeeJM and A Brad Maddox Guy. Will this cup tie go right down to the wire, I wonder?

In the other semi-final, DM_7 creates some ground between himself and linvoysblues, but the latter has turned around losing scores before, so I wouldn't write him off yet.

And now let's get a picture of how everyone fared for Raw with the total scores for the show:

Monday Night Raw scores

Bounty Hunter..................24 pts
    LeeJM.............................23 pts
    DM_7..............................22 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff...............21 pts
    Scavenger XIII.................21 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy...........20 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.....................19 pts
    Stereomaniac...................19 pts
    Hashtag_Heel...................16 pts
    beakerjoe........................15 pts
    linvoysblues.....................14 pts
    thebostoncrab...................11 pts
    Zemuppet..........................9 pts

Raw Fallout

Hats off to Bounty Hunter for the highest score for Raw this week. He made the gutsy call to stick the captaincy on Kalisto and it paid off in style. He also had help from Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns and Alberto Del Rio.

There were several players not far behind BH though so there's a good few players who will be happy I'm sure.

The average score for Raw this week was 18 points.

And now finally let's see what it all means for our league table...

Gameweek 19 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................508 points

2. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................491 points

3. Bounty Hunter...................................................................490 points

= LeeJM...............................................................................490 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................483 points

5. DM_7...............................................................................474 points

6. Scavenger XIII..................................................................445 points

7. linvoysblues......................................................................433 points

8. Stereomaniac....................................................................428 points

9. beakerjoe........................................................................376 points

10. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................353 points

11. thebostoncrab..................................................................347 points

12. Zemuppet........................................................................315 points

League Fallout

Congrats are again in order for Cheese Wagstaff who sits pretty at the top, edging from a 16-point lead to a 17-point one. He also becomes the first player to break the half-century mark. Can he be caught?

The only climber this week is Bounty Hunter who joins LeeJM in third place. Check out how close it is below the top. Who knows how things might look after Smackdown.

Raw results

Kevin Owens defeated Dolph Ziggler

Cesaro defeated The Miz

The Lucha Dragons defeated Sheamus and King Barrett

Alberto Del Rio defeated R-Truth

Paige defeated Becky Lynch, Brie Bella and Sasha Banks

Team Reigns (Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Ryback and The Usos) def. Team Rollins (Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens & The New Day) via D.Q.

250px-The_Usos_2014.jpg

The Usos are back so I will do yet another roster addition at the end of the week where I will make them available for selection as mid-tier picks.

In other news, Alberto still looks good value while Cesaro gets back to winning ways and perhaps makes himself a decent option again?

New players

Anyone who wishes to play along is welcome to do so. Just post up a seven-person squad and we will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league and you can work your way up the leaderboard.

That wraps up the Raw update. On we go to Smackdown...

I hope to have the Smackdown scores up later but before that I want to make available two new additions to the game: Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso.

170px-Wwe_tag_team_champions_the_usos.jpg

Jimmy and Jey Uso will be available for selection as mid-tier picks.

This upcoming week there will be a special stip planned and I will touch on that in the next post.

The Tiers in Full

Top Tier

Men

1. Alberto Del Rio
    2. Big Show
    3. Bray Wyatt
    4. Dean Ambrose
    5. John Cena
    6. Kevin Owens
    7. Randy Orton
    8. Roman Reigns
    9. Ryback
    10. Seth Rollins
    11. Sheamus

Women

1. Nikki Bella
    2. Paige
    3. Sasha Banks
    4. Charlotte
    5. Becky Lynch

Middle Tier

Men

1. Big E
    2. Braun Strowman
    3. Bubba Ray Dudley
    4. Cesaro
    5. Darren Young
    6. Dolph Ziggler
    7. D-Von Dudley
    8. Erick Rowan
    9. Jack Swagger
    10. Jey Uso (New addition)
    11. Jimmy Uso (New addition)
    12. Joey Mercury
    13. Kane
    14. King Barrett
    15. Kofi Kingston
    16. Luke Harper
    17. Mark Henry
    18. The Miz
    19. Neville
    20. Rusev
    21. R-Truth
    22. Stardust
    23. Titus O'Neill
    24. Tyler Breeze
    25. Xavier Woods

Women

1. Brie Bella
    2. Naomi
    3. Natalya
    4. Summer Rae
    5. Tamina
    6. Alicia Fox

Bottom Tier

Men

1. Adam Rose
    2. Bo Dallas
    3. Curtis Axel
    4. Diego
    5. Fandango
    6. Fernando
    7. Heath Slater
    8. Kalisto
    9. Konnor
    10. Victor
    11. Macho Mandow
    12. Sin Cara
    13. Zack Ryder

Women

1. Cameron
    2. Emma
    3. Layla
    4. Rosa

• Advertisement

275px-New_WWE_SmackDown_Logo_2015.png

Smackdown is complete and with a large portion of the roster Europe-bound this was a show missing many familiar names. As a result, there weren't major differences in the scores this week but every little counts.

I'll start by giving the latest on the Cup ties where I have added the Smackdown scores to the Raw ones.

I'll then move on to the Smackdown scores in full, and the current league standings. I will also explain the stip for Gameweek #20. Read on for the latest.

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

PW Boards Fantasy Cup Semi-Finals (1st Leg Results)

Semi-Final 1

LeeJM 34 - 29 A Brad Maddox Guy

Semi-Final 2

linvoysblues 18 - 30 DM_7

Semi-Final 1st and 2nd legs on Gameweeks 19 & 20

Fantasy Cup Fallout

LeeJM pushes his three-point lead over A Brad Maddox Guy into a five-point lead, but you get the sense that this one is very much still in the balance. It's all still to play for with the second leg due next week. Both men are having a great tussle in the Cup and league, but only one can advance to the final. Who will take the victory?

In the other semi-final, things are looking tough for linvoysblues with DM_7 moving 12 points clear. We can't write this one off yet, though, as we have seen big swings happen in the Cup, and there will be plenty of points on offer this upcoming week as the stip below will explain.

It should be a fascinating climax and we won't have to wait long to find out what happens since the 2nd leg is coming up right away.

Now to see the full set of scores for Smackdown...

Smackdown scores

LeeJM.............................11 pts
    beakerjoe........................10 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff...............10 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy............9 pts
    Bounty Hunter...................9 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy......................9 pts
    DM_7...............................8 pts
    Stereomaniac....................7 pts
    Hashtag_Heel....................6 pts
    thebostoncrab....................6 pts
    linvoysblues......................4 pts
    Zemuppet.........................4 pts
    Scavenger XIII..................3 pts

Smackdown Fallout

LeeJM continues his impressive run of form and winds up with the highest score for Smackdown. Wins for his captain Alberto Del Rio and Kevin Owens, plus appearance points for Dean Ambrose and Kalisto resulted in the score.

It was pretty close in the scoring, however, and a low overall average of just 7 points.

Now let us see where that leaves the table currently:

Gameweek 19 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................518 points

2. LeeJM...............................................................................501 points

3. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................500 points

4. Bounty Hunter...................................................................499 points

5. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................492 points

6. DM_7...............................................................................482 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................448 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................437 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................435 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................386 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................359 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................353 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................319 points

League Fallout

Again hats off to Cheese Wagstaff who maintains his 17-point lead at the top of the table.

But look just below and we can see there is a new name occupying second spot as LeeJM overtakes his rival from the Fantasy Cup, A Brad Maddox Guy, by just a point. It continues to be extremely close just below top spot and it's up in the air how the table will look after Raw.

Smackdown results

Alberto Del Rio defeated Neville

The Usos defeated The Ascension

The Wyatt Family defeated The Prime Time Players and The Lucha Dragons

Ryback defeated King Barrett

Natalya defeated Tamina

Kevin Owens defeated Dean Ambrose via D.Q.

220px-Ryback_in_April_2015.jpg

Ryback picks up a good win over Barrett. No squad has Ryback at the moment so is it time to once again give the big guy a chance?

Elsewhere Del Rio continues his win streak while the Usos (now available for selection) pick up an encouraging win on their Smackdown return.

On to Gameweek #20 (Fantasy Cup Semi-Finals 2nd Leg) + Special Stip...

170px-Eddie_Guerrero_on_SmackDown_cropped.jpg

Gameweek #20 will see the conclusion of the Fantasy Cup Semi-Final 2nd legs. But that's not all...

Gameweek #20 also happens to fall within the tenth anniversary of Eddie Guerrero's death and as a tribute to the man who was never afraid to bend the rules, this week we are going to bend our seven-person rule and allow all players to 'steal' some extra points by picking an eighth person for squads.

Here's where the element of strategy comes into play: it is up to you to decide whether you will bring in an extra top-tier pick or an extra mid-tier pick, or an extra bottom-tier pick as your eighth member.

You might feel going for an extra top-tier pick is a safer bet, or perhaps you feel you need to gamble so you will go for an extra bottom-tier pick in the hopes it will pay off handsomely? The choice is yours.

So to review, you get your 3 transfers as normal but also this week will be able to make an extra pick for one of the tiers.

(Note - this system will only operate this gameweek and we will revert back to seven-person squads next week.)

Here is an example of how it ought to look:
    Extra Top Tier Pick option:

TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X

MID-TIER - X
    MID-TIER - X

BOTTOM TIER - X

Your captain: X

or...

Extra Mid-Tier Pick option:

TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X

MID-TIER - X
    MID-TIER - X
    MID-TIER - X

BOTTOM TIER - X

or...

Extra Bottom Tier Pick option:

TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X
    TOP TIER - X

MID-TIER - X
    MID-TIER - X

BOTTOM TIER - X
    BOTTOM TIER - X

I hope I've explained that well enough. If you have any questions feel free to ask away.

Popular trends

While I was adding up the scores this week I also decided to have a look at the most popular trends when it came to the lines-ups. Here are the top three most popular picks in each tier, with the number indicating how many competitors have them in their squad:

Most popular Top Tier picks

1. Kevin Owens 12

2. Roman Reigns 9

3. Seth Rollins 8

Most popular Mid-Tier picks

1. Big E 4

= Neville 4

= Tyler Breeze 4

Most popular Bottom Tier picks

1. Kalisto 7

2. Sin Cara 4

3. Bo Dallas / Viktor 1

As you can see, Kevin Owens is hugely popular and is in all but one of the squads. Only Scavenger XIII has left him out of his thoughts.

There is one other point I need to make clear and it concerns the deadline...

*****Deadline will be Sunday, November 8th*****

Normally the deadline for Raw is just before it starts. But this week's Raw comes from Manchester, England, and so it will be a taped show. From what I gather, the taping will be early Monday evening.

To avoid any problems because of this, I am moving the deadline to Sunday night.

We have had Sunday deadlines for PPV weeks so it shouldn't be too bad. Everyone will have tonight, tomorrow and all weekend to submit their line-ups.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 3 transfers to your squad each week, as you know. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy. But this week you can also take an extra name and so possess an 8-person squad.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

Anyone who wishes to play along in the league is welcome to do so. Just post up a seven-person squad an eight-person squad and we will allocate you points level with the lowest scorer and you can work your way up the leaderboard.

Good luck

With an extra member available this week there should be the potential for bigger scores than in most weeks. On the other hand, make some bad choices and it could be very costly.

Best of luck with your strategies. Gameweek #20 is open for business.

It's a bit ironic that Tyler is such a popular choice despite him yet to earn any points on any of the shows! :P Very cool to see though, maybe it's just me but if it were possible to see how many points each wrestler has accumulated over the course of the tournament, that would be interesting also. It could give an insight as to which performers are being given the best booking. I realise that is quite a big chunk of data that may not have been saved, but if it could be shown that would be cool!

Unfortunately I didn't keep track of the wrestler's points over each week. I agree that would have been interesting information to observe.

I'll try at the end of each gameweek to highlight the top scorers amongst the wrestlers from the combined Raw and Smackdown shows. That will show us who is getting a good push (and screen time).

I can also continue to show the trends at the end of each gameweek to see if there are any interesting changes.

I decided to go with an extra mid-tier pick.

Transfers Out:

MID-TIER: Tyler Breeze
    MID-TIER: Titus O'Neill

Transfers In:

MID-TIER: Jimmy Uso
    MID-TIER: Neville
    MID-TIER: King Barrett

Full Squad for Gameweek 20:

TOP TIER - Roman Reigns
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose

MID-TIER - Jimmy Uso
    MID-TIER - Neville
    MID-TIER - King Barrett

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain: Neville

Don't forget it's an earlier deadline than usual since this will be a taped Raw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Seth Rollins
    In: Paige

Out: Dolph Ziggler
    In: Jimmy Uso

Out: King Barrett
    IN: Cesaro

Bonus In; Luke Harper

Top Tier:
    Roman Reigns
    Alberto Del Rio
    Kevin Owens
    Paige

Mid Tier:
    Jimmy Uso
    Cesaro
    Luke Harper - Captain

Bottom Tier:
    Kallisto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sasha Banks OUT Ryback IN
    King Barrett OUT Jey Uso IN

Top Tier
    Alberto Del Rio
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Ryback

Mid Tier
    Jey Uso
    Kofi Kingston

Bottom Tier
    Sin Cara
    Eddie Guerrero Pick = Kalisto

Captain
    Jey Uso

TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Roman Reigns

MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston
    MID-TIER - Tyler Breeze
    BONUS MID-TIER - Jey Uso

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain : Kevin Owens

Seth Rollins out (:( :(:(), Paige in.
    Tyler Breeze out, Jimmy Uso in.

My super bonus Eddie Guerrero pick is going to be Sin Cara. ADR will remain as captain.

Roman Reigns
    Alberto Del Rio - (Captain)
    Kevin Owens
    Paige

Big E
    Jimmy Uso

Kalisto
    Sin Cara

Hey Chesse Wagstaff

hqdefault.jpg

:pac::pac::pac:

I'll accept submissions up to Monday afternoon for anyone who failed to make tonight's deadline.

I think any later than that would be cutting it too close for comfort.

With regards everyone's picks so far, it's looking like a lot will be riding on the performance of the Lucha Dragons this week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Top Tier
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Alberto Del Rio
    Sheamus

Mid Tier
    King Barrett
    Big E

Bottom Tier
    Kalisto
    Sin Cara

Captain
    Roman Reigns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Changes - Viktor Out - Kalisto In
    Seth Rollins Out - Roman Reigns In
    Sheamus- Extra Tier Pick

Top Tier

1. Alberto Del Rio
    2. Kevin Owens
    3. Roman Reigns
    4. Paige
    5. Bonus - Sheamus

Middle Tier

1.Tyler Breeze
    2. Big E

Bottom Tier

1. Kalisto

Captain - Alberto Del Rio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Haven't been paying attention as usual, but obviously have to replace Seth now.

I was committed to all Shield all the time. :(

Top:
    Dean Ambrose
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins > Kevin Owens (Sure why not? - O W E N S B O Y S)
    Becky Lynch > Paige (Is Becky even still on this show?)

Mid:
    Neville
    Cesaro
    BONUS: Big E (Not enough room in this roster to FEEL THE POWAH!)

Bottom:
    Sin Cara

Captain: Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Bummer, just noticed the new deadline, hope I made the cut off time.

Subbing out the Dudleys for the Usos
    Seth out and Del Rio in

Updated Line Up

Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns
    Charlotte
    Alberto Del Rio

Jimmy Uso
    Jey Uso (C)

Sin Cara
    (Bonus) Kalisto

I've accepted the submissions given and the deadline has now passed. Here is a look at the most popular picks for the week ahead:

Popular trends - G.W. 20

Most popular Top Tier picks

1. Kevin Owens 13

2. Roman Reigns 10

3. Alberto Del Rio 8

Most popular Mid-Tier picks

1. Big E 5

= Neville 5

2. Jimmy Uso 4

Most popular Bottom Tier picks

1. Kalisto 10

2. Sin Cara 6

3. Bo Dallas 1

All aboard the Kevin Owens bandwagon as he now has 100 per cent ownership! The injured Seth Rollins sees an inevitable drop in owners as Alberto Del Rio takes his place in the top three. In the mid-tier section Jimmy Uso has attracted a lot of interest as he makes his debut in the game (Jey Uso was one behind him with 3 new owners).

And The Lucha Dragons as you can see have been well backed this week.

It's also good to see a lot of variation in the captaincy choices. It should hopefully make for some very exciting results.

Best of luck everybody.

Ah **** it. I totally forgot Raw wasn't live this week, so missed the deadline.

5 gameweeks remaining...

220px-WWE_Raw_logo.png

The first Raw of the post-Seth Rollins era has taken place and this week there was an extra member available to each player. You would think this would have meant much higher scores than normal, but actually most were consistent with previous weeks.

With the Semi-Finals of the Fantasy Cup to be decided, as well as the latest in the title race, let's get the latest news...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

PW Boards Fantasy Cup Semi-Finals (2nd Leg)

Semi-Final 1

LeeJM 52 - 41 A Brad Maddox Guy

Semi-Final 2

linvoysblues 27 - 42 DM_7

Fantasy Cup Fallout

In the first semi-final, a strong score for LeeJM sees him extend his lead over A Brad Maddox Guy who now has a lot of ground to make up for Smackdown. Not all hope is lost, however. A Brad Maddox Guy has doubled up on The Lucha Dragons this week, and with his captain Jey Uso, plus Ryback in his ranks, wins for the above performers could make this one a nail-biting finish. Will LeeJM hold out?

In the other semi-final, DM_7 also extends his lead over linvoysblues and it will take a massive turnaround to turn this tie on its head. linvoysblues, like A Brad Maddox Guy in the other semi-final, has doubled up on The Lucha Dragons this week and made Jey Uso his captain; wins for these men, plus Charlotte who is also in his side, will be required to make the Lazarus-like comeback possible. Could it happen, or will DM_7 get the job done?

Smackdown will provide us with the answers.

Now for the full set of scores for Raw...

Monday Night Raw scores

Scavenger XIII.................22 pts
    LeeJM.............................18 pts
    Stereomaniac...................17 pts
    Bounty Hunter..................14 pts
    beakerjoe........................13 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy...........12 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff...............12 pts
    DM_7..............................12 pts
    Hashtag_Heel...................12 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.....................12 pts
    linvoysblues......................9 pts
    Zemuppet.........................9 pts
    thebostoncrab....................5 pts

Raw Fallout

The highest score for Raw this week goes to Scavenger XIII who benefitted from sticking the captaincy on Roman Reigns, as well as being helped through wins for Ambrose, Owens, Cesaro and Big E.

The average score for Raw this week was 13 points.

And finally let's see where it leaves out league table...

Gameweek 20 Standings (post-Raw)

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................530 points

2. LeeJM...............................................................................519 points

3. Bounty Hunter...................................................................513 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................512 points

5. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................504 points

6. DM_7...............................................................................494 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................470 points

8. Stereomaniac....................................................................452 points

9. linvoysblues......................................................................446 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................399 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................371 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................358 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................328 points

League Fallout

Congrats are again due to the formidable league leader Cheese Wagstaff who remains at the top of the table; however, just behind him, his nearest challenger LeeJM has cut the lead from seventeen points down to eleven. Will the lead be further cut after Smackdown, or will Cheese Wagstaff push on?

In other news, Bounty Hunter climbs up to third place with A Brad Maddox Guy just a point behind. Also Stereomaniac records a strong score to climb to eighth place - an impressive feat considering he missed the deadline for this week.

Meanwhile, Scavenger XIII's highest score for the week opens up the possibility for a late charge for those top places.

Raw results

Roman Reigns defeated The Big Show

Kevin Owens defeated Titus O’Neil

Becky Lynch defeated Paige

Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz

Natalya defeated Naomi

Cesaro defeated Sheamus

Dean Ambrose defeated Tyler Breeze

The New Day defeated Neville and The Usos
    250px-Dean_Ambrose_durante_un_House_Show_di_gennaio_2015.jpg

Dean Ambrose picks up a good win over Tyler Breeze. Only three squads have the former Shield man in their ranks. Will there be more interest in Dean in the game's final weeks?

Elsewhere, The Usos fall to a loss but perhaps Smackdown will treat them better.

New players

Anyone who wishes to play along is welcome to do so. Just post up a squad and we will allocate you points level with the lowest score in the league and you can work your way up the leaderboard.

That's it for the Raw update. Now to Smackdown...

275px-New_WWE_SmackDown_Logo_2015.png

Smackdown is done for the week and with that we reach the end of Gameweek #20. There was a lot at stake with the Semi-Finals of the Cup reaching their conclusion, as well as the latest twists in the league table; and we even had an extra wrestler available for squads.

I'll begin below by revealing which two players have reached the Fantasy Cup Final. I'll then detail all of the scores for Smackdown and finish with how the league table is shaping up. So without further ado, read on for the latest...

*Note - Smackdown spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

PW Boards Fantasy Cup Semi-Finals (Results)

Semi-Final 1

LeeJM 65 - 59 A Brad Maddox Guy

Semi-Final 2

linvoysblues 48 - 57 DM_7

Fantasy Cup Fallout

12 men entered - only 2 now remain. And those men are: LeeJM and DM_7. Congratulations to both players on reaching the final and outlasting everyone else!

Commiserations to A Brad Maddox Guy and linvoysblues who made a good fight of it in the end. A Brad Maddox Guy went into Smackdown trailing by 11 points but reduced the deficit finally to 6; in the other match-up, linvoysblues trailed by 15 points but only lost by 9 points in the end.

Credit to LeeJM and DM_7 for holding off these spirited comebacks and advancing.

So now we have our final confirmed and it will be...

PW Boards Fantasy Cup Final

LeeJM vs DM_7

Final on Gameweek #22

The Final will not be a two-legged affair; it will be decided based upon Survivor Series, Raw and Smackdown on Gameweek #22.

In the event the final finishes as a draw, the player with the most points from his captaincy choice will be the winner.

Which man will be the ultimate survivor?

Now for the Smackdown scores this week...

Smackdown scores

Mr.Nice Guy......................22 pts
    linvoysblues......................21 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy............18 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff................16 pts
    DM_7...............................15 pts
    thebostoncrab....................14 pts
    LeeJM...............................13 pts
    beakerjoe..........................12 pts
    Bounty Hunter....................10 pts
    Hashtag_Heel......................8 pts
    Stereomaniac......................6 pts
    Scavenger XIII....................4 pts
    Zemuppet...........................4 pts

Smackdown Fallout

The highest score this week goes to me. Wins for my captain Neville, as well as Del Rio, Jimmy Uso and Kalisto were largely responsible.

The average score for Smackdown was 13 points.

And now let's check out how it all leaves our league table:

Gameweek 20 Standings

1. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................546 points

2. LeeJM...............................................................................532 points

3. A Brad Maddox Guy............................................................530 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................526 points

5. Bounty Hunter...................................................................523 points

6. DM_7...............................................................................509 points

7. Scavenger XIII..................................................................474 points

8. linvoysblues......................................................................467 points

9. Stereomaniac....................................................................458 points

10. beakerjoe........................................................................411 points

11. Hashtag_Heel...................................................................379 points

12. thebostoncrab..................................................................372 points

13. Zemuppet........................................................................332 points

League Fallout

You've got to hand it to Cheese Wagstaff whose squad has a knack of coming through for him. Despite his lead being cut to 11 points after Raw, he moves 14 points clear of nearest challenger LeeJM following Smackdown. Can the leader keep this up as we head into the final weeks, or will someone put a stop to his march towards the title?

In other news, there is movement just below the top as Bounty Hunter slips from third to fifth with A Brad Maddox Guy and myself edging into third and fourth respectively. It is still very tight, however, with less than ten points separating second from fifth position.

Elsewhere, linvoysblues retakes eighth place over Stereomaniac due to his big score from Smackdown.

Smackdown results

Braun Strowman defeated Fandango

Neville defeated King Barrett

Kalisto defeated Ryback

Alberto Del Rio defeated Stardust

The Usos defeated Luke Harper and Erick Rowan via D.Q.

220px-Kalisto_Finsher.jpg

Did Ryback spill coffee on Stephanie or something? How did he lose to Kalisto?

Then again Fandango actually appearing on the show may be an even bigger shock. The Usos finally show their worth, albeit via a D.Q. victory.

As a final aside, I mentioned several days ago I aimed to reveal the top scorers amongst the wrestlers from the combined Raw and Smackdown shows to highlight who were the best guys to have for that week. And so here are the top three best points scorers from this past week:

Top three points scorers for Gameweek 20

1. Kalisto 6 points

2. Neville 5 points

3. The Usos 5 points

Note - appearance points included

On to Gameweek #21...

*****Important - Seven-person squad rule returns *****

Keep in mind that we will be reverting back to seven-person line-ups for the remainder of the game. That means those of us who took an eighth person last week will have to cut one of the performers from the tier that we boosted this past week.

e.g. If you took three performers for your mid-tier, you will have to cut it back to two performers. Or if you took a second bottom-tier performer, you will have to cut it back to just the one. I hope that's straightforward.

In the event that players fail to do this, keep in mind the onus will be on ME to cut one of your players (and I will likely try to work out which extra you brought in last week as it seems the most reasonable thing). Ideally, you will cut your squads down in a way that satisfies yourselves.

Deadline

Raw is back live on Monday so the deadline for everyone will be before the commencement of Monday Night Raw, so you have tonight, all weekend, plus Monday to make transfers and/or submit your squad.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 3 transfers to your squad each week, if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a top tier guy for a top tier guy; a mid-tier guy for a mid-tier guy.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

New players

Anyone who wishes to play along in the league is welcome to do so. Just post up a seven-person squad and we will allocate you points level with the lowest scorer.

Good luck

There's not long left in the game now. Will you be taking some risks, or trying to keep things solid for the time being?

Plan your strategy well. Gameweek #21 is open for business.

TOP TIER - John Cena Out Dean Ambrose In
    TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Charlotte Flair
    TOP TIER - Roman Reigns Out Sheamus In

MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston
    MID-TIER - Big E. Langston

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

Captain: Kevin Owens

Totally didn't realise I had John Cena left in my squad the last couple of weeks!

• Advertisement

TOP TIER - Kevin Owens
    TOP TIER - Dean Ambrose
    TOP TIER - Roman Reigns

MID-TIER - Kofi Kingston
    MID-TIER - Tyler Breeze Jey Uso

BOTTOM TIER - Kalisto

My captain : Kevin Owens

Advertisement